Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Over/Under

Over/Under

Vegas has the Wolves at 48.5 wins i was curious if you are taking the over or the under this season.

I have them over if everyone stays healthy because I believe there should be far fewer 4th quarter collapses this year.

Over!!

Under.

46 sounds about right to me.

Over.

Tom has everything he needs to win at least 50 games his way.

under.

I don't see us as a 50 win team in the West.
    Ribs n Whisky make my mind feel tight.

Under.

West ridiculously good, so very few games will be gimmies. I don't think our guard rotation is good enough break 50 wins.

The west is difficult and hard to predict, I'll say under and fighting till the end for 6 to 8 seed.

Over slightly. I think 49-50 wins for this team even in the West. Adding the veterans is huge for this team but we they added guys who fill specific needs. I am not nearly as worried about the three point shooting as others are because shooters will have to defend us and our wings should be able to beat up everyone else’s. I think rebounding will be improved a great deal and we are just better at most positions even with an iffy bench. I like how our puzzle pieces fit together far more than other teams who have lots of experimenting to do.
    It doesn’t matter if you are a king or street sweeper pretty soon you will dance with the reaper!

Its better to be silent and everyone think your an idiot than open your mouth and remove all doubt.

“Statistics are no substitute for judgment”
    Henry Clay

under, but it seems about right. I would say 45-37

When I first saw it, I was very much in the under category, but after looking at the standings from last year, I think I may think over now. The Bulls were 41-41 in the East. If you add Towns to that team, does it improve to 49-33? I suspect in the East they would have been competing for home court advantage with 50+ wins. If you look at the West last season, OKC had 47 wins. I ask myself, do we have 2 wins more talent than last years' OKC? I believe so.

At the end of the day, I think the Vegas Over-Under for the Wolves is spot on. It's supposed to be a really hard question, and I think you can make a convincing argument for slightly above and slightly below. We will probably end up 48-33-1. 8)

I'm taking the over. Not sure I buy that the West will be tougher this year. It is pretty top heavy with a big drop off after top 4 teams to the next tier. Wolves don't necessarily have to be elite to reach 50.

Quote Originally Posted by stlouiswolf View Post
    I'm taking the over. Not sure I buy that the West will be tougher this year. It is pretty top heavy with a big drop off after top 4 teams to the next tier. Wolves don't necessarily have to be elite to reach 50.
    +1

How much longer can SA keep winning with their aging talent?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick K View Post
    +1

How much longer can SA keep winning with their aging talent?
    As long as Pop is their coach....

I'm going to take the under. Because....Timberwolves. Pluse, we've been reasonably healthy the last couple of years. Law of averages and Timberwolves says that has to change. We cant have good things. I think we've been healthy because we've been a very young team. We're older now and we still will put on the most miles of most any team in the NBA. That means less sleep...which leads to injuries. Hoepfully it wont come to pass but I'm just a bit nervous about this this year.

Quote Originally Posted by kingsxman View Post

I'm going to take the under. Because....Timberwolves. Pluse, we've been reasonably healthy the last couple of years. Law of averages and Timberwolves says that has to change. We cant have good things. I think we've been healthy because we've been a very young team. We're older now and we still will put on the most miles of most any team in the NBA. That means less sleep...which leads to injuries. Hoepfully it wont come to pass but I'm just a bit nervous about this this year.
    Great answer. I wish i liked Popp more. He's kind of a dick, but you have to respect the hell out of him basketball wise.

Kingsxman...be brave! Go out on a limb! This is our year. No more rebuilding and don't even be thinking about those thoughts of injury! Stop that right now. Thoughts are things...they're powerful. Don't go there.

Get on board now Kingsxman. You won't regret it and you'll garner some braggin rights too.

BTW, I like your moniker Kingsxman. Guitar player no doubt. I'm a classical pianist and a rock blues guitar player. It's a big part of my life. Keep on rockin.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf on the Prowl View Post
    Over slightly. I think 49-50 wins for this team even in the West. Adding the veterans is huge for this team but we they added guys who fill specific needs. I am not nearly as worried about the three point shooting as others are because shooters will have to defend us and our wings should be able to beat up everyone else’s. I think rebounding will be improved a great deal and we are just better at most positions even with an iffy bench. I like how our puzzle pieces fit together far more than other teams who have lots of experimenting to do.

I agree on your assessment the majority of the games the Wolves play this year they will be hard for the other team to match up against and they should feast on the East.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick K View Post
    Great answer. I wish i liked Popp more. He's kind of a dick, but you have to respect the hell out of him basketball wise.

Kingsxman...be brave! Go out on a limb! This is our year. No more rebuilding and don't even be thinking about those thoughts of injury! Stop that right now. Thoughts are things...they're powerful. Don't go there.

Get on board now Kingsxman. You won't regret it and you'll garner some braggin rights too.

BTW, I like your moniker Kingsxman. Guitar player no doubt. I'm a classical pianist and a rock blues guitar player. It's a big part of my life. Keep on rockin.
    I love Pop. I actually love the Spurs also. They just do things the right way... Well...aside from the resting of players. No drama. No histronics. Just fundamentally good basketball.

I'm positive we're going to be a better team this year. I just have been a fan long enough not to get too high. The last time I was super excited was the beginning of Knuckle Pushups year. We know how that worked out.

Yes, guitar player. Been in bands since i was 15....which was along time ago. You'd think I'd be better. LOL. Love me some blues guitar. (Also, obviously a KingsX fan). Do you play out anywhere? (Not to sidetrack the thread too much).

Quote Originally Posted by kingsxman View Post
    I love Pop. I actually love the Spurs also. They just do things the right way... Well...aside from the resting of players. No drama. No histronics. Just fundamentally good basketball.

I'm positive we're going to be a better team this year. I just have been a fan long enough not to get too high. The last time I was super excited was the beginning of Knuckle Pushups year. We know how that worked out.

Yes, guitar player. Been in bands since i was 15....which was along time ago. You'd think I'd be better. LOL. Love me some blues guitar. (Also, obviously a KingsX fan). Do you play out anywhere? (Not to sidetrack the thread too much).
    No, I don't play professionally, just for fun.

Under, I'm going 46 wins. I think we're going to struggle at the start of the year and pick up later when hopefully the defense starts to come together.

Under. 44-46 wins is where I'm at, where we'd still be probably contesting for the bottom seeds.

This many years of being a Wolves fan finally has broken me of optimism. I’ll take the under, as in underperforming. The talent is there to be a 50 win team but I haven’t seen them be able to put it together and I have serious doubts about Teague. I could see Brooks starting at PG by Christmas and everyone scratching their heads about what to do for next year.
    You play to win the game... HELLO?! You PLAY to WIN the GAME!

Thread Information