Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ECA19 View Post
    JR was the ultimate con artist. You'd hear him in an interview and by the time it was done you'd think he really had his head on straight. He sounded smart and sincere, and said all the right things. Then he'd turn into the complete opposite. He was (is?) a con artist addict who may have flushed away more talent than anyone.

That's funny stuff about his mom, btw.
    All you could do was shake your head when it came to JR. He was really something. Remember that shot he made when falling out of bounds, flipping it backwards underhanded...and from 30 feet it goes in! Lucky, of course but amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick K View Post
    All you could do was shake your head when it came to JR. He was really something. Remember that shot he made when falling out of bounds, flipping it backwards underhanded...and from 30 feet it goes in! Lucky, of course but amazing.
    Yea, I remember that shot. That was crazy. His talent was off the charts. He could have been an all time great. Shooting, jumping, ball handling... he had it all.

Patrick Reusse tells a story about when Bill Blair was the coach. He knew his days were numbered because McHale had brought in his buddy Flip and they all knew it was only a matter of time before Blair got fired and Flip moved to the bench.

It's pre-season and they are doing the usual feel good stories and there's the story going around about how JR has finally gotten his act together and this is going to be his year. The story was told to Blair and it was a complete softball question where the coach can say some nice things about his guy. Blair's response was "JR Rider is a piece of $h!t""

When your coach says that about you, and the season hasn't even started... that's not good.

Quote Originally Posted by ECA19 View Post
    Yea, I remember that shot. That was crazy. His talent was off the charts. He could have been an all time great. Shooting, jumping, ball handling... he had it all.

Patrick Reusse tells a story about when Bill Blair was the coach. He knew his days were numbered because McHale had brought in his buddy Flip and they all knew it was only a matter of time before Blair got fired and Flip moved to the bench.

It's pre-season and they are doing the usual feel good stories and there's the story going around about how JR has finally gotten his act together and this is going to be his year. The story was told to Blair and it was a complete softball question where the coach can say some nice things about his guy. Blair's response was "JR Rider is a piece of $h!t""

When your coach says that about you, and the season hasn't even started... that's not good.
    Great story. The "salty sea captain" had a way with words!

Simon Hannig ‏@S_HannigNBA 14h14 hours ago
    Sources: Lance Stephenson will not be getting a second 10-day contract from Minnesota. Source adds he is focused on getting healthy.

Keith Smith@KeithSmithNBA 12h12 hours ago
    NOP will move forward with E'Twaun Moore at SG and has interest in bringing Lance Stephenson back after his 10 expired with MIN.

Quote Originally Posted by LEvine View Post
    Simon Hannig ‏@S_HannigNBA 14h14 hours ago
    Sources: Lance Stephenson will not be getting a second 10-day contract from Minnesota. Source adds he is focused on getting healthy.

Keith Smith@KeithSmithNBA 12h12 hours ago
    NOP will move forward with E'Twaun Moore at SG and has interest in bringing Lance Stephenson back after his 10 expired with MIN.
    I'm disappointed in hearing that. Of course disappointed is a normal state when it comes to the Wolves for me. A grade 2 sprain should take 3 to 4 weeks to heal not 2 like they said. Even so, I would have signed Lance for the rest of the year and evaluate. He can help us. Maybe keeping him gives us a leg up in keeping him for next year.

I'm disappointed in hearing that. Of course disappointed is a normal state when it comes to the Wolves for me. A grade 2 sprain should take 3 to 4 weeks to heal not 2 like they said. Even so, I would have signed Lance for the rest of the year and evaluate. He can help us. Maybe keeping him gives us a leg up in keeping him for next year.
    Seems foolish to me to lock up our one open roster spot on an injured player so close to the trade deadline. If we haven't filled the roster by Thursday afternoon, I'd offer Lance the 2nd 10 day.

I was as excited about Lance as anyone, but he has played for 5 teams the past 3 years with none of them showing any interest in keeping him. I'd love if he could be a rare redemption story and become the guy he was 4 years ago, but the odds probably don't favor it.

Seems foolish to me to lock up our one open roster spot on an injured player so close to the trade deadline. If we haven't filled the roster by Thursday afternoon, I'd offer Lance the 2nd 10 day.

I was as excited about Lance as anyone, but he has played for 5 teams the past 3 years with none of them showing any interest in keeping him. I'd love if he could be a rare redemption story and become the guy he was 4 years ago, but the odds probably don't favor it.
    OK. Fair enough. But I would like to see him back after the trade deadline passes.

jace frederick‏@JaceFrederick 3m3 minutes ago
    Lance Stephenson is at the Wolves' practice facility. Ankle still taped up. Hasn't re-signed with the team yet

jace frederick‏@JaceFrederick 2m2 minutes ago
    Stephenson is here rehabbing his ankle at the Mayo Clinic facility

Lance Stephenson is at the Wolves' practice facility. Ankle still taped up. Hasn't re-signed with the team yet

That's promising. Still wonder if he's going to get a call from the Pellies after tomorrow, but I hope he sticks around.

Poor timing with the deadline. His defense was a breath of fresh air. I hope we can find a way to get him back.

jace frederick‏@JaceFrederick 18m18 minutes ago
    Thibs said Stephenson's ankle injury was unfortunate, but was encouraged it was only a sprain: "We’ve got to wait until that’s cleared up.”

I'm guessing that with the injury occuring while playing for Mn that we are essentially responsible for the treatment until he becomes someone else issue.

Quote Originally Posted by kingsxman View Post
    I'm guessing that with the injury occuring while playing for Mn that we are essentially responsible for the treatment until he becomes someone else issue.

I wish that meant we had first dibs at him once he was cleared assuming nobody would sign him to a 10 day while still injured.

Quote Originally Posted by kingsxman View Post
    I do not believe that the Wolves are "responsible" for his rehab because he was on our roster when it happened. More likely, the Wolves like Lance and told him he could stick around and use the facilities while he is unsigned to get back in shape.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ Styles View Post
    I do not believe that the Wolves are "responsible" for his rehab because he was on our roster when it happened. More likely, the Wolves like Lance and told him he could stick around and use the facilities while he is unsigned to get back in shape.
    He was still under contract with us until yesterday.

Jon Krawczynski‏ @APkrawczynski 2h2 hours ago
    Wrote on Monday that Lance STEPHENSON's 2nd 10-day was imminent. Wolves putting him thru final steps of ankle rehab and he'll be back

Sources: Lance Stephenson to get second 10-day deal from Wolves
    8:13 PM CT
    Chris HaynesESPN Staff Writer

The Minnesota Timberwolves will sign wing Lance Stephenson to a second 10-day contract, league sources tell ESPN.

The new deal will be signed on Wednesday, sources say.

Stephenson's first 10-day contract with Minnesota began on Feb. 8, but he suffered a sprained ankle on his sixth day on duty in a game against the Cleveland Cavaliers. The Timberwolves were still committed to thoroughly giving him a proper evaluation. He remained in Minnesota while receiving treatment.
    -------------

Sources: Lance Stephenson to get second 10-day deal from Wolves
    8:13 PM CT
    Chris HaynesESPN Staff Writer

The Minnesota Timberwolves will sign wing Lance Stephenson to a second 10-day contract, league sources tell ESPN.

The new deal will be signed on Wednesday, sources say.

Stephenson's first 10-day contract with Minnesota began on Feb. 8, but he suffered a sprained ankle on his sixth day on duty in a game against the Cleveland Cavaliers. The Timberwolves were still committed to thoroughly giving him a proper evaluation. He remained in Minnesota while receiving treatment.
    -------------
    The ankle injury might end up being a good thing for Lance and us. Since he stayed in MN for his treatment, he has been able to be around the Wolves for longer than the two 10-day contracts alone would have allowed. With the "character questions" from his time at other places, this gives the staff an extra amount of time to get to really know him and decide if he is just misunderstood. It is also a good sign to us that both sides have kept the ball rolling on this. I think there is a pretty good chance that Lance is a full-time Wolf next season.

I wouldn't have a problem just signing him to the min for the rest of the year if he would agree. or even 2 years above the min with second year not guaranteed.

It'll be interesting to see whose minutes he gets. Will it be Rush, Tyus or Dunn?

Thread Information