Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011
    Collins measured in as a true center and he will get bigger simply because of his youth. He isn't a tweener at all.
    It doesn’t matter if you are a king or street sweeper pretty soon you will dance with the reaper!

Its better to be silent and everyone think your an idiot than open your mouth and remove all doubt.

“Statistics are no substitute for judgment”
    Henry Clay

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf on the Prowl View Post
    Collins measured in as a true center and he will get bigger simply because of his youth. He isn't a tweener at all.
    6'9", 230 lb, 6'11" wing span, true center???

Quote Originally Posted by Nick K View Post
    6'9", 230 lb, 6'11" wing span, true center???
    I think you've got the measurements for John Collins, a PF out of Wake Forest who is a teens/twenties pick. Zach Collins is a C/PF out of Gonzaga who measured 7' in shoes with a standing reach of 9'3"

Quote Originally Posted by Nick K View Post
    Good point. I see what you're saying. He still seems more of a tweener pf/c to me. He seems to have the athleticism to defend outside, but isn't there yet. If he can defend outside he could still be a good fit next to KAT I think.

Check out this cbs article from February on Collins, it's pretty good. They compare him to Duncan a little.

http://www.cbssports.com/college-bas...talking-about/
    That's a story about JOHN Collins, not ZACH Collins...

Quote Originally Posted by dschroeder01 View Post
    I think you've got the measurements for John Collins, a PF out of Wake Forest who is a teens/twenties pick. Zach Collins is a C/PF out of Gonzaga who measured 7' in shoes with a standing reach of 9'3"
    Sorry about that! My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by LEvine View Post
    You're rarely going to get a star in the draft - let alone with the #7. I'd be thrilled with a long term role player that compliments the guys we have.
    How else do you get them?

2015: Booker at 13
    2014: Jokic at 41
    2013: Greek freak at 15, Gobert 27,
    2012: lillard at 6, Drummond at 9, Draymond Green at 35
    2011: Kemba Walker at 9, Klay Thompson at 11, Kahwi Leondard at 15, Jimmy Butler at 30, Isaiah Thomas at 60

I'll stop now. But in general...many good players come after the supposed "best" are taken.

Quote Originally Posted by kingsxman View Post

2011: Kemba Walker at 9, Klay Thompson at 11, Kahwi Leondard at 15, Jimmy Butler at 30, Isaiah Thomas at 60

I'll stop now. But in general...many good players come after the supposed "best" are taken.
    Great point kingsxman. This draft, projected strong, will probably be just as hit or miss as most. I would really chuckle if Lonzo Ball is picked by the Lakers and is only so-so. Not likely but you never know. In this draft I'd be nervous taking Tatum, Smith, Markkanen, Adebayo, or J. Allen in the lottery.

Quote Originally Posted by kingsxman View Post

You just made my point. You RARELY get a star in the draft period. Less likely the later you draft.

I never said you can't get stars. Obviously you can. And you hope you can. But to expect it, your likely to end up disappointed.

This is a nice draft and I'm not convinced anyone outside of Fultz is a likely star. Getting a starting quality role player with the #7 pick is great.

Thread Information