Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Peterson is now a Cardinal

The Saints have ended their time with Peterson and sent him to the Cardinals for a late-round draft pick. After the first game, it did not seem like he was going to make it to Week 2, much less through Week 4.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...n-to-cardinals

Peterson is done in the NFL IMHO. He does not have the same ability he did when he was younger.
    I'd still say New Orleans approach was a bit confusing, why take Peterson when you already had a good RB in Ingram? Why did Peterson even sign there, did he really think he was going to be a feature RB and not a few carries a game type?

Yeah Peterson to NO never really made sense to me. They're a passing offense, not a power running offense. They need RBs who can catch the ball and pass protect, and Peterson is subpar at both.

Arizona makes a little more sense. But what is their fascination with the top fantasy running backs of 2010?

Quote Originally Posted by aceswired View Post
    Yeah Peterson to NO never really made sense to me. They're a passing offense, not a power running offense. They need RBs who can catch the ball and pass protect, and Peterson is subpar at both.

Arizona makes a little more sense. But what is their fascination with the top fantasy running backs of 2010?
    I think Peterson thought "all I have to do is show them how much they needed me, then I will get the ball" with NO. I don't think he actually thought that they would continue to spread the ball around when they had him on the roster. I think they are a better team without him.

AZ has a history of grabbing big name RBs that have been on the decline. Remember the Emmitt Smith experiment a few years back? It seems every decent back AZ drafts gets injured, so they have to try and get talent elsewhere. But, only the old players who don't have much left in the tank are willing to sign there.

Thread Information