Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by LEvine View Post
    Murray would be a decent get. He's an OK runner, but a pretty good receiver and very good blocker. Plus it would assure that we move on from AD.

I don't see the appeal of Cook. Going back to college, he's always looked the part, but has never been actually...good.
    I don't know much about the guy but he seems to do all the things we need a back to do especially so if he holds on to the ball.

BTW, how fitting is it that AP's last carry resulted in a fumble?

I have no clue on Jared Cook except that the Packers offered him 6 mil per. We don't need to add a 6 mil per tight end. We need another 6 mil OL.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick K View Post

I have no clue on Jared Cook except that the Packers offered him 6 mil per. We don't need to add a 6 mil per tight end. We need another 6 mil OL.
    I'd love a TE that is worth 6M/year. One of those big, fast guys that can force a defense to adjust to him. Someone that can dominate the middle of the field, be a mismatch against LBers and do some damage down the seam. We haven't had that guy in a long time.

Cook is not that guy.

Andrew Krammer‏ @Andrew_Krammer 2m2 minutes ago
    Had heard WR Adam Thielen was nearing agreement on three-year deal. Heard $11M in guarantees for the #Vikings WR

I think this is good news:

Anthony Galaviz‏ @agalaviz_TheBee 1h1 hour ago
    FA TE Jared Cook leaves Minnesota without a deal, per source. En route to Oakland to meet with the #Raiders later today.

Worth reposting this outstanding NY Times piece on Newman:

Mind Over Body:
    Playing in the N.F.L. at 38 Vikings cornerback Terence Newman is a step slower, so he tries to outsmart opponents to stay on top of his game.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/30/s...back.html?_r=0

Cook shouldn't get more then $3M otherwise that is overpaying but he would be worth every penny at 3M....Diggs...Theilen...Rudolph...Cook with Murray in the backfield.

Thielen looks to get $4-4.5M a little more then I thought.

Don't think we are signing another CB as Newman signed for $3.5M I'm reading....like the signing but that is about $1M to much.

We do have room for about a $3M for either a G/CB/S/WR etc

As I feel $10M is spilt between Rhodes extension and Murray.

"I get in em when I sin em, the Alkaholik venom, I'll fold your clothes with your body still in em; the rhymes i got hit like Ronnie Lott, the only way you take my spot is with a shot - BLAM"

"I can't hold it in my friends the Liks get the most clout, we be scoring points like Michael Irvin on a post route - and just like Troy boy I'll make your bones Ache-Man, just how much punishment can a rapper take man"

-Tha Alkaholiks

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin View Post
    Cook shouldn't get more then $3M otherwise that is overpaying but he would be worth every penny at 3M....Diggs...Theilen...Rudolph...Cook with Murray in the backfield.
    Swap out one of the TEs for a WR (or sign a good TE instead of Cook) and a better RB and I'm with you...

"I get in em when I sin em, the Alkaholik venom, I'll fold your clothes with your body still in em; the rhymes i got hit like Ronnie Lott, the only way you take my spot is with a shot - BLAM"

"I can't hold it in my friends the Liks get the most clout, we be scoring points like Michael Irvin on a post route - and just like Troy boy I'll make your bones Ache-Man, just how much punishment can a rapper take man"

-Tha Alkaholiks

From the Star Tribune:

"Adam Thielen has agreed to terms on a three-year extension that will keep the Vikings receiver in his home state for seasons to come,a league source told the Star Tribune.

Thielenreceives $11 million guaranteed on his new contract, the source said, and will be signed through the 2020 season. The deal has a base value of $17 million and he can earn up to $27 million with incentives.

TheVikings had placed a second-round tender on Thielen, a restricted free agent,with the goal of continuing talks on a long-term deal.

Thielen, 26, has become one of the NFL’s best undrafted-to-starter stories since he graduated from Minnesota State-Mankato after growing up in Detroit Lakes, Minn.

Heenjoyed a breakout season last fall in which he nearly became the franchise’s first 1,000-yard receiver in seven years. Thielen, one of the NFL’s most effective deep threats last season, caught 69 passes for 967 yards and five touchdowns as the Vikings’ leading receiver while making $600,000."

The Minnesota Vikings have signed former Oakland Raiders running back Latavius Murray, according to Chris Tomasson of the Pioneer Press. Field Yates reports the deal as being three years, with an option to void after one year—which we’ve found out to mean a team option, not a player option.

UPDATE: Ben Goessling of ESPN reports that the deal is worth $15 million over three years, has $8.5 million guaranteed and a salary guarantee of $5.15 million in the final year that kicks in if he’s on the roster on the third day of 2018. Essentially, the Vikings are in control of the contract.

His deal also includes a modest $1.8 million signing bonus (which means the dead penalty against the cap in year three is minimal) and $2.3 million in performance incentives. Despite the average value of the contract hitting $5 million, his first-year cap hit will be relatively small—essentially $3 million, meaning it should rise a small amount in 2019.

Latavius Murray will not be requesting jersey number 28, which he wore in Oakland in honor of Fred Taylor and Adrian Peterson. He details why in an instagram post he tweeted out shortly after he was officially signed this morning. For a brief time in Oakland, he wore number 34.

Classy. Hell of a 1st impression:

There wasn't a thought in my mind to try and wear or ask for the #28. I have too much respect for AP and so much respect for what he's done and what he means to this organization. Many people don't know, but I wore the #28 as a kid because of Fred Taylor who played for the Jaguars at the time. When AP came onto the scene and Fred retired, he was my reason for keeping #28. I want to say to Vikings fans: I'm not here to replace #28, he's irreplaceable. I'm not here to be #28, there's no one like him. I ask that you accept me for the player I am and know that I'm here to give you all I got and to win #skol

Only one sites opinion but scout has us taking 2 of the top 50 & 4 of the top 100.

Also says everyone but Remmers is a 4 star FA.

Thielen looked to be 105 if it kept going, which I think is low.

#30. Reiff
    #31. Murray
    #61. Jones
    #81. Newman

Take it for what it is worth.

I will say I would like to get an OL with the 2nd round pick but I no longer feel we have to do so.

-Tha Alkaholiks

Like the moves so far. They're being smart.

Here's what I'd like to see yet:
    Add a tight end (replace Ellison)
    Add a defensive tackle (insurance for Floyd)
    Add a guard (I like Lamp in the draft)
    Add an outside backer (to replace Greenway)
    Punter (obviously) & kicker?
    Safety (to push Sandejo for a spot)
    Add a WR (depth/CP loss + insurance for Treadwell)

I really think they still need to add a quality starting guard to the line. That's my primary remaining concern.

Agreed.

TE Has to be the draft unless someone is cut....don't like the available FA

I think with Floyd/Stephan/Johnson/Jones/ Robison they will man the other DT depth....also could be draft or FA

Evans or Mangold (Berger to G) or look draft

The only FA available are not signing for money we would offer....that LB would play 40% of the plays or less....thinking draft

P...Have to hope someone is cut no FA I like available

McDonald or McDougald and I would lose my mind....this would allow Harry the hit man to be even better

Boldin or Cruz...maybe a Stevie Johnson with hopes that Treadwell takes his playing time slowly but surely

My grade is B so far and a solid signing like Boldin, Evans or McDougald and I'm at a A-/B+

-Tha Alkaholiks

McDougald signs with SEA for $2M.....why do we ignore our S position?

-Tha Alkaholiks

Thread Information