Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1

    Reggie Lynch suspended until 2020

    Star Tribune Sports@StribSports
    BREAKING: #Gophers basketball center Reggie Lynch suspended, barred from campus until 2020 after ruling by U's Sexual Misconduct Committee found him 'responsible' for sexual assault claim. He can appeal. http://strib.mn/2CHJrEE


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    17,630
    Another problem in the athletic department. Geez.
    Inching back towards the wagon...slowly...


  3. #3
    Not his first time. My questions with this is why does it take so long? This event happened spring of 2016 nearly 2 years ago. When did this investigation begin?
    It doesn’t matter if you are a king or street sweeper pretty soon you will dance with the reaper!

    Its better to be silent and everyone think your an idiot than open your mouth and remove all doubt.

    “Statistics are no substitute for judgment”
    Henry Clay


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,457
    Man it's always something with this program.


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,457
    And now Coffey out for what looks like an extended time. My did this season go into the crapper fast.


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    9,081
    Lynch should be shown the exit door. Multiple complaints against this player of being improper.
    Sorry, he should go.

    As for the season, even before the issues with Lynch and Coffey it was in the crapper. Time for Pitino to be shown the exit door as well. The team this year is under performing in a large way.

    Rob


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    17,630
    Quote Originally Posted by StretchArmstrong View Post
    Lynch should be shown the exit door. Multiple complaints against this player of being improper.
    Sorry, he should go.

    As for the season, even before the issues with Lynch and Coffey it was in the crapper. Time for Pitino to be shown the exit door as well. The team this year is under performing in a large way.

    Rob
    I'm torn on it. I think if Pitino had a role in helping "cover up" the stuff with Lynch that it would be fireable. If not, the injuries on the team aren't a reason to can him.

    They ain't going to the tourney at this rate though...
    Inching back towards the wagon...slowly...


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    9,081
    It's not the injuries and suspensions, it is the totally bad play from the team.
    This team was supposed to be a lot stronger with the new talent, that has not shown up in any way.


    Quote Originally Posted by The Country Club View Post
    I'm torn on it. I think if Pitino had a role in helping "cover up" the stuff with Lynch that it would be fireable. If not, the injuries on the team aren't a reason to can him.

    They ain't going to the tourney at this rate though...


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    17,630
    Lynch is officially expelled.

    Maybe Little Richard can be next.
    Inching back towards the wagon...slowly...


  10. #10
    I see no reason for Pitino to be fired. He has done nothing wrong. He needs to win next year though this years injuries have killed this team far more than Lynch’s suspension.
    It doesn’t matter if you are a king or street sweeper pretty soon you will dance with the reaper!

    Its better to be silent and everyone think your an idiot than open your mouth and remove all doubt.

    “Statistics are no substitute for judgment”
    Henry Clay


  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf on the Prowl View Post
    I see no reason for Pitino to be fired. He has done nothing wrong. He needs to win next year though this years injuries have killed this team far more than Lynch’s suspension.
    There were definitely a TON of red flags with Lynch. I worry about about the old "apple not falling far from the tree"...


  12. #12
    Reggie Lynch is clearly an idiot. He screwed up a pretty good career. That said the coach wasn’t at fault and followed protocols set up by the school. If there is an issue in this case it’s the system set up by the school.
    Last edited by Wolf on the Prowl; 02-15-2018 at 07:39 PM.
    It doesn’t matter if you are a king or street sweeper pretty soon you will dance with the reaper!

    Its better to be silent and everyone think your an idiot than open your mouth and remove all doubt.

    “Statistics are no substitute for judgment”
    Henry Clay


  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf on the Prowl View Post
    Reggie Lynch is clearly an idiot. He screwed up a pretty good career. That said the coach wasn’t at fault and followed protocols set up by the school. If there is an issue in this case it’s the system set up by the school.
    His "history" goes back well before he was a Gopher.


  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    17,630
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf on the Prowl View Post
    I see no reason for Pitino to be fired. He has done nothing wrong. He needs to win next year though this years injuries have killed this team far more than Lynch’s suspension.
    The team appears to have quit from an effort standpoint - even with most of the team back outside of Coffey. No reason to get smoked at home by 30 even though Sparty is really good.

    (It's funny that I'm saying this given I said the exact opposite when this went down but seeing how awful they've played with most of the lineup back, I'm not sure Pitino shouldn't have a hot seat...)
    Inching back towards the wagon...slowly...


  15. #15
    Mcbrayer has been playing on one leg. Hasn’t been practicing most of the year because of that leg injury. It’s been ugly no doubt but take 4 of your top players off any team and it’s going to be bad. It’s nice to see Washington and Harris doing some nice things and Hirt has been a solid role player lately.
    It doesn’t matter if you are a king or street sweeper pretty soon you will dance with the reaper!

    Its better to be silent and everyone think your an idiot than open your mouth and remove all doubt.

    “Statistics are no substitute for judgment”
    Henry Clay



 

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •