Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by da_blueprint View Post
    Obligatory sad violin music for Pek, I really do feel for the big fella and I liked him a lot as a Wolves player. That said...

HECK YEAH!!! Fantastic news!!! So we're gonna have close to $40 mil in cap space, I believe, and could boost that another $4 mil or so if we decide not to make a QO on Bazz. We'll certainly have the money and flexibility to make a splash in free agency and/or a trade where we just take a player into cap space.
    It's a slam dunk to give him the QO and let the market decide his rate. But losing Pek's money might make it more likely we actually sign him. I'd prefer trading him for another draft pick and signing a FA to replace his role.

Quote Originally Posted by stlouiswolf View Post
    It's a slam dunk to give him the QO and let the market decide his rate. But losing Pek's money might make it more likely we actually sign him. I'd prefer trading him for another draft pick and signing a FA to replace his role.
    I mostly agree. I'm not saying I would outright refuse to make the QO just to free up $4 mil more in space. I'm just saying that option is there in case we absolutely need that much more cap space to make some humongous move-- say, like, signing a max free agent and a starter-level free agent. A pipe dream, for sure, but the option is there if we need to use it.

Thread Information