Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Anyone interested in Jamal Crawford?

Apparently his agent listed Minnesota as one of the teams that are seriously in the mix for his services. He see's Minny as an up and coming team. On paper he seems like a nice fit, verteran two guard that can provide some offense.

Kestrel is offline A friend is one before whom I can think aloud. RWE

Legend
    There was a list of six or seven possible teams, including Minnesota. I really do not want the guy here if he feels he's wanting to take a step up and become The Man.

If he's willing to play a role, it's worth considering. Heck, Vince Carter has a bad reputation but if he's cut (as appears to be happening) he'd represent a step up from our other options at the two guard.... The fact that anyone even mentions Malcolm Less when talking about our shooting guard slot tells us so, so much.

I agree. I think there are many other 2's I would be interested in. I would be a little concerned with his perceived role on this team, but he would definitely provide a nice scoring option for us.

I really don't think scoring will be where we need help though with Love, Williams, and Beasley. I think all three are more then capable of scoring in a half court set. That's partly why I think Wes can start for us at the two, and why I have thrown Courtney Lee's name out there.

I don't think the Wolves HAVE to do anything right now, but it's fun thinking about all the possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Wolfy View Post
    Apparently his agent listed Minnesota as one of the teams that are seriously in the mix for his services. He see's Minny as an up and coming team. On paper he seems like a nice fit, verteran two guard that can provide some offense.
    I'll pass. I liked him a ton coming out of Michigan and preferred him to Jay Williams many moons ago but players like that (inefficient volume scorers) are nearly always overpaid. I'd much rather go after a younger, already better player in Thornton who still has some room to grow and will likely cost similar if not less money. Here's a Nets (my other team) blogger writing about him

http://www.brooklyn-bound.com/2011-a...-thornton.html
    "He was trying to draw plays, and it was like a little Etch A Sketch. Like a kid just messing around." - Nuggets' guard Anthony Carter on Kevin McHale's first coaching stint with the Minnesota Wolves.

no
    You play to win the game... HELLO?! You PLAY to WIN the GAME!

Even though I am convinced that Wes Johnson will be very good at the two, Crawford could be an o.k. addition. He is a little one dimensional for me though.

I love a name that was brought up earlier in Marcus Thornton who is really a talent. I would be thrilled to get him.

Thread Information