Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by LEvine View Post
    No one knows the details. I was just confused by this comment:

But giving up on a #2 overall pick, after only one year, just to reduce protection on a draft pick?

That makes it sound like Philly would be trading him to sweeten a previous deal. But they'd be trading him for a 1st round pick. Any bad contracts going back to Philly (like Ajinca or Asik) would likely be to lower the protection on the pick they send for Okafor.
    RealGM is reporting that it also includes Jrue Holiday which is a big difference. He's something they need. He is a FA at the end of the year, so still selling a little low. But he's a legit PG and maybe they figure he'd like all the young talent and they could resign him.

Pelicans, 76ers Discussing Jrue Holiday For Jahlil Okafor Trade
    Feb 6, 2017 6:03 PM
    The New Orleans Pelicans and Philadelphia 76ers have been in talks on a deal centered around Jahlil Okafor for Jrue Holiday.
    The 76ers traded Holiday to the Pelicans in 2013 for the draft rights to Nerlens Noel and a future first rounder.
    Holiday will be an unrestricted free agent in the offseason.
    Philadelphia is seeking a first round pick from the Pelicans as part of the deal. Alexis Ajinca is also part of the framework being discussed.
    The 76ers have a glut of centers with the emergence of Joel Embiid this season.

Right now I would say the Sixers are in a better spot than us. KAT and Embiid are a wash comparably. Those two are studs and if Embiid stays healthy, both will probably be HOFers. I personally like KAT more, but if I was a Sixers fan, I would prefer Embiid. I don't think I've seen someone that freaking huge move like him, EVER. And as ever, your big has to defend the paint and Embiid is gonna be the best in the future. As for the rest of the guys, well to be honestly Wiggins is letting me down. Yeah sure he's scoring, but good god the guy brings nothing else. I am going to predict Simmons blows him out of the water by the end of his ROOKIE season in every statistical category and advanced stats except PPG. FWIW, I was willing to trade Wiggy straight up for Simmons before the season started and I would still do it now. LaVine, like Wiggins, is showing he can score but dude's fundamentals may be the worst on the team. He and Noel are about the same in value, but LaVine has the hype because he can dunk. Not saying I'd trade LaVine for Noels, no no, but in terms of impact LaVine is heading towards JR Smith territory (which works if KAT and Wiggins continues to rise). Rest of the teams are meh.

Thread Information