Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Wolves to get new logo and uniforms!!!

According to the Startribune the rebranding of the Wolves is underway. Expect to see the changes next season 2017-2018.
    It doesn’t matter if you are a king or street sweeper pretty soon you will dance with the reaper!

Its better to be silent and everyone think your an idiot than open your mouth and remove all doubt.

“Statistics are no substitute for judgment”
    Henry Clay

Queue the Chinese wolf images...

Go all the way. Change the name to "Minnesota Wolves"

No thanks! I am all for going back to the original colors I don't care for the muted blue. The logo should be a combo of old school and new school. Uniforms I like simpler designs.
    It doesn’t matter if you are a king or street sweeper pretty soon you will dance with the reaper!

Its better to be silent and everyone think your an idiot than open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Henry Clay

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf on the Prowl View Post
    No thanks! I am all for going back to the original colors I don't care for the muted blue. The logo should be a combo of old school and new school. Uniforms I like simpler designs.
    . Yup. The wolves should hire the vendor whom the Bucks used

http://news.sportslogos.net/2016/07/...ent-2784009823

This concept logo that was done on Sportslogos.net is pretty cool. I could get behind this.

I'd like to see them make the uniforms more like the original, maybe with a darker shade of blue but with similar usage of green (and perhaps font).
    Inching back towards the wagon...slowly...

Why don't I see it?

Henry Clay

Quote Originally Posted by kingsxman View Post
    Go all the way. Change the name to "Minnesota Wolves"
    Might just be me, but that just doesn't sound right lol

Quote Originally Posted by SportsManiac View Post
    Its not just you.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf on the Prowl View Post
    Why don't I see it?
    It's the comment from JELKK.

Quote Originally Posted by SportsManiac View Post
    Not just you. Somehow 1 syllable doesn't work here- maybe because Wolves is a bit hard to get your mouth around, and you can end up swallowing the l and the v.
    R-E-S-P-E-C-T find out what it means to me!

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Wolf View Post
    Not just you. Somehow 1 syllable doesn't work here- maybe because Wolves is a bit hard to get your mouth around, and you can end up swallowing the l and the v.
    Well, we end up calling them the "Wolves" most of the time in discussion. I know personally I never liked the "Timber" in the name from the get go. I mean, they're not the Toronto VelociRaptors. Or maybe the Chicago Angus Bulls? Milwaukee Whitetail bucks anyone? Chicago Brown (or black) Bears? Its just a bit too specific for me. We could have just as easily have been the Minnesota Grey wolves I guess...

as for the logo...I'm hoping we dont go back to the smilin' husky. I like something showing a bit of teeth.

I like that one Tom but isn't that almost our logo now? The one on the shorts that they were using in ESPN for summer league? I would like to see us return to the original colors.

Henry Clay

Well, we end up calling them the "Wolves" most of the time in discussion. I know personally I never liked the "Timber" in the name from the get go. I mean, they're not the Toronto VelociRaptors. Or maybe the Chicago Angus Bulls? Milwaukee Whitetail bucks anyone? Chicago Brown (or black) Bears? Its just a bit too specific for me. We could have just as easily have been the Minnesota Grey wolves I guess...

as for the logo...I'm hoping we dont go back to the smilin' husky. I like something showing a bit of teeth.
    +100. Just say NO! to the smilin husky. I can't take anymore of him. Too many painful memories. I hated those uniforms. I like the teeth too.

So excited for the change. I haven't liked their current scheme from day 1 - just a personal preference.

I like the change to "Wolves" also. Three syllables was way too long.

Just to clarify, this is happening for '16-'17 and not '17-'18, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus Shuttlesworth View Post
    So excited for the change. I haven't liked their current scheme from day 1 - just a personal preference.

I like the change to "Wolves" also. Three syllables was way too long.

Just to clarify, this is happening for '16-'17 and not '17-'18, right?
    No. 17-18.

In a year.

The one negative about the original logo was that it was not a Wolf in was a dog. Make it a Wolf and it's great.

Henry Clay

Toronto Velociraptor sounds badass lol As for the jerseys, I'm not too keen on the current ones. Still think our 90's-early 00's were the best, especially the black ones with trees on the stripe. I'm also with WOTP that I prefer simpler designs.

http://www.gomn.com/news/check-out-t...lors-and-logo/

STHers got a letter with the color scheme and some info on the updated logo/color look. Jerseys launch in the Spring.

(Praying for a simple, Bucks-like look).

This logo or the T-Shirt isnt much different than the one we have now other than the slight color changes. The one thing I miss from the original logo and the color scheme is the shade of blue and kelly green. I thought those colors went so well together. My one concern with going for a Navy and Lime Green is that the colors will look to much like the Seahawks.

Henry Clay

Thread Information