Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: Predictions!

Predictions!

MVP-Kevin Durant
    ROY-Ben Simmons
    DPOY-Rudy Gobert

Do the wolves make the playoffs? Yes but as a 5-8 seed.

Teams that surprises in a positive way? Nuggets, Blazers, Wolves
    Teams that surprise in a negative way? Spurs, Thunder

Champions? Warriors
    Worst team in the league? Kings
    It doesn’t matter if you are a king or street sweeper pretty soon you will dance with the reaper!

Its better to be silent and everyone think your an idiot than open your mouth and remove all doubt.

“Statistics are no substitute for judgment”
    Henry Clay

MVP-LBJ
    ROY-Ben Simmons
    DPOY-Leonard

Do the wolves make the playoffs? Yes

Teams that surprises in a positive way? Cavs, 76ers
    Teams that surprise in a negative way? Wolves in playoffs

Champions? Warriors
    Worst team in the league? Bulls
    The sun shines again in Golden State as the hungry Wolves remain poised for the night to come

How do the Wolves disappoint if they are in the playoffs?
    It doesn’t matter if you are a king or street sweeper pretty soon you will dance with the reaper!

Its better to be silent and everyone think your an idiot than open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Henry Clay

MVP-Steph
    ROY-Kyle Kuzma
    DPOY-Rudy Gobert

Do the wolves make the playoffs? Yes finally as a 4 or 5 seed.

Teams that surprises in a positive way? Nuggets, Chicago, Minny
    Teams that surprise in a negative way? Hawks, Pistons

Champions? Cleveland
    Worst team in the league? Hawks

Will win vs Should win

MVP-Kevin Durant-Steph Curry
    ROY-Lonzo Ball - John Collins
    DPOY-Kawhi Leonard-Rudy Gobert

Wolves make the playoffs seeded 3-6.

Teams that surprise- positive, MN, Denver, Milwaukee, Philly

Teams that disappoint,- Dallas, Utah, LA Clips, Atlanta, Indiana (Dare I say SA? How much longer can they keep it up?)

Champions- GS Warriors
    Worst team-Orlando or Atlanta

This 3 game pre season schedule for the Wolves sucks. At least they will get plenty of time to drill and cement concepts.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf on the Prowl View Post
    How do the Wolves disappoint if they are in the playoffs?
    Because we'll realize our roster is not built to go far in the playoffs. I don't believe in these slow progressions anymore. I think when you have the key pieces for a championship team together, you should be going deep into the playoffs in year one, or you should get the sense that you have something special that will provide league-wide advantages. I dont think we are that special. We will have to out-work teams to win games. We won't go deep this year and I think our main issue will be playing Andrew Wiggins big minutes when he doesn't contribute enough to winning basketball. I only think there is a 50% chance Wiggins becomes a top 20 player at his position in key advanced stats this year. If he doesn't by January or February, I don't see us winning with Wiggins and the current roster. I'm not going to wait any longer on Wiggins. Sure, we gave him the contract, but it probably will remain tradeable, even if it becomes a Rubio situation where you don't get much in return.

I just don't get the feeling we have a roster that can truly contend for a championship and I think some changes will be required to create that team. So I will be disappointed if what I'm saying here plays out because it seems clear to me things could have been done differently to move towards a more balanced roster, which I think requires at least one player shooting over 6 threes a game and making close to 40%.
    The sun shines again in Golden State as the hungry Wolves remain poised for the night to come

Quote Originally Posted by rackshaq View Post
    Because we'll realize our roster is not built to go far in the playoffs. I don't believe in these slow progressions anymore. I think when you have the key pieces for a championship team together, you should be going deep into the playoffs in year one, or you should get the sense that you have something special that will provide league-wide advantages. I dont think we are that special. We will have to out-work teams to win games. We won't go deep this year and I think our main issue will be playing Andrew Wiggins big minutes when he doesn't contribute enough to winning basketball. I only think there is a 50% chance Wiggins becomes a top 20 player at his position in key advanced stats this year. If he doesn't by January or February, I don't see us winning with Wiggins and the current roster. I'm not going to wait any longer on Wiggins. Sure, we gave him the contract, but it probably will remain tradeable, even if it becomes a Rubio situation where you don't get much in return.

I just don't get the feeling we have a roster that can truly contend for a championship and I think some changes will be required to create that team. So I will be disappointed if what I'm saying here plays out because it seems clear to me things could have been done differently to move towards a more balanced roster, which I think requires at least one player shooting over 6 threes a game and making close to 40%.
    Interesting POV. You might be right about our 2nd unit.

Firstly, Gorgui makes our 2nd unit stronger. I like him there. A lot of the effectiveness depends if Bjelly and Bazz can improve their games and start making more 3's. Thibs has been playing at least one starter with the 2nd unit too which is a good idea. It will be interestring to see how it all works out. I like our bench a little better than you do mainly due to our maturity. Even Tyus is starting his 3rd year.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick K View Post
    Interesting POV. You might be right about our 2nd unit.

Firstly, Gorgui makes our 2nd unit stronger. I like him there. A lot of the effectiveness depends if Bjelly and Bazz can improve their games and start making more 3's. Thibs has been playing at least one starter with the 2nd unit too which is a good idea. It will be interestring to see how it all works out. I like our bench a little better than you do mainly due to our maturity. Even Tyus is starting his 3rd year.
    I think there will be a lot to learn about our second unit. I'm good with Gorgui and Crawford for big minutes off the bench. Others will need to step it up in order to give the starters more rest. I'm actually not as concerned with three point shooting from our bench. I think we have more potential for improvement there compared to our starters.

Maybe Towns provides the bulk of our 3 point shots, but I think we need to swap out one starter for a much better three point shooter long term. I think the person we swap will either be Teague or Wiggins. I hope we decide to make a trade quickly as opposed to "Waiting for Godot" with Wiggins.

Listening to the Canis interview with Wiggins, I come away even more concerned. Truth be told, it's scary listening to that interview. He needs to work with Shabazz Mohammed on interviewing skills, but more importantly, he needs to step it up. Not looking at any stats or box score numbers is unacceptable. It is clearly evident, given the vacuous nature of his numbers (outside of points).

This is why I said it is a 50/50 chance with Wiggins. He is so far off from where he needs to be mentally. I'm actually dropping down my prediction on Wiggins working out to 30%. That too, only 30% because Thibs is coach. I am a little perplexed that Thibs, an objective-measures guy, hasn't attempted to instill any of that dna in the guys yet, or if he has, why Wigs seems to be clueless about just about anything stats related. That's unacceptable.

I sure hope crawford doesn't play big minutes this year. He looks awful this year. Pretty sure age is catching up with him. I've actually been laughing when he tries to dribble around all over the place. A bunch of moves that really aren't warranting to any separation except one time thus far in pre season. He will be the weak link of this team imo.

Quote Originally Posted by rackshaq View Post
    Listening to the Canis interview with Wiggins, I come away even more concerned. Truth be told, it's scary listening to that interview. He needs to work with Shabazz Mohammed on interviewing skills, but more importantly, he needs to step it up. Not looking at any stats or box score numbers is unacceptable. It is clearly evident, given the vacuous nature of his numbers (outside of points).

This is why I said it is a 50/50 chance with Wiggins. He is so far off from where he needs to be mentally. I'm actually dropping down my prediction on Wiggins working out to 30%. That too, only 30% because Thibs is coach. I am a little perplexed that Thibs, an objective-measures guy, hasn't attempted to instill any of that dna in the guys yet, or if he has, why Wigs seems to be clueless about just about anything stats related. That's unacceptable.
    I have a hard time listening to Wiggins for any more than a few minutes at a time. His thinking process seems so slow. He comes across a little bit like he has a non basketball room temperature IQ. Comes across like lets smoke plenty of weed and play video games until 6am. Far out man.

Fortunately they're not paying him to talk. On a positive note, it seems like he is starting to fill out a bit especially in his shoulders.

I am sorry if Wiggins would say he looks at every box score some of you would be calling him a stat chaser.

Henry Clay

MVP-Russell Westbrook
    ROY-Donovan Mitchell
    DPOY-Leonard

Do the wolves make the playoffs? Yes (bottom 4 seeds)

Teams that surprises in a positive way? Hornets, Jazz
    Teams that surprise in a negative way? Raptors, Celtics, Wolves

Champions? Warriors
    Worst team in the league? Pacers

MVP-Kawhi
    ROY- Ben Simmons
    DPOY- Draymond

Do the wolves make the playoffs? Yes (5th or 6th in West)

Teams that surprises in a positive way? Hornets, Jazz, Kings
    Teams that surprise in a negative way? Pelicans, Raptors

Champions? Warriors
    Worst team in the league? Bulls

I'll add one more

First coach fired - Hoiberg
    Inching back towards the wagon...slowly...

I think this team is fighting for the 8th seed again. Maybe they can land #7 if everything goes their way. Then a quick first-round exit. It also wouldn't surprise me if they didn't make the playoffs at all.

Thread Information