Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf on the Prowl View Post
    This logo or the T-Shirt isnt much different than the one we have now other than the slight color changes. The one thing I miss from the original logo and the color scheme is the shade of blue and kelly green. I thought those colors went so well together. My one concern with going for a Navy and Lime Green is that the colors will look to much like the Seahawks.
    The way I read the article is that it is just a sneak peak at the colors. That graphic on the t-shirt is not the new logo - they are still working on that or are waiting to unveil it.

Personally, I really like the new color combo of navy, heather grey with a small amount [hopefully] of lime green. I have never liked the current away jersey color of light blue.

Quote Originally Posted by WunderWolf View Post
    The way I read the article is that it is just a sneak peak at the colors. That graphic on the t-shirt is not the new logo - they are still working on that or are waiting to unveil it.

Personally, I really like the new color combo of navy, heather grey with a small amount [hopefully] of lime green. I have never liked the current away jersey color of light blue.
    I like idea of navy and grey. I'm with you on it being a small amount of lime green. As an accent it could really be nice, but if they make it a large part of the design, it could be too much.

I'm not a fan of the watered down lime green. If you're going to make changes make them but these talked about changes are too similar to the old logo. The state of MN border is underwhelming too. There seems to be a lack of creativity going on here. I'd just as soon keep the old ones until they come up with a really good idea. I do like the abbreviated "Wolves" though.

This logo or the T-Shirt isnt much different than the one we have now other than the slight color changes. The one thing I miss from the original logo and the color scheme is the shade of blue and kelly green. I thought those colors went so well together. My one concern with going for a Navy and Lime Green is that the colors will look to much like the Seahawks.
    Pretty sure that's a placeholder logo. The packet shows a blank with an "X" where the logo will be and says it will be revealed this spring. I think the "GoMN" site misinterpreted the message a bit.

Last edited by LEvine; 02-14-2017 at 11:44 AM.

Imo, just go with the xmas unis from this year and call it a day. nba-timberwolves-22-andrew-wiggins-black-2016-christmas-day-swingman-jersey.jpg

Conrad Burry@conradburry
    For those interested, here's a look at the current TWolves colors, the 2017-18 TWolves colors and also the Seahawks colors, for reference.

In a year.

The one negative about the original logo was that it was not a Wolf in was a dog. Make it a Wolf and it's great.
    I know this is back to an older conversation, prior to the new colors being released, but what does this even mean? The original logo is what an actual wolf (timber/grey wolf) looks like. That IS a wolf, it's not a dog:

I had seen an article a long time ago that the original Wolf in the logo was actually drawn or created from a husky not a wolf. Which was one of the reasons they wanted to change the logo to something more angry looking. I liked the original logo but it's a pretty friendly looking animal more likely to lick your face than bite it off. I like the hybrid logo we saw was it last summer from a site that sort of combined the old with the new.
    It doesn’t matter if you are a king or street sweeper pretty soon you will dance with the reaper!

Its better to be silent and everyone think your an idiot than open your mouth and remove all doubt.

“Statistics are no substitute for judgment”
    Henry Clay

I still like the original more than the awful current one. But I like the howling alternate the most - by far.

I like the howling alternate as well.
    It doesn’t matter if you are a king or street sweeper pretty soon you will dance with the reaper!

Its better to be silent and everyone think your an idiot than open your mouth and remove all doubt.

“Statistics are no substitute for judgment”
    Henry Clay

Quote Originally Posted by LEvine View Post
    Conrad Burry@conradburry
    For those interested, here's a look at the current TWolves colors, the 2017-18 TWolves colors and also the Seahawks colors, for reference.

I don't mind, I actually kind of like it. Teams across different leagues cross over on colors all the time, I like that green as an accent (and was slightly disappointed when they started veering away from green in the first place)

I like the howling alternate as well.
    What I'd like to see is for the Wolves to incorporate more "Wolves" stuff into their game atmosphere. For player introductions, I've ALWAYS thought that they should darken the arena....have a full (or crescent) moon slowly be illuminated in the rafters. Then slowly start wolf howls that begin in the different corners of the arena....coming to a climax of howling and growling while the players are shown on the big screen. I mean...cmon. How tough is this...it'd be YUUUGE!!

Quote Originally Posted by LEvine View Post
    Conrad Burry@conradburry
    Thanks for posting this. I like the new color scheme a lot and agree with you and others that the current growling wolf logo has to go. Something cleaner and simpler.

Here is something that might make some sense.

http://news.sportslogos.net/2017/02/...18-blue-green/

Wolves-green-1.jpg

I saw these on ESPN.com when they were urging fans to come up with new designs. It roughly matches the new color scheme and I though it was pretty solid, although the wolf could look a little more fierce.

Timberwolves Fan Logo.jpg

Timberwolves Fan Home Uniform.jpg

Timberwolves Fan Away Uniform.jpg

In general the wolf should look more fierce. People have short memories about how most people hated the smiling husky and were happy to see a new logo where the wolf showed a bit of teeth. I dont mind our current logo but I'd like a new logo if it incorporated some of the "snarl" of the current logo.

Quote Originally Posted by DNyce View Post
    I saw these on ESPN.com when they were urging fans to come up with new designs. It roughly matches the new color scheme and I though it was pretty solid, although the wolf could look a little more fierce.

That Wolve looks a little too much like Rover. It aint quite cuttin it. Nobody is scared of our old buddy Rover.

I thought it looked like a seal when I first saw it. And not a particularly fierce one at that.

IMG_1456.JPG
    You play to win the game... HELLO?! You PLAY to WIN the GAME!

Quote Originally Posted by DNyce View Post

I think that looks more like a Husky. I like a simpler look though. Here are some good google search results that combine the old school look with a newer feel. The color scheme would have to change, one is similar though.

Wolves Logo 1.jpg

Wolves 2.jpg

Wolves 3.jpg

Wolves 4.jpg

Wolves 5.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Nick K View Post
    This might actually be my favorite one so far

Thread Information