Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

3-3 here we come?

Every year college football fans see their favorite teams change coaches and every year fans think they will always be better. That is hardly the case and the Gophers are no different. The Gophers has some strengths and plenty of weaknesses after players were kicked out of the program, got injured, or had not been recruited well. Tonight the Gophers will likely fall to 3-3 and 0-3 in the Big Ten. The echos of Brewster are ringing with PJ Fleck and it’s not surprising but the record shouldn’t be either.
    It doesn’t matter if you are a king or street sweeper pretty soon you will dance with the reaper!

Its better to be silent and everyone think your an idiot than open your mouth and remove all doubt.

“Statistics are no substitute for judgment”
    Henry Clay

Fleck is no Brewster.
    You hint that there are plenty of weaknesses and it is very true. An O-line that has had many injuries and inexperience. An issue with no QB having been developed from the predecessor and that was one of Kill's largest problems.

Fleck gets a season or two to show if he is a flop or not. I think in the long run he is going to be able to recruit and connect with players.

I find Fleck's personality ... a bit much. But Stretch is right. We can't judge him on this year, or even next.

Maybe it wasn’t clear enough but this was a pro Fleck post by me. I am more ripping fans who constantly think a new coach makes a team better from day 1 even though that usually never happens. As far as my Brewster comment have you been following the media and fan comments? The echos of Brewster have started and they are getting louder. The 3 game losing streak has many fans especially the general fans who don’t follow closely to talk.
    It doesn’t matter if you are a king or street sweeper pretty soon you will dance with the reaper!

Its better to be silent and everyone think your an idiot than open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Henry Clay

Yep, it is a bad start in the big 10. Especially losing games we could have won.
    I do find concern that Fleck went with Rhoda. But, he didn't have much choice. Go with a total rookie or with someone who has been on the sidelines for 4 years. The problem is Rhoda demonstrated that not having on the field experience matters. He is as good as a rookie on the field in his 5th year.
    As for Fleck's personality it only matters what recruits and his players think of it. He is motivational in his approaches from what I have seen. He is looking ways to build up motivation, good coaches do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf on the Prowl View Post
    Maybe it wasn’t clear enough but this was a pro Fleck post by me. I am more ripping fans who constantly think a new coach makes a team better from day 1 even though that usually never happens. As far as my Brewster comment have you been following the media and fan comments? The echos of Brewster have started and they are getting louder. The 3 game losing streak has many fans especially the general fans who don’t follow closely to talk.

Croft had as many starts as Rhoda coming into the season and had the same amount of time in this offense. Croft played as a true freshman before redshirting last year. This is his third year in the program far from a rookie.

Henry Clay

Thread Information