Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Wow, I never thought Phx would get that much for this guy. Monroe AND a first? I'm just not a fan of Bledsoe. I think he's more trouble than he's worth.

Bucks To Acquire Eric Bledsoe From Suns
    Nov 7, 2017 10:20 AM

The Milwaukee Bucks and Phoenix Suns are finalizing a trade of Eric Bledsoe for Greg Monroe and first round pick.

Bledsoe was sent home by the Suns at the end of the first week of the season while they searched for a trade partner. Bledsoe previously had met with Suns owner Robert Sarver and McDonough during the preseason and requested a trade.

Bledsoe has two seasons and $29 million remaining on his five-year, $70 million contract.

Quote Originally Posted by ECA19 View Post
    Wow, I never thought Phx would get that much for this guy. Monroe AND a first? I'm just not a fan of Bledsoe. I think he's more trouble than he's worth.

The Milwaukee Bucks and Phoenix Suns are finalizing a trade of Eric Bledsoe for Greg Monroe and first round pick.

Bledsoe was sent home by the Suns at the end of the first week of the season while they searched for a trade partner. Bledsoe previously had met with Suns owner Robert Sarver and McDonough during the preseason and requested a trade.

Bledsoe has two seasons and $29 million remaining on his five-year, $70 million contract.
    ESPN is reporting the Suns are getting a second round pick as well, there will be lottery protection on the first, but that seems irrelevant since the Bucks should make the playoffs.

I love that deal for the Bucks!

Quote Originally Posted by LEvine View Post
    I love that deal for the Bucks!
    I think this might be good for both teams. Monroe comes off the books next year, so they get cap space and a couple of picks for a guy that clearly didn't fit with where this team is going in the immediate future.

Quote Originally Posted by ECA19 View Post

That's a nice move for the Bucks. Monroe isn't a great fit in the modern NBA and they can probably find another big cheaply on the trade market. Monroe is basically salary filler for the Suns. The Wolves traded a lotto protected first for A. Payne. The Bucks got Bledsoe for not much more.

Bledsoe
    Snell
    Middleton
    Giannis
    Maker

That's a long starting 5 with some great defensive potential. If they could put it together, they could rise up to be real threat to the Celtics. Who knows what happens with Lebron, but he's aging either way. Milwaukee and Boston look primed to top the East for a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by dschroeder01 View Post
    That's a nice move for the Bucks. Monroe isn't a great fit in the modern NBA and they can probably find another big cheaply on the trade market. Monroe is basically salary filler for the Suns. The Wolves traded a lotto protected first for A. Payne. The Bucks got Bledsoe for not much more.

Bledsoe
    Snell
    Middleton
    Giannis
    Maker

That's a long starting 5 with some great defensive potential. If they could put it together, they could rise up to be real threat to the Celtics. Who knows what happens with Lebron, but he's aging either way. Milwaukee and Boston look primed to top the East for a few years.
    Don't we have a big that doesn't see the light of day? Salary dump?
    Publicity, fame and accolades can make a theory popular. They can't make it true.

Unlikely Phoenix gets the pick before 2020:

John Gambadoro ✔@Gambo987
    Details on pick - Suns only get pick in 2018 if it is between 11 and 16. If not it rolls over to 2019 where they would only get it if 4-16
    9:37 AM - Nov 7, 2017

John Gambadoro ✔@Gambo987
    If pick rolls over to 2020 it is protected 1-7. In 2021 the pick would be completely unprotected.
    9:38 AM - Nov 7, 2017

Blog Entries

Bledsoe
    Snell
    Middleton
    Giannis
    Maker

Monroe might not be an ideal fit with the modern NBA but he's a whole lot better than Payne. Payne never got off the bench and is out of the league after his rookie deal expired. Monroe has averaged almost 30 minutes a night for his career. He's down from that this year, but the sample size is small. He's not a superstar but he's a good veteran center. Payne is/was complete junk.

Plus they also get a #1 pick.

If Bledsoe can keep his head on straight it can be a good deal for Milw. But he also has potential to be a real pain in the rear. I was just surprised Phx got as much as they did, given that he was sent home and the team had no choice but to move him. Their leverage was low and they got more than I thought they would.

Bledsoe
    Snell
    Middleton
    Giannis
    Maker

I'd probably still start Brogden with Bledsoe and have Snell be the backup wing.

Nate from Canis:

The Celts have the number 1 d in the league with a teenager, a second year wing, and Kyrie Irving in the starting lineup. This is in addition to being the youngest roster with the biggest turnover and missing their big FA signing.

A- Brad Stevens is a wizard.
    B- The Wolves (and everyone else—Stevens is wrecking the coaching curve) probably should avoid talking about new players needing time to adjust and young players needing to learn how to play better d.

Nate from Canis:

The Celts have the number 1 d in the league with a teenager, a second year wing, and Kyrie Irving in the starting lineup. This is in addition to being the youngest roster with the biggest turnover and missing their big FA signing.

B- The Wolves (and everyone else—Stevens is wrecking the coaching curve) probably should avoid talking about new players needing time to adjust and young players needing to learn how to play better d.
    The C's play in the Eastern Conference and had a somewhat soft schedule so far. I know two Eastern Conf teams just demolished the Wolves, but the point remains standing. In a few more games people will scout them out, find their weaknesses and then all will be right again with the NBA...
    Truth is not determined by how many believe it!

Quote Originally Posted by BIG BAD WOLF View Post
    The C's play in the Eastern Conference and had a somewhat soft schedule so far. I know two Eastern Conf teams just demolished the Wolves, but the point remains standing. In a few more games people will scout them out, find their weaknesses and then all will be right again with the NBA...
    I am still not convinced they will make playoffs.
    “We want to make plays to win basketball games, not to answer any questions or respond to what people have to say about us,” James

I love the trade for Milwaukee. Bledsoe is just what they need. Milwaukee is turning into a really good team. Monroe is a good player, but he's easier to replace and Bledsoe gives them another difference making player. Just another reason why bad organizations fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick K View Post
    I love the trade for Milwaukee. Bledsoe is just what they need. Milwaukee is turning into a really good team. Monroe is a good player, but he's easier to replace and Bledsoe gives them another difference making player. Just another reason why bad organizations fail.
    It wasn't too long ago when PHX were the model franchise of the league: they could turn any player into a long range shooter, 60+ wins every season was the norm, their medical staff could perform any miracles short of walking on water... It is not they are a bad franchise now, the pendulum just swings for everybody. Even the almighty Lakers are unwatchable today. In a few years, with a few good rookies and a couple smart trades they will be riding high again...
    Truth is not determined by how many believe it!

Nate from Canis:

+1

When you need to go out and overspend on vets who have worked in your system before to be able to get your signed players to understand your defense...you really should change what your doing on defense.

MIL has next-to-no depth in the paint and probably will need to get a big in there as a backup (Okafor, maybe?) as insurance. Thon is a liability on offense. Henson is a bit less bad on that side of the ball.

I think Bledsoe will be happier there and if he doesn't try to be "the man" in Milwaukee, the Bucks will be fine.

I thought of them as a playoff team from the get-go as it was. This probably should cement that. Not sure they get top 4 in the East but they should be in the mix for first round homecourt.
    Inching back towards the wagon...slowly...

This is the kind of guy the Wolves could absolutely use. Unfortunately, he's a free agent at the end of *this* season and is probably going to get a $20 mil + contract.

https://www.basketball-reference.com...covinro01.html

Even if he regressed back to a 40%ish shooter with a mid 30's 3 rate, Covington is one of the better defensive wings in the NBA. Great instinct on defense and makes relatively smart decisions. His improvement this year on shooting is mostly because he's had a lot more open looks with defenses focusing on Simmons, Embiid, and Redick.
    Inching back towards the wagon...slowly...

Quote Originally Posted by The Country Club View Post
    This is the kind of guy the Wolves could absolutely use. Unfortunately, he's a free agent at the end of *this* season and is probably going to get a $20 mil + contract.

https://www.basketball-reference.com...covinro01.html

Even if he regressed back to a 40%ish shooter with a mid 30's 3 rate, Covington is one of the better defensive wings in the NBA. Great instinct on defense and makes relatively smart decisions. His improvement this year on shooting is mostly because he's had a lot more open looks with defenses focusing on Simmons, Embiid, and Redick.
    I can't imagine he's available. He's such a perfect fit in Philly (as he would be for us...).

One of my favorite underrated guys. I blame his dip in shooting the last 2 years because he was the only outside threat they had, so he was forced to take a ton of contested and/or really tough 3s.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad View Post
    I am still not convinced they will make playoffs.
    How about now?

Stevens might be passing Pop as the best coach in the game.

12 straight wins and the top defense in the league. All while starting a rookie, a 2nd year player, a historically bad defender in Irving, and a bunch of spare parts/roll players. And they lost their big signing to a season ending injury 5 minutes into the season.

How about now?

Stevens might be passing Pop as the best coach in the game.

12 straight wins and the top defense in the league. All while starting a rookie, a 2nd year player, a historically bad defender in Irving, and a bunch of spare parts/roll players. And they lost their big signing to a season ending injury 5 minutes into the season.
    I agree that coaching is amazing. I actually bet on Boston against Toronto without Irving. As you can see Irving plays important, but very limited role on that team. That team would be in the same position without Irving I believe.
    “We want to make plays to win basketball games, not to answer any questions or respond to what people have to say about us,” James

Thread Information