Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Fill several holes with one player.

I would like to know what Vikings fans would think to drafting Jabril Peppers? He could go anywhere from the middle of round 1 to middle of round 2. I think he would be a great addition to the Vikings who need a return man which Peppers can do. They need depth at safety and OLB and though I think Peppers is a Safety long term he could play linebacker in Nickel defense. What a weapon he could be in the nickel because he could play all over the field. Yes we need a G and we need a RB but Peppers could be a real game changer on special teams and on defense.
    It doesn’t matter if you are a king or street sweeper pretty soon you will dance with the reaper!

Its better to be silent and everyone think your an idiot than open your mouth and remove all doubt.

“Statistics are no substitute for judgment”
    Henry Clay

I would love Peppers and would be willing to trade the necessary picks it would take to move up to get him....if he fell to us....I would lose my mind.

"I get in em when I sin em, the Alkaholik venom, I'll fold your clothes with your body still in em; the rhymes i got hit like Ronnie Lott, the only way you take my spot is with a shot - BLAM"

"I can't hold it in my friends the Liks get the most clout, we be scoring points like Michael Irvin on a post route - and just like Troy boy I'll make your bones Ache-Man, just how much punishment can a rapper take man"

-Tha Alkaholiks

Mike Lombardi was on a Ringer podcast I listened to last night and Peppers was talked about quite a bit. Almost all of it was negative. I believe his actual defensive numbers were 1 interception and 10 pass breakups over 3 years of play at Michigan. This wasn't because defenses didn't throw to him, it was mainly in part because he didn't make good reads and Michigan was forced to play him closer to the line of scrimmage. They also commented that his tape is pretty dreadful on avoiding blocks and getting off of blocks for someone viewed as a potential hybrid LB/S that needs to be able to shed his man. For a guy who played closer to the line that didn't make plays in the pass game, he only had 46 tackles. He's a good return man, but that's his only NFL skill at this point. I think it's more than likely that the surrounding stars on Michigan's defense are better players even though Peppers had the bigger name.

That explains why he is dropping in some eyes.
    It doesn’t matter if you are a king or street sweeper pretty soon you will dance with the reaper!

Its better to be silent and everyone think your an idiot than open your mouth and remove all doubt.

“Statistics are no substitute for judgment”
    Henry Clay

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    Mike Lombardi was on a Ringer podcast I listened to last night and Peppers was talked about quite a bit. Almost all of it was negative. I believe his actual defensive numbers were 1 interception and 10 pass breakups over 3 years of play at Michigan. This wasn't because defenses didn't throw to him, it was mainly in part because he didn't make good reads and Michigan was forced to play him closer to the line of scrimmage. They also commented that his tape is pretty dreadful on avoiding blocks and getting off of blocks for someone viewed as a potential hybrid LB/S that needs to be able to shed his man. For a guy who played closer to the line that didn't make plays in the pass game, he only had 46 tackles. He's a good return man, but that's his only NFL skill at this point. I think it's more than likely that the surrounding stars on Michigan's defense are better players even though Peppers had the bigger name.
    I've also read a negative article on him. The author said he thought Peppers could be a Deone Buccannon type player, but after more careful review of Pepper's game film, thought otherwise. Peppers isn't a a good enough tackler and doesn't have the same strength and/or mindset. Plus, Peppers claims he's a Safety (not sure if this is because LB's don't get paid unless they get Sacks), but the Vikings need a deep centerfield type S to pair with Smith. But, if any coach can coach him up, it's Zimmer.

Budda Baker from Washington gets all over the field. I also like the CB from Washington, Sidney Jones, who got injured. Was possibly the first CB of the board before the Achilles injury. There's a few other CB's or DL that could fall due to the depth of the positions. If the Vikings don't trade up, I think the few good OL will be gone. If not, getting a quality OL would be a coup, just don't reach for one.

Thread Information