Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    That white bar is really distracting it just draws your eye to it. It would be great to know why they included it or why it's there I. The first place. It's the one thing on the jersey that isn't clean.
    It doesn’t matter if you are a king or street sweeper pretty soon you will dance with the reaper!

Its better to be silent and everyone think your an idiot than open your mouth and remove all doubt.

“Statistics are no substitute for judgment”
    Henry Clay

Quote Originally Posted by LEvine View Post
    Official images of the first (main) two uniforms:

http://www.nba.com/timberwolves/NewThreads#jerseyPhotos
    I think they would look better if they were solid white or dark blue and the "off" blue was trim around the sleeves and collar instead.
    Inching back towards the wagon...slowly...

I can live with them, don't get the bar above the name though...nice besides that...winning will make it irrelevant none the less...just hope the other two are the expansion and KG era tree versions.

I'm for once am pleasantly surprised. I like em. I like them even more the more I look at them. I love the deep blue and white. They look vivid sharp and clean. The names and numbers will be easily seen even from the top rows. I like the font style too.

I'm not crazy about the solid bar above the name. That's about my only criticism.

I in particular love the shorts. I love the logo on the bottom area by the knee and the solid border below it. The belt area too looks sharp.

Maybe if they made the bar above the name half as thick??

I feel like I dodged a bullet in that we didn't go with those ugly greenish-yellow things, so all things considered, these uni's are my all time favorites.

The best part is that the uniforms are made of 100% recycled fabric with each uniform representing 18 recycled bottles.

Quote Originally Posted by dschroeder01 View Post
    The best part is that the uniforms are made of 100% recycled fabric with each uniform representing 18 recycled bottles.
    So, you're saying they're trash? *rimshot*
    Inching back towards the wagon...slowly...

Nick remember your lime green jerseys might be coming yet we probably get 3 more now that we play on Christmas.
    It doesn’t matter if you are a king or street sweeper pretty soon you will dance with the reaper!

Its better to be silent and everyone think your an idiot than open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Henry Clay

I am not a fan, but they could be worse. I don't like the crap around the collar in the front. It looks cheap. I can't place my finger on what it reminds me of, but whatever that is, I didn't like it the first time I saw it, either. For me, it is more aesthetically pleasing for details to be vertical on a uniform vs. horizontal. That is actually one of the reason that I prefer sleeved jerseys (I know I am in the minority for basketball). It allows them to move this advertisement crap to the shoulder and keep the main part of the jersey consistent and (I know it was used earlier to describe these jerseys, but I don't like the use) "clean". Also have to say I dislike the font they chose. Granted, I like that it is readable and it isn't cartoony or anything like that. But, it's definitely not my favorite.

They aren't bad enough to actually irritate me or anything like that. But, I was really excited to have some cool new jerseys and these were very underwhelming. I would love to get a few nice basketball jerseys (used to only really wear the Vikings jerseys when they were Reebok and had good breathable fabric and came in sizes that fit big people like myself), but I can't see me wanting to wear something like these. At least we still got Jimmy Butler. 8)

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf on the Prowl View Post
    Nick remember your lime green jerseys might be coming yet we probably get 3 more now that we play on Christmas.
    I was just thinking that. There will be 4 different uni's in total with only two revealed so far. Could the 3rd green be...?

Wolves alternate 3.jpg

Those don't look too bad to me if they went that way. BTW, I don't mind that shade of green.

We will have for sure two more uniforms as everyone is getting 4 my guess is we will see a gray or green jersey because one of the alternates will need to be a lighter color. The second will likely be black to give a darker alternate look.

I am guessing the Wolves will get a Christmas jersey sense they play the Lakers.

Henry Clay

On a somewhat related topic, the Lynx's new logo is a feline version of the Iowa Wolves logo. Yawn. I actually like the logo, as it addresses some of the weaknesses of the Wolves new logo (e.g. more color difference between outer circle and b'ball, multi-color and more dynamic design of lynx), but the three logos are just too similar - font, roundel, green eyes and nose, green north star, blue basketball. Apart from all that, they already had the best logo in the WNBA and among the best 50 or so logos in all of American sports. I wonder why pro b'ball teams, in particular, feel the need to change their logos so often. In other sports, like football, teams tend to keep their logos if they are good.

On the Twolves jerseys, the stripe on the bottom of the shorts looks odd. It's too wide. It looks sort of okay on the dark shorts (because the stripe is a lighter shade of blue), but the white shorts look strange with the wide navy strip on the bottom. As someone said on Canis, it looks like they are Nautica beach shorts.
    Last edited by jbowyer; 08-12-2017 at 03:52 AM.

The other 2 unis should be the expansion home, and the black KG era versions.

Is it bad that I am starting to miss the Black Sleeved jerseys over these?

Quote Originally Posted by Ellimist View Post
    I love the sleeved black unis aside from the pattern on the side.

The black sleeves jerseys were awesome except for the black and white stripes, the black, and the sleeves. Other than that they were awesome.

Henry Clay

Quote Originally Posted by Ellimist View Post
    I was excited when they added sleeved jerseys. I don't wear basketball jerseys because they have no sleeves. That would have been nice to have the option of. I hope they at least make sleeved retail versions.

Thread Information