Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Veteran shooting guard?

I was looking at Sacramento's roster, and they currently have Thornton, and Tyreke Evans listed at shooting guard. My question is would anyone have any interest in John Salmons if we could get him without giving up much. He plays decent d, can score in a variety of ways, has playoff experience etc. Would he be a good fit for this Wolves roster.

Of course with Barea at shooting guard there may not be a ton of minutes for him, but I think he could be a nice addition to our backcourt.

I also saw Chicago released Keith Bogans. Personally I'm not that excited about him, but would be a possibility?

Does Bonzi Wells fill that role?

Bonzi is just for training camp/pre-season and on a non guarenteed contract, If Bonzi makes the roster he must have saved Adelman's life at one time in the past to validate keeping him on what is already a 15 man roster.

I expect Adelman to use Rubio/Barea similar to how Dallas used Kidd/Barea together, And expect Lee to see gradually more minutes as he is very quick, athletic and a hard worker on D.

Siva is offline Member

Regular Rotation
    From Kahn's comments yesterday, it sounds an awful lot like like they plan to stand pat with Johnson, Barea, Lee, Ellington as the primary 2 rotation at least until Webster returns in late January/early February.

If we were to pick up an FA 2 guard I'd probably shoot for Deshawn Stevenson from a skills perspective of who's left.

Thread Information