Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by stlouiswolf View Post
    It's looking like the Wolves will be at 8-10 at best which is probably out of the running for Isaac. Ntilikina may also be out of reach but would be a great get. Seems like they may be destined to pick just out of the elite prospects, but could get their pick of the PFs like Williams and Bridges or maybe even Markannen. Trading down might be an option but unlike last year there aren't a lot of teams with multiple picks, so the Wolves would need to get a legit rotation player that fits their age range. Seems unlikely.
    We've got a brutal schedule after the all-star break with 16 road games vs. 9 at home. There's no chance that Thibs would ever consider tanking, but with a tough schedule, it's possible we stay right in the 6 range.

Could be an interesting stretch run with so many teams bunched together. There's only a 3 game difference between the 4th slot and 10th slot.

Quote Originally Posted by LEvine View Post
    Speaking of Wiggins and Zach playing together, some interesting on/off court numbers on the season:

Wiggins and LaVine: -3
    Wiggins without LaVine: +5
    LaVine without Wiggins: -4
    Wiggins and Towns without LaVine: +7
    Wiggins and Towns with LaVine: -3
    Towns and LaVine without Wiggins: -6
    Wow - that is not flattering for Zach, and I would hope Thibs and Co. are looking at these simple plus/minus numbers when thinking about lineups and chemistry. Could it be that Zach becomes the James Harden of OKC and is the one that goes? I'd like to think that Thibs will experiment with Zach as 6th man (like OKC did with Harden when they were really young and scary) before making any long term decisions about the Wolves core.

I like Isaac a heck of a lot more than Bridges. Isaac shoots near 82% from the free throw line, Bridges is closer to 62%. Says a lot to me about their potential 3 point %'s.

On another note, those +/- numbers for Zach don't look good and help highlight just how poor he is defensively.

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    Isaac or Bridges long term would give us the bigger SF we need to pair with Wiggins in the starting lineup and a potential small ball 4 when we go with a smaller lineup. I love both of their fits for our team.

Short term though, I agree that Lavine and the roster would be best served with him coming off the bench next year and maybe long term. I don't know if he'll go for that but we would need to sign a veteran SF this summer to protect us from Lavine rust and to build a bridge for an eventual SF if we draft one.

LeVine...Would sure be nice if Lance could be that guy.
    Lance seems more like a 2 with his shortish height, but I guess he has the strength to guard (or at least slow down) strong 3s like LeBron. Once Lance went down in the Cavs game I knew we were done since Lance was the only player on roster who had a remote chance of slowing LeBron.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorched View Post
    I like Isaac a heck of a lot more than Bridges.
    I do too. He's my #2 or #3 guy in the draft for us. And I like him more than Kackson or Tatum as a SF.

But I'd be thrilled to take Bridges if Isaac is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by WunderWolf View Post
    Lance seems more like a 2 with his shortish height, but I guess he has the strength to guard (or at least slow down) strong 3s like LeBron. Once Lance went down in the Cavs game I knew we were done since Lance was the only player on roster who had a remote chance of slowing LeBron.
    Its all about strength. Lance is pretty much the same size as PJ Tucker who is a 3/4. Both guys are Bulls physically with long enough arms that you can't just shoot over them.

I'd snap up Bridges in a second if Isaac is gone. I think he's more SF than PF right now, but he's the "right kind" of tweener.
    I think Bridges is the closest prospect we've seen recently that I would say could be a modern Barkley. Little bigger, little more of a finesse game, but he's a 6'6" guy who can rebound like a 6'9" guy, shoot, pass, ambidextrous handle, and play above the rim. He's a really unique prospect that I think is going to fly just under the radar enough due to his measurements, draft depth all around, and State being down this year. That could change with a tourney run though. I also think he's going to be ready to play in a rotation much sooner than Isaac so I would put him above him but it's close.
    Last edited by Cory; 02-17-2017 at 10:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    I think Bridges is the closest prospect we've seen recently that I would say could be a modern Barkley. Little bigger, little more of a finesse game, but he's a 6'6" guy who can rebound like a 6'9" guy, shoot, pass, ambidextrous handle, and play above the rim. He's a really unique prospect that I think is going to fly just under the radar enough due to his measurements, draft depth all around, and State being down this year. That could change with a tourney run though. I also think he's going to be ready to play in a rotation much sooner than Isaac so I would put him above him but it's close.
    I'd take Isaac or Bridges for sure. Isaac would be higher at this point.

Raised by Wolves podcast they discussed Taj Gibson as a guy that Thibs will go after. If we got him for a shorter deal and added a guy like PJ Tucker that would add some toughness and versatility. Bring back Lance on a cheap deal. Bazz unfortunately goes as he'll be overpaid.

Rubio, Dunn, Jones
    Wiggins, Lavine, Stephenson
    Tucker, Wiggins, Isaac
    Gibson, Tucker, Bjelica
    KAT, Dieng, Aldrich

9 man rotation:

Rubio, Dunn
    Wiggins, Lavine
    Tucker, Wiggins, Stephenson
    Gibson, Dieng, Tucker
    KAT, Dieng

Could swap out Gibson for Amir Johnson or someone similar.

Quote Originally Posted by dschroeder01 View Post
    I'd take Isaac or Bridges for sure. Isaac would be higher at this point.

Raised by Wolves podcast they discussed Taj Gibson as a guy that Thibs will go after. If we got him for a shorter deal and added a guy like PJ Tucker that would add some toughness and versatility. Bring back Lance on a cheap deal. Bazz unfortunately goes as he'll be overpaid.

Rubio, Dunn, Jones
    Wiggins, Lavine, Stephenson
    Tucker, Wiggins, Isaac
    Gibson, Tucker, Bjelica
    KAT, Dieng, Aldrich

9 man rotation:

Rubio, Dunn
    Wiggins, Lavine
    Tucker, Wiggins, Stephenson
    Gibson, Dieng, Tucker
    KAT, Dieng

Could swap out Gibson for Amir Johnson or someone similar.
    Yea I'm a big fan of that 9 man unit especially with a young 3/4 pushing for minutes behind Tucker and Gibson that could steal those minutes in a year or two.

I also like the potential package that a Lavine, Dunn deal could provide in a trade somewhere down the road assuming Dunn shows some improvement.

Good article on Bridges. He's actually been tough to find a good story on based on how many great prospects there are. They don't really talk about his ability to handle the ball. I know he is a capable passer with either hand but I don't know if his handles are great or not. I think his lack of a post game scares me the least, it's one of the more easy things to develop against undersized guards if he gets switches. The free throw shooting is concerning but he has a pretty stroke so I'm optimistic it would improve.

https://theringer.com/miles-bridges-...e16#.fa9ywt24a

Thread Information