Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

2018 football recruiting class off and rowing.(I cant believed I typed that)

PJ Fleck is off to a quick start in the early recruiting for 2018. Over the last week Fleck has received 3 football commits. All 3 star juniors one from Minnesota, Michigan, and Ohio. So far the three recruits are in similar rank as ones signed this past recruiting class but all three had Power 5 conference offers. The QB is from Ohio and has a possibility of being upgraded to a 4* recruit. The OT is from Michigan and could elevate as well if he adds size this spring and summer. The CB is from Minnesota where his dad once played with the Vikings. The Gophers could get 4-10 more early commits in the next two weeks due to junior days and lots of visitors. The Gophers have never had this much push this early in the recruiting process. Hopefully it continues but hopefully we will see highers ranked kids as well.
    It doesn’t matter if you are a king or street sweeper pretty soon you will dance with the reaper!

Its better to be silent and everyone think your an idiot than open your mouth and remove all doubt.

“Statistics are no substitute for judgment”
    Henry Clay

It's Benny Sapp's kid. I remember Benny, though his Viking run wasn't really long.

Yeah, it is a decent start. As for Sapp, it will be interesting having the sons of two former Vikings in the Secondary in Winfield and Sapp. It simply means they have a pedigree and Father's who can give them some pointers.

Hopefully. I guess the feeling now is that Winfield is staying? I woulda lost that bet for sure. I thought there was no way he'd stick around after that giant mess.

The only reason Winfield is still around is that his suspension was overturned. It's great news for the football program he was great as a freshman can't wait to see what he can do in year #2.
    It doesn’t matter if you are a king or street sweeper pretty soon you will dance with the reaper!

Its better to be silent and everyone think your an idiot than open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Henry Clay

Quote Originally Posted by aceswired View Post
    Hopefully. I guess the feeling now is that Winfield is staying? I woulda lost that bet for sure. I thought there was no way he'd stick around after that giant mess.
    From Feb 3rd:

Winfield’s father, Antoine Winfield Sr., said his son will return to the team. He reportedly texted KSTP-TV, “Feels like 1000 lbs has been lifted off him. Time to go back to work. God is good!!”

After last nights commit the Gophers are back in the top 10 in recruiting for 2018. So far 14 commits in what should be a pretty large class. Long way to go but with the early signing period in football maybe it's not as far away as it used to be:

Henry Clay

Thread Information