Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: Playoff Flop

Playoff Flop

Well, after a strong season they are going out quickly against St. Louis.
    This is what happens when you do not finish a season strong.

The announcing crew made a great comment the other night. 6 Wild players set career highs in points this season. How does a team play even better when it comes to the playoffs when they have already played as well as they ever have during the regular season? It's very difficult to do. We also hired a coach who is known for winning in the regular season just to lose in the playoffs.
    It doesn’t matter if you are a king or street sweeper pretty soon you will dance with the reaper!

Its better to be silent and everyone think your an idiot than open your mouth and remove all doubt.

“Statistics are no substitute for judgment”
    Henry Clay

I hate to say it, but I sort of felt this coming. I was super pessimistic entering the playoffs, and I guess there's not much reason to change that.

Yeah and this is turning out really bad. They are not even in the game. They have lost 3 games. What the heck, did the team just shut down a month ago?

The issue is not defense or goal tending, it is scoring.

St. Louis is committed to just clogging up the middle and waiting for mistakes. Dubs has allowed a couple of soft goals too.

Wild have been outcoached, without a doubt. Yeo has to be enjoying this. He's humiliating the Wild with a much less talented roster.

Are we more talented? I am no hockey brain surgeon but all I hear is how the Wild have a bunch of good players with no real stars. The Blues probably have the best offensive player in this series in Tarasenko.
    It doesn’t matter if you are a king or street sweeper pretty soon you will dance with the reaper!

Its better to be silent and everyone think your an idiot than open your mouth and remove all doubt.

“Statistics are no substitute for judgment”
    Henry Clay

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf on the Prowl View Post
    Are we more talented? I am no hockey brain surgeon but all I hear is how the Wild have a bunch of good players with no real stars. The Blues probably have the best offensive player in this series in Tarasenko.
    Yes. Jake Allen is the reason. He's been outstanding the last 2 months. Similar to what Dubnyk did when he was brought in.
    Publicity, fame and accolades can make a theory popular. They can't make it true.

Thread Information