Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Ryan Doumit a Twin!!!

This is a signing I like from the Twins. They get a legit backup catcher to play behind Mauer who I wont have a problem seeing play a good amount of time if Mauer cant handle the beating behind the plate. He is a solid hitter in the last 4 years he seems to either hit in the .250's or he is in the low .300's. He isnt a big power hitter but has hit double digits 3 of the last 4 years.

For 1 year at $3 million this is a good addition. Not to mention the more right handed hitters the better.
    It doesn’t matter if you are a king or street sweeper pretty soon you will dance with the reaper!

Its better to be silent and everyone think your an idiot than open your mouth and remove all doubt.

“Statistics are no substitute for judgment”
    Henry Clay

Its a good add. He can play OF and 1B too.

I still bet Gardy manages to convince Smith to keep Butera as well as a (totally uneeded and waster roster spot) 3rd catcher. Doumit is a mediocre defender and Gardy loves Butera's (wildly overrated) defense.

Quote Originally Posted by LEvine View Post
    Its a good add. He can play OF and 1B too.

I still bet Gardy manages to convince Smith to keep Butera as well as a (totally uneeded and waster roster spot) 3rd catcher. Doumit is a mediocre defender and Gardy loves Butera's (wildly overrated) defense.
    It's a shame too. Anyone who is incapable of hitting at least .200 shouldn't be in the big leagues. (.167 AVG, .210 OBP, .239 SLG) With offense that bad, it completely offsets everything he does on defense. And I agree that his defense is overrated.

And Gardy will freak out about the 2 games a year that you need a 3rd catcher and how we could possibly lose a game in the standings by not having the worthless Butera wasting a roster space.

And you know when Mauer goes down, Gardy's first instinct will be to play Butera the majority of games.

Great news. I called this one in the Twins newsgroup in September. Seemed like a perfect fit. I think Doumit will bring a much-needed live bat to the lineup. Butera is just too easy of an out, and Doumit is a good enough hitter to get DH time.

Thread Information