Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 62
  1. #1

    Around the NBA February

    Zach Lowe ✔ @ZachLowe_NBA
    Bad news: MRI shows JaBari Parker has torn his ACL again, league sources say. Official update from Bucks expected shortly.
    11:35 AM - 9 Feb 2017

    ------------------

    Same knee as before. Its a shame as he appeared to be starting to "get it". Right as they get Middleton back too.

    If they add a good lottery pick to this squad, look out.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by LEvine View Post
    Zach Lowe ✔ @ZachLowe_NBA
    Bad news: MRI shows JaBari Parker has torn his ACL again, league sources say. Official update from Bucks expected shortly.
    11:35 AM - 9 Feb 2017

    ------------------

    Same knee as before. Its a shame as he appeared to be starting to "get it". Right as they get Middleton back too.

    If they add a good lottery pick to this squad, look out.
    So sad. Really feel for Jabari (and Bucks fans).

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    17,073
    Dray Dray got a non-point triple double against Memphis
    12 boards
    10 dimes
    10 steals

    First one in the NBA without points ever...
    Inching back towards the wagon...slowly...

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by The Country Club View Post
    Dray Dray got a non-point triple double against Memphis
    12 boards
    10 dimes
    10 steals

    First one in the NBA without points ever...
    We certainly don't have anyone who could even dream about getting one of those. That's an amazing stat.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by The Country Club View Post
    Dray Dray got a non-point triple double against Memphis
    12 boards
    10 dimes
    10 steals

    First one in the NBA without points ever...
    Missed the quad by 4 points. Also added 5 blocks.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick K View Post
    We certainly don't have anyone who could even dream about getting one of those. That's an amazing stat.
    You're favorite player nearly had one just last year Nick!!!

    Rubio had 9 points, 12 assists, 10 rebounds and 8 steals in a game against the Knicks last season.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by dschroeder01 View Post
    You're favorite player nearly had one just last year Nick!!!

    Rubio had 9 points, 12 assists, 10 rebounds and 8 steals in a game against the Knicks last season.
    You got me on that one. Almost aint good enough....like the rest of his game. Hey, you know I love one half of Ricky. To his credit he's been playing better lately. It's all in fun.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    17,073
    Sixers end the Heat's 13 game run.

    God, I love watching this Sixers team. They enjoy ballin' and life so much...even Embiid with a torn meniscus is twerkin' to Meek Mill.

    http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/s...l-concert.html

    I wish the Wolves' played with the fire and energy the 76ers bring nearly every. single. night.
    Inching back towards the wagon...slowly...

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by The Country Club View Post
    Sixers end the Heat's 13 game run.

    God, I love watching this Sixers team. They enjoy ballin' and life so much...even Embiid with a torn meniscus is twerkin' to Meek Mill.

    http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/s...l-concert.html

    I wish the Wolves' played with the fire and energy the 76ers bring nearly every. single. night.
    How do you explain them being as young as we are, but are catching on defensively better than we are?

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick K View Post
    How do you explain them being as young as we are, but are catching on defensively better than we are?
    They have a better mix of offensive and defensive talent.

    Guys like Covington, Noel and Embiid are fantastic defenders.

    It also helps they're in the same system for their 4th year vs 54 games.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    17,073
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick K View Post
    How do you explain them being as young as we are, but are catching on defensively better than we are?
    Noel and Embiid are awesome at defense. McConnell is a coach on the floor and a pretty good baller to boot. Ilyasova has been a godsend for the team in being a stretch 4 and forcing the 76ers to stop trying Noel at the four (he isn't) as a primary position.

    They really need a 3 and D swingman (either at the 2 or 3) that's more consistent at hitting shots than Covington and they'd make a huge jump.

    With the rumors of Okafor going to NOLA for Jrue, I'm sorta hoping Jrue gets bounced to another team for the 3/D wing. Sergio and McConnell are a competent point guard combo.

    One of the bigger differences - Brown is letting the kids get out and run, which fuels their enthusiasm to play hard on both ends of the court since he's not micromanaging the sh*t out of the team. Even when they were sh**ty, the team played hard and competitive for 48...unlike a certain team we know and love.
    Inching back towards the wagon...slowly...

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    17,073
    Quote Originally Posted by LEvine View Post
    It also helps they're in the same system for their 4th year vs 54 games.
    Noel and Covington are the only guys on the roster who have been here and playing more than two years. Ilyasova, Henderson, Rodriguez are 1st year here.

    This team's churned over quite a bit Embiid was drafted.
    Inching back towards the wagon...slowly...

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    17,073
    Inching back towards the wagon...slowly...

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by The Country Club View Post
    Noel and Embiid are awesome at defense. McConnell is a coach on the floor and a pretty good baller to boot. Ilyasova has been a godsend for the team in being a stretch 4 and forcing the 76ers to stop trying Noel at the four (he isn't) as a primary position.

    They really need a 3 and D swingman (either at the 2 or 3) that's more consistent at hitting shots than Covington and they'd make a huge jump.

    With the rumors of Okafor going to NOLA for Jrue, I'm sorta hoping Jrue gets bounced to another team for the 3/D wing. Sergio and McConnell are a competent point guard combo.

    One of the bigger differences - Brown is letting the kids get out and run, which fuels their enthusiasm to play hard on both ends of the court since he's not micromanaging the sh*t out of the team. Even when they were sh**ty, the team played hard and competitive for 48...unlike a certain team we know and love.
    Noel and Cov have been there awhile. mcConnel is in his 2nd year. Embiid is a rookie player, but it's his 3rd year learning the system and practicing.

    The coaching staff has Years of continuity, they've had some turnover but its not even close to 15 guys with 55 games or less under the current staff.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by The Country Club View Post
    I like this OK for both teams (seems like a bit of an overpay for DEN, but teams seems to like Plumlee), but it's small enough that I'm a little surpirsed that two teams competing for the last playoff spot agreed to deal with each other.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    17,073
    Quote Originally Posted by LEvine View Post
    Noel and Cov have been there awhile. mcConnel is in his 2nd year. Embiid is a rookie player, but it's his 3rd year learning the system and practicing.

    The coaching staff has Years of continuity, they've had some turnover but its not even close to 15 guys with 55 games or less under the current staff.
    I think a lot of the improvement with the team is the addition of Rodridguez, Henderson, Ilyasova in addition to Embiid playing - competent role players go a helluva distance with the group. I don't think they'd be *as* good if it were last season's roster plus Embiid. The role players that were brought in would probably get rotational burn on a playoff team.
    Inching back towards the wagon...slowly...

  17. #17
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,950
    Quote Originally Posted by LA_33 View Post
    I like this OK for both teams (seems like a bit of an overpay for DEN, but teams seems to like Plumlee), but it's small enough that I'm a little surpirsed that two teams competing for the last playoff spot agreed to deal with each other.
    Olshey is always playing the long game. By giving up his starting center he's essentially going into tank mode. They were going to have to play Plumlee next year, and assuming Ezeli comes back he was expendable. Nurkic has lost a lot of luster but is a controllable asset and getting a low first is a nice return. They seen to always be shuffling the deck to increase the chances of pulling a gem out of a recycled vet or middling draft pick. Not a bad strategy for where they are.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by stlouiswolf View Post
    Olshey is always playing the long game. By giving up his starting center he's essentially going into tank mode. They were going to have to play Plumlee next year, and assuming Ezeli comes back he was expendable. Nurkic has lost a lot of luster but is a controllable asset and getting a low first is a nice return. They seen to always be shuffling the deck to increase the chances of pulling a gem out of a recycled vet or middling draft pick. Not a bad strategy for where they are.
    It's definitely longer-term play, with their inability to pay Plumlee this summer driving the move (the pick could also land at like 20, which is as close to a "mid" 1st as to a "low" one).

    But I think it's a stretch to think that Portland is "tanking" now. That's easily the most talented/proven team competing for the 8-spot, even without Plumlee (who's very solid, but still a role player), and Nurkic gives them an element of toughness inside that they could really use. Plumlee isn't really a rim protector, while Nurkic is a better shot blocker, and maybe more importantly can and will hit people when they come to the rim. That kind of interior presence might help them a lot, given the weakness of their primary guards defending the perimeter. He's also a significantly better rebounder, far more capable of holding down the glass if they go back to playing small a little more with Aminu as their primary PF (Vonleh is terrible, it's not clear why they're starting him rather than just playing Aminu at the 4).

  19. #19
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,950
    Quote Originally Posted by LA_33 View Post
    But I think it's a stretch to think that Portland is "tanking" now. That's easily the most talented/proven team competing for the 8-spot, even without Plumlee (who's very solid, but still a role player), and Nurkic gives them an element of toughness inside that they could really use. Plumlee isn't really a rim protector, while Nurkic is a better shot blocker, and maybe more importantly can and will hit people when they come to the rim. That kind of interior presence might help them a lot, given the weakness of their primary guards defending the perimeter. He's also a significantly better rebounder, far more capable of holding down the glass if they go back to playing small a little more with Aminu as their primary PF (Vonleh is terrible, it's not clear why they're starting him rather than just playing Aminu at the 4).
    Maybe "tanking" is a bit of a stretch. But I would argue that Denver made the trade to increase their odds of making the playoffs, while Portland did not. Olshey would probably rather have a higher draft pick versus a quick 3 and done to the overpowering favorites. Making that kind of a trade with your main competition for a playoff spot is at least a semi-tank.

  20. #20
    No way this can go poorly...

    ----------

    Adrian Wojnarowski@WojVerticalNBA
    Lakers make Magic Johnson President of Basketball Operations, fire GM Mitch Kupchak and Jim Buss, team says.


 

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •