Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Laughing a bit over the rumors.

I have been trying to keep up with all the rumors in the NBA especially with Chris Paul and Dwight Howard. It is making me laugh how it seems the NBA doesnt know its own product. You have the league running the Hornets asking for so much in return for Chris Paul that it could be impossible to trade him when atleast a couple of rumored deals seem more than enough for the guard. Now you listen the the rumors for Howard and you hear of a three team trade and the talking heads are trying to spin of the value of first round draft picks. Brook Lopez and Gerald Wallace to the Magic along with 2 #1 picks. I am not saying that trade isnt good the Magic would also dump a ton of salary but come on NBA teams. If you dont have lottery picks coming in return for star players with limited restrictions they are worth only so much. The NBA draft is a great event each year but if you are trading a proven All Star you need to be getting primo selections not picks in the teens and twentys.

The NBA is not the NFL when it comes to draft picks.
    It doesn’t matter if you are a king or street sweeper pretty soon you will dance with the reaper!

Its better to be silent and everyone think your an idiot than open your mouth and remove all doubt.

“Statistics are no substitute for judgment”
    Henry Clay

I also noticed that looks like NO is getting s lot more for CP3 then Orlando for Howard.
    “We want to make plays to win basketball games, not to answer any questions or respond to what people have to say about us,” James

Quote Originally Posted by vlad View Post
    I also noticed that looks like NO is getting s lot more for CP3 then Orlando for Howard.
    Very surprising. Maybe it's just me, but I put a lot more value in Howard than CP3. CP3's Flash and finesse vs D-12's defensive prowess and brute force. I guess I'd just prefer to have a guy who can dominate in the paint and protect the rim and nobody does it better than Dwight.

Quote Originally Posted by Jockinit View Post
    Very surprising. Maybe it's just me, but I put a lot more value in Howard than CP3. CP3's Flash and finesse vs D-12's defensive prowess and brute force. I guess I'd just prefer to have a guy who can dominate in the paint and protect the rim and nobody does it better than Dwight.
    Everyone would agree with that. That is why neither of them will get traded I think.
    “We want to make plays to win basketball games, not to answer any questions or respond to what people have to say about us,” James

Thread Information