Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 99 of 99 FirstFirst ... 498996979899
Results 1,961 to 1,973 of 1973
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick K View Post
    My crystal ball says we finish 4th. My crystal ball is clearer than yours!
    Didn't your crystal ball have us winning 50 games last year.....

Westbrook/Roberson/George/Patterson/Adams is a great combination of offense and defense.

Quote Originally Posted by EA! View Post
    I think this fan base needs victories and a playoff series badly. We finally have a very interesting team and some fans are apoplectic.
    Well we did live through McHale and Kahn, who blew multiple avenues/assets to surround a star player with the necessary talent. People keep saying that we need to just relax and enjoy this great offseason, but it's hard to forget the failures of the past in surrounding stars with the contending talent. The followup to the Butler trade seems a little bit like we've got McHale back in charge. Granted McHale blew the KG window over the course of multiple years, but as has been pointed out, we blew through years worth of assets this summer to get to where we are at right now.

Quote Originally Posted by LEvine View Post
    Westbrook/Roberson/George/Patterson/Adams is a great combination of offense and defense.
    Presti is no slouch. That is a very interesting lineup.

Didn't your crystal ball have us winning 50 games last year.....
    well kinda. I had us winning 43 games with an outside chance of winning 50. I thought we would make the playoffs with 43 44 wins.

We should have done that last year.

I was a commodity futures broker for a decade. You don't last 5 minutes in that business without a pretty good crystal ball.

It is. That Patterson deal could be an absolute steal. OKC desperately needed shooting and got Paul George and now Pat Pat to space the floor. Roberson and Adams are beasts on defense. Kanter is great option of the bench and can play PF/C as needed. They've got some shooting off the bench in Abrines and McDermott. Westbrook's numbers will likely go down, but the team will be better.

So is Towns, Gibson, Butler, Wiggins and Teague. I'll take on those chumps. Put em up....Put em up.

Quote Originally Posted by dschroeder01 View Post
    Well we did live through McHale and Kahn, who blew multiple avenues/assets to surround a star player with the necessary talent. People keep saying that we need to just relax and enjoy this great offseason, but it's hard to forget the failures of the past in surrounding stars with the contending talent. The followup to the Butler trade seems a little bit like we've got McHale back in charge. Granted McHale blew the KG window over the course of multiple years, but as has been pointed out, we blew through years worth of assets this summer to get to where we are at right now.
    I get what your saying. We lived through years of bad moves and teams only saved from mediocrity by KG, and then when KG left knowing what being a laughingstock is like.

One area that I do not understand is where you write that we have "blown through years worth of assets" to get where we are now. Blown through sounds like a bad thing. I would argue that we have optimize some assets and we have used others less optimally.

I am not a fan of the Gibson or Teague moves, but I really see the rationale behind them and I think there is a chance they work out well.

I think that Teague fits exactly what Thibs wants to do on offense and Taj fits exactly what Thibs wants to do on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by EA! View Post
    I get what your saying. We lived through years of bad moves and teams only saved from mediocrity by KG, and then when KG left knowing what being a laughingstock is like.

One area that I do not understand is where you write that we have "blown through years worth of assets" to get where we are now. Blown through sounds like a bad thing. I would argue that we have optimize some assets and we have used others less optimally.

I am not a fan of the Gibson or Teague moves, but I really see the rationale behind them and I think there is a chance they work out well.

I think that Teague fits exactly what Thibs wants to do on offense and Taj fits exactly what Thibs wants to do on defense.
    Exactly! Sometimes fit matters more than talent. I still contend that Butler and Gibson will provide value far beyond their playing production by teaching Towns and Wiggins how to be better defenders. Nobody talks about this. They are coming into Towns and Wigs life at the absolute perfect time. "When the lesson needs to be learned, the teacher will appear."

Can you imagine how good those guys could be if they were great on both sides of the ball?

From HoopsRumors:

Here’s our breakdown of the notable contract agreements from the last two days:

Gordon Hayward, Celtics agree to four-year, maximum salary contract ($127.83MM).
    Otto Porter, Nets agree to four-year, maximum salary offer sheet ($106.525MM). Wizards plan to match.
    Danilo Gallinari, Clippers agree to three-year, $65MM contract (sign-and-trade with Nuggets, Hawks).
    George Hill, Kings agree to three-year, $57MM contract.
    Kevin Durant, Warriors agree to two-year, $53MM contract.
    Zach Randolph, Kings agree to two-year, $24MM contract.
    Darren Collison, Pacers agree to two-year, $20MM contract.
    Patrick Patterson, Thunder agree to three-year, $16.355MM contract.
    Omri Casspi, Warriors agree to one-year, minimum salary contract ($2.106MM).
    Mike Scott, Wizards agree to one-year, minimum salary contract ($1.71MM).

From HoopsRumors:

Omri Casspi, Warriors agree to one-year, minimum salary contract ($2.106MM).
    I was excited when we took a flier on Casspi last year but he was not as good as he was with the Kings.

Interesting to see how he fits in at Golden State.

"But you still don't deal a 1st round pick so you have the ability to offer CJ Miles $10M per year."

Why not? He'd be a 1st guy off the bench with Gorgui. We're moving Aldrich who couldn't get any playing time last year with no bench. We don't need Aldrich. We need a quality wing. You can't get bleep for anymore for 10 mil . Miles is easily worth it. Balances out the roster in one move. Now we need another shooter with the mid level.
    If Thibs had just not signed Cole for so much last year, we wouldn't have to dump an asset to clear space for a free agent. We could have just signed Miles outright and kept the pick. Trading the pick to dump Cole is basically trading Rubio to dump Cole since we got the pick for Rubio. That is a terrible use of assets.

PSA - closing this thread due to length (for IT purposes).

New thread: http://www.mnsportsfans.com/forum/sh...f-(Dis)Content
    Inching back towards the wagon...slowly...

Thread Information