Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
Results 101 to 114 of 114
  1. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by BoneCrusher View Post
    We can if we had a decent GM and sold vets on getting rings. GS built their team around three max players and the rest are solid role players. I mentioned this in a different thread by why in the world did we not target Ty Lawson who was available instead of effing Teague especially at what he's being paid. Butler, KAT should be getting Max. Wigs very close to MAX but other players we can get.
    GS drafted most of their stars and then were able to add players once they had proven they were an elite team. The Wolves were coming off a 31 win season.


  2. #102
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    8,781
    Quote Originally Posted by LEvine View Post
    GS drafted most of their stars and then were able to add players once they had proven they were an elite team. The Wolves were coming off a 31 win season.
    Agreed. We are currently 4th in the WC? Not elite but getting there. But having Teague is killing us. Plus it was more of a reference to getting Lawson. I think he would be happier to play in the NBA than in China but I could be wrong.


  3. #103
    Quote Originally Posted by BoneCrusher View Post
    Agreed. We are currently 4th in the WC? Not elite but getting there. But having Teague is killing us. Plus it was more of a reference to getting Lawson. I think he would be happier to play in the NBA than in China but I could be wrong.
    I'm sure Lawson would play for any NBA team that offered him the chance.

    So far no one has wanted to.


  4. #104
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    17,630
    Since January 1:

    Rubio: 13.9/4.7/5.9 on .445/.411/.833 (18 games)
    Teague: 12.2/2.5/6.9 on .428/.368/.793 (18 games)
    Collison: 13.6/2.2/4.3 on .519/.442/.946 (16 games)

    Collison is out until the end of the month after getting his knee scoped.
    Inching back towards the wagon...slowly...


  5. #105
    Is Tyus Jones the Best Pro From Duke’s 2015 Title Team?

    https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/2...a-timberwolves


  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by The Country Club View Post
    Since January 1:

    Rubio: 13.9/4.7/5.9 on .445/.411/.833 (18 games)
    Teague: 12.2/2.5/6.9 on .428/.368/.793 (18 games)
    Collison: 13.6/2.2/4.3 on .519/.442/.946 (16 games)

    Collison is out until the end of the month after getting his knee scoped.
    Zach Lowe had a nice piece on the Jazz today - http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...bert-utah-jazz

    Sounds like the effort has been in getting Rubio to slow down when he attacks the rim and speed up and step into shots when he shoots from distance. Sounds like logical ideas after watching him all these years. I hope he sticks in Utah, I think him as an extra guard opposite Mitchell and paired with Gobert is an ideal situation for him. He probably should get be the PG 100% of the time when Mitchell sits and they split duties for 8-10 minutes a night if the lineup works well.


  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    Zach Lowe had a nice piece on the Jazz today - http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...bert-utah-jazz

    Sounds like the effort has been in getting Rubio to slow down when he attacks the rim and speed up and step into shots when he shoots from distance. Sounds like logical ideas after watching him all these years. I hope he sticks in Utah, I think him as an extra guard opposite Mitchell and paired with Gobert is an ideal situation for him. He probably should get be the PG 100% of the time when Mitchell sits and they split duties for 8-10 minutes a night if the lineup works well.
    It's too bad but Ricky never improved his game one bit since day one. I blame that on the organization not demanding more from him in the off season. Of course he played for Spain quite often. Still, that doesn't excuse him.


  8. #108
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    17,630
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick K View Post
    It's too bad but Ricky never improved his game one bit since day one. I blame that on the organization not demanding more from him in the off season. Of course he played for Spain quite often. Still, that doesn't excuse him.
    https://www.basketball-reference.com...rubiori01.html

    Rubio's shooting improved markedly in the last full season he was here. He became an elite free throw shooter.

    His jumper was still erratic as hell but he played quite well the final 50 games of last season.
    Inching back towards the wagon...slowly...


  9. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by The Country Club View Post
    https://www.basketball-reference.com...rubiori01.html

    Rubio's shooting improved markedly in the last full season he was here. He became an elite free throw shooter.

    His jumper was still erratic as hell but he played quite well the final 50 games of last season.
    Look at his shooting numbers this year. Whew. Not so good. I was thinking about his inability to drive and finish at the basket too. He never really improved in either of those key areas so important for a PG.


  10. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick K View Post
    Look at his shooting numbers this year. Whew. Not so good. I was thinking about his inability to drive and finish at the basket too. He never really improved in either of those key areas so important for a PG.
    He never developed a floater which is 100% on him. Thats unnacceptable for an NBA point guard.


  11. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick K View Post
    Look at his shooting numbers this year. Whew. Not so good. I was thinking about his inability to drive and finish at the basket too. He never really improved in either of those key areas so important for a PG.
    That's one of the key points of the Lowe article.

    His work getting to the rim, and finishing there, may portend something lasting. Rubio's shocking lack of touch at the basket has long been almost as damaging as his busted jumper. He rushes in and flings scoop shots as he flies out of bounds. It's hard to put any touch on the ball that way.

    The Jazz have slowed Rubio down. He's using more hesitation dribbles, changing pace, and keeping the ball higher on layups. He's even finishing lefty a little more.

    He knows defenses expect him to pass, and like Ingles, he's leveraging that expectation against them by slithering in for layups -- without hurrying.
    And it shows as he's up to 55% at the rim this year. A significant career high (career 48%). And he's closing the gap on some elite PGs. Career numbers at the rim:

    Lillard: 58%
    Irving: 60%
    Lowry: 60%
    Wall: 61%
    Westbrook: 61%


  12. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick K View Post
    Look at his shooting numbers this year. Whew. Not so good.
    Its more important to look at his splits. They've been working with him throughout the year, so you'd hope he'd improve as the year goes on. He struggled mightily the first 2 full months of the season, but he's been a total stud in 2018:

    OCT: 43/35/89
    NOV: 38/28/90
    DEC: 37/24/83
    JAN: 40/36/83
    FEB: 54/57/83


  13. #113
    Quote Originally Posted by LEvine View Post
    That's one of the key points of the Lowe article.



    And it shows as he's up to 55% at the rim this year. A significant career high (career 48%). And he's closing the gap on some elite PGs. Career numbers at the rim:

    Lillard: 58%
    Irving: 60%
    Lowry: 60%
    Wall: 61%
    Westbrook: 61%
    That's amazing. Good for Ricky. It's such a shame it didn't happen here. As much as his game frustrated me, he's such a good guy. Impossible to not like.


  14. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by kingsxman View Post
    He never developed a floater which is 100% on him. Thats unnacceptable for an NBA point guard.
    Correct. Seems awful lazy to me.



 

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •