Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Rumor: Battier and Hayes

Calvin Andrews agent for Chuck Hayes, confirmed that the Wolves called. Supposedly we also have an interest in Shane Battier.

I love Kahn´s technique. And it gives reason for the hate, among other FO and every other agent that sees the market shrink.

While it´s prefectly understandable a legit, honest interest I expect him to talk to multiple agents to drive salaries up. He did it with great success with Outlaw, Lee and Gay the last year.

It indirectly put the team in a better position. If he can get some of those guys on a reasonable salary I won´t cry.

Interesting. I guarantee the Wolves will "show interest" in many players now until we're through deadline. Though I think both players would be helpful, our small forward position is loaded, leading to me if we were interested in Battier there's a solid chance we'll be moving one of our current SF's. Which would be fine with me if it also led to us getting a decent two guard at some point.

How would people feel about a front court of Love and Hayes?

Or perhaps there is a more sinister plan behind all of this, in which Rick Adelman will quietly assemble "The Minnesota-Houston Timber-Rockets."

Kestrel is offline A friend is one before whom I can think aloud. RWE

Legend
    Chuck Hayes may not be the fit alongside this roster of frontcourt players, but man does he know defensive technique. I'll hire him as a coach in five years, either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
    Chuck Hayes may not be the fit alongside this roster of frontcourt players, but man does he know defensive technique. I'll hire him as a coach in five years, either way.
    Yah, on paper Hayes seems like a poor fit to put alongside Love because he is very short (for a center) and not a shot blocker. However, he would be a clear upgrade to Pekovic for example and provide toughness and D. And he knows Adelman's system.

Hayes knowing Adelman's system would be a definite help. IMO it would help in the roster deduction since we would need to cut someone. With Hayes gone Houston will be really short in numbers at center. We could probably trade Pekovic to Houston for draft choice(s). McHale is the one who drafted Pekovic and probably is still fasinated by what he can do.

Yahoo is reporting the Wolves are also interested in Deandre Jordan. He would be a better fit than Hayes imo along side Kevin Love. If the Wolves would some how end up signing Jordan than there would be another log jam at the center position.

Quote Originally Posted by FRUSTRATED View Post
    Yahoo is reporting the Wolves are also interested in Deandre Jordan. He would be a better fit than Hayes imo along side Kevin Love. If the Wolves would some how end up signing Jordan than there would be another log jam at the center position.
    how much could we offer maximum? I'd throw all cap space at him or Gasol.
    “We want to make plays to win basketball games, not to answer any questions or respond to what people have to say about us,” James

Quote Originally Posted by vlad View Post
    how much could we offer maximum? I'd throw all cap space at him or Gasol.
    I would throw more at Gasol than Jordan. Jordan is limited offensively.

Well of course.

Yes Gasol is the better all around player for sure but he will cost more and the Grizzlies appear willing to match anything under the max to keep him. Jordan might be easier to get but not by much I would think it would cost any team well over the MLE to get him.
    It doesn’t matter if you are a king or street sweeper pretty soon you will dance with the reaper!

Its better to be silent and everyone think your an idiot than open your mouth and remove all doubt.

“Statistics are no substitute for judgment”
    Henry Clay

Jordan is going to get well over the MLE - and deservedly so.

Long and athletic with legit size. Excellent rebounder and shotblocker. Low usage scorer with a knack for dunking (shot 68% last year). Free Throw shooting is a concern.

Remember when we passed on DeAndre Jordan to draft Mario Chalmers for the Heat? What a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by FRUSTRATED View Post
    The Wolves only have $5.5m in cap space unless they use the amnesty on someone, and I don't think there's any chance that the Clippers would let D.Jordan walk for that salary. It's gonna take $8-9m, at least, to get him away from the Clips. (Gasol, on the other hand, might be matched even if someone went nuts and gave him the max, so I'd rather pursue Jordan, who's both a better fit, and will almost certainly be cheaper...)

Since the amnesty cut would almost have to be one of the three centers (probably Miller, although I'd use it on Darko), so the log-jam would be naturally thinned if they were to make an offer.

Thread Information