Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: Wolves vs Cavs

Wolves vs Cavs

Good start on both sides of the ball for our Wolves. 15-6 early. KAT with 8 pts. 8 min mark.

4 minutes later were down by 2. It was fun while it lasted.

Gorgui is not a good matchup against Cavs. Need Bjelica or just go small and have Bazz in at PF.
    As cavaliers triumph over warriors and the sun goes down in Golden State, the hungry Wolves remain poised for the night to come.

Lance rolls his ankle is helped off the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick K View Post
    Lance rolls his ankle is helped off the floor.
    Hopefully there are no complications there. He's obviously not in game shape so he's extremely injury prone right now. He is a good player so hopefully he can get back in shape quickly and extend his contract.
    As cavaliers triumph over warriors and the sun goes down in Golden State, the hungry Wolves remain poised for the night to come.

Quote Originally Posted by rackshaq View Post
    Hopefully there are no complications there. He's obviously not in game shape so he's extremely injury prone right now. He is a good player so hopefully he can get back in shape quickly and extend his contract.
    It didn't look horrible. I've seen much worse appearance wise but you never know. Lance was fitting in super well.

Bazz is making me a believer. He's a different player. The coaches have gotten through to him.

Wiggins vs. cavs

Wiggins with 20 in the 3rd to tie it up. Wigs with 37 so far.

That was a fun game to watch, but as always it had a depressing ending. Wiggins at least did his thing against his former team. Speaking of former, Derrick Williams with his revenge game LOL seriously...that hurt seeing him beat our guys.

Quote Originally Posted by SportsManiac View Post
    That was a fun game to watch, but as always it had a depressing ending. Wiggins at least did his thing against his former team. Speaking of former, Derrick Williams with his revenge game LOL seriously...that hurt him beat our guys.
    Yeah, he's the epitome of wasted talent. Anyone who has these sorts of revenge games but cant do anything else ever is just a stiff.

What are they saying about Lance? I didnt see any replays as I was at the game.

Quote Originally Posted by kingsxman View Post
    Yeah, he's the epitome of wasted talent. Anyone who has these sorts of revenge games but cant do anything else ever is just a stiff.

What are they saying about Lance? I didnt see any replays as I was at the game.
    I think it's a mix of wasted talent and just him not being that good. He's the classic good athlete, but lacks skill tweener. FWIW, I defended him so dang much when he was a Wolves- and honestly I'm happy if he's found a home in Cleveland.

As for Lance, I'm not sure yet but it appears to be a high ankle sprain. Sucks cause he's been playing all out. He will have to wait a full year again to get another shot with another team is my guess.

KAT still tries to be a hero way too often. That missed lay-up against LeBron was killer. Pass the ball on a 2-1 break, will ya?

Quote Originally Posted by rackshaq View Post
    Gorgui is not a good matchup against Cavs. Need Bjelica or just go small and have Bazz in at PF.
    Really, really need a legit 3 and D wing and a legit 4 to D up in the perimeter.
    Inching back towards the wagon...slowly...

Quote Originally Posted by SportsManiac View Post
    I think it's a mix of wasted talent and just him not being that good. He's the classic good athlete, but lacks skill tweener. FWIW, I defended him so dang much when he was a Wolves- and honestly I'm happy if he's found a home in Cleveland.

As for Lance, I'm not sure yet but it appears to be a high ankle sprain. Sucks cause he's been playing all out. He will have to wait a full year again to get another shot with another team is my guess.
    Man I hope that's not the case. I thought he filled a nice role for us.

It reminds me of the time we signed Josh Howard. He fit in right away and teased us with really good, veteran production and then bang, it was over almost before it started.

brittrobson @brittrobson
    Thibs spent almost entire timeout patiently explaining something to Towns. Multiple sentences and occasional hand motions. Rubio chiming in
    6:06 PM - 14 Feb 2017

brittrobson @brittrobson
    Towns seemed sobered and dejected by it walking back on to court. Whatever the lesson it wasn't blown off.
    6:07 PM - 14 Feb 2017

Quote Originally Posted by LEvine View Post
    brittrobson @brittrobson
    Thibs spent almost entire timeout patiently explaining something to Towns. Multiple sentences and occasional hand motions. Rubio chiming in
    6:06 PM - 14 Feb 2017

brittrobson @brittrobson
    Towns seemed sobered and dejected by it walking back on to court. Whatever the lesson it wasn't blown off.
    6:07 PM - 14 Feb 2017
    Good.

Can't believe nobody mentioned there not being any Love on Valentine's day. Was a fun game to watch, but frustrating. So close. Anyone have an update on Lance?

Quote Originally Posted by cmoss84 View Post
    Can't believe nobody mentioned there not being any Love on Valentine's day. Was a fun game to watch, but frustrating. So close. Anyone have an update on Lance?
    Darren Wolfson@DWolfsonKSTP
    Better terminology, apologies: Grade 2 sprain for Lance. #Twolves

Lucas @loseehafer
    Grade 2 means that there was some damage to the ligament beyond being overstretched. Typically a multi-week recovery.

Seems foolish to give him the 2nd 10-day while he's hurt. If you do it, you're basically deciding on if you want to sign him for the rest of the year based on 49 minutes of play.

He'd also be using a roster spot that could be used to try out a different player while Lance is recovering.

My guess is they wait on a 2nd 10 day contract until he's healthy enough to play again. I'd also imagine that the ASB is when a lot of trades will be worked out, so its possible we won't have a spot for him when he does get healthy.

Thread Information