Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Jon Krawczynski‏@JonKrawczynski
    3m3 minutes ago
    Jimmy Butler to @MarneyGellner: "We need to talk to Thibs, these 40 minutes are starting to add up." He was smiling, but still

Quote Originally Posted by LEvine View Post
    We're lucky Gallo is as out of shape as he is (and that Wes Johnson still can't shoot). We gave up SO MANY open 3s...
    It always warms my heart when Wes shoots...usually a miss. Wes Johnson, total fools gold.

Tyus should probably start for us and see if that gets Teague to be a little more aggressive. He is way too chill out there and he can't really blow by anyone like he used to on Atlanta. He needs to hit the weights I think and come off the bench for a while. I think that will solve some things temporarily and probably get a little win streak going. Teague is so talented, but he isn't expending enough energy right now. He is too chill and I think his legs are a bit weak, which is something one or two of our players always seem to have a problem with. That said, I still think it is a mistake to write him off. He is way too talented.

Jimmy Butler though. He is simply incredible. He makes PLAYS. On both ends too. He just decides he is going to take it to another level, and no one can really match it. We haven't had a player like that in a LONG time. You can tell, he just decides enough is enough and he makes **** happen.
    The sun shines again in Golden State as the hungry Wolves remain poised for the night to come

Jon Krawczynski‏@JonKrawczynski
    3m3 minutes ago
    Jimmy Butler to @MarneyGellner: "We need to talk to Thibs, these 40 minutes are starting to add up." He was smiling, but still
    He's a goofball. You realize he's just trolling right?
    The sun shines again in Golden State as the hungry Wolves remain poised for the night to come

Quote Originally Posted by rackshaq View Post
    He's a goofball. You realize he's just trolling right?
    Good that you know Butler better than Jon K...

jace frederick‏ @JaceFrederick
    30m30 minutes ago
    Butler’s minutes comment is at the end of this. As @JonKrawczynski noted, he was smiling. But I doubt he was joking

https://twitter.com/fsnorth/status/938649483889352704

Good that you know Butler better than Jon K...
    It was in the post game interview with Marney and the feed I was watching, because of blackouts, was live when it wasn't suppose to be. You could see Butler the whole time after the game while Marney was doing the mic check. He was goofing around. He reads the stuff. He knows this is THE hot topic of discussion. He's just trolling. Was Jon k there?

He can literally talk to Thibs when ever he wants to. I'm sure they have a very close relationship. He's just goofing around. Maybe not trolling the media, but maybe just giving Thibs a hard time because he knows Thibs is sensitive about it or something. "We need to talk to Thibs..."
    Last edited by rackshaq; 12-07-2017 at 01:48 AM.

Crawford is a 1-man momentum killer.
    Wiggins didn't help one bit. He looked awful and awfully disengaged.
    Inching back towards the wagon...slowly...

A couple of other things.

1) Doc should probably be fired in LA. The Clippers are a mess; it's clear it's time to shake things up even with injuries aside.

2) Captain obvious statement here - Austin Rivers is awful. He's essentially a lesser talented and shorter version of Wiggins.
    Inching back towards the wagon...slowly...

Quote Originally Posted by The Country Club View Post

2) Captain obvious statement here - Austin Rivers is awful. He's essentially a lesser talented and shorter version of Wiggins.
    He sure looked good the last 2 games against us. Teague couldn't stop in either game, but finally played good hard D on him and got a stop on a critical play in last few minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by The Country Club View Post

1) Doc should probably be fired in LA. The Clippers are a mess; it's clear it's time to shake things up even with injuries aside.

1.) Agreed, but I don't like Balmer that much so I don't mind the clips keeping Doc for a while

2.) I've always liked Austin Rivers' style of basketball. He is a good shooter and a skilled driver. He can handle the ball and drives and shoots with a lot of confidence and skill. I wouldn't mind having him on our team. In a way, I think it is almost always a bad idea to play for your dad at the highest levels of basketball. I want him to go elsewhere and see what he brings to a different team

Quote Originally Posted by rackshaq View Post
    1.) Agreed, but I don't like Balmer that much so I don't mind the clips keeping Doc for a while

2.) I've always liked Austin Rivers' style of basketball. He is a good shooter and a skilled driver. He can handle the ball and drives and shoots with a lot of confidence and skill. I wouldn't mind having him on our team. In a way, I think it is almost always a bad idea to play for your dad at the highest levels of basketball. I want him to go elsewhere and see what he brings to a different team
    I've had my doubts about Rivers but he's really improved since he was drafted. He can drive and shoot the lights out some nights. Next game he's 2 of 12. It would be nice to have a guy like him though. We could use that shooting.

From Zach Lowe

7. Minnesota’s horrid transition defense

The Wolves still rank an embarrassing 26th in points allowed per possession. The teams below them are either tanking, or decimated from injury. Minnesota entered the season with obvious fit and depth issues, but they should not be this awful on defense in Year 2 under Tom Thibodeau.

One easy fix: clean up the horrid transition defense. Only four teams allow more fast-break points, a blaring red flag given Minnesota plays at a slow pace. They rank dead last in points allowed per possession on transition chances by almost any available measure — from Synergy Sports, Team Rankings, and others.

Most of their rotation guys have a bad habit of loitering in the corners or near the rim in case an offensive rebound falls to them, leaving only one guy back in case of an opponent fast break:

A full 35 percent of opponent defensive boards turn into transition chances, the largest such share in the league, per Cleaning The Glass. Minnesota is a good offensive rebounding team, but not nearly good enough to justify routine jailbreaks.

This isn’t even low-hanging fruit. It’s fruit that fell off the trees, hit you in the head, and landed at your feet. Pick it up, erase five enemy points every night, and begin your journey to competence.

Thread Information