Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    I think this is our biggest chip and hopefully he sees it that way as well. The market does not look better next summer and I'd hesitate to commit big money to him but next summer, a 2 year $10 million extension with a player option may look good considering how this summer has played out. That's probably all I give him though.
    I'd think that Bazz would want some kind of assurance that the team is interested in longer term situation. But I'd hate to give him an implicit guarantee that would be the case. That said your point is well taken and that may well be the factor that leads him to sign here. I suppose Thibs must think more of him than I'd guess if they are trying to bring him back.

Quote Originally Posted by stlouiswolf View Post
    I'd think that Bazz would want some kind of assurance that the team is interested in longer term situation. But I'd hate to give him an implicit guarantee that would be the case. That said your point is well taken and that may well be the factor that leads him to sign here. I suppose Thibs must think more of him than I'd guess if they are trying to bring him back.
    A 1 year deal for the minimum is the only thing that works (and makes sense) for both sides.

Even though we'd regain his Bird Rights after rsigning him, we can't do anything with them until next offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by stlouiswolf View Post
    I'm sure he would but he has zero leverage at this point and there's very little reason to go anywhere near an assurance of a long term deal. I'm sure the team would be interested in retaining him if he fit what they need out of a backup wing this year though. If Thibs has a conversation where they give him the specifics of what they want to see from him, defensive focus and effort and consistent 3pt shooting I would imagine, they just have to sell him on if he does those things, they'll be interested in a longer deal next summer and they can talk then. He's going to be choosing between minimum offers across the board at this point and few rosters have as big of a need for a true backup wing as we do.

Thread Information