Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Wolves vs Heat

Quote Originally Posted by The Country Club View Post
    I agree the role would change but you'd be trading a great passer/very good defender for a guy who can shoot and is an ok passer and awful defender.

I'd rather the guy who's really good in two of three things playing the point than a guy who is really good at one.

If we were talking about subbing out Lavine and replacing him with Dragic, I'd actually be a bit more inclined to talk through that conversation since Dragic can play the two (he's short but it's doable). I personally wouldn't make *that* move but I'd be less opposed to it.
    I don't think we have to worry about it since Miami isn't trading for Rubio anyways, but I cold think of a lot of worse PG's coming back to us in a trade.

It's a good point about PG usage. As has been said, there is only one ball. Unless we're going to offer Wiggins and Rubio for a star type PG (a longshot that any of those guys are available), then the the goal should be a PG like George Hill in FA who has been effective with a usage level around where Rubio is at this year. High usage guys like Dragic and Reggie Jackson would offer more scoring/shooting, but it'll come at the expense of someone.

Quote Originally Posted by dschroeder01 View Post
    It's a good point about PG usage. As has been said, there is only one ball. Unless we're going to offer Wiggins and Rubio for a star type PG (a longshot that any of those guys are available), then the the goal should be a PG like George Hill in FA who has been effective with a usage level around where Rubio is at this year. High usage guys like Dragic and Reggie Jackson would offer more scoring/shooting, but it'll come at the expense of someone.
    Hill would fit pretty well in this offense buttttttttttt he's 31 in May. No need to go 30+ for starters with a young team. If Rubio or Dunn were moved as part of a deal to get the star upgrade at the 3, then Hill makes a boatload of sense.
    Inching back towards the wagon...slowly...

Thread Information