Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick K View Post
    He's continuing to pass well. He's so much better when he moves the ball.
    Jim Pete wondering if Tyus Jones' play rubbed off on Teague. Maybe made him realize he can't be as lazy/complacent if he wants to play well, win games, and continue to start over Tyus (Tyler?)
    "Closed mouths don't get fed, and I'm gonna eat every time I get on the court." Shabazz Muhammad

The Knick are playing really good ball tonight. They don't miss. The bench alone is 15 of 24. That's ridiculous. They gotta start missing pretty soon.

The Knicks have shot so well from the field they have shot only one free throw.

3PT shooting:

MIN: 4/16
    NY: 10/16

I hate it when players take off balance shots and Crawford takes way too many of them. Players miss at a huge rate off balance. It stands to reason. If you can't shoot in rythm and set your feet pass the ball. These falling off to the side 18 footers drive me nuts.

KAT is ON FIRE.

23 points, 13 rebounds, 8 assists.

He's even boxing out on rebounds.

Tyus for 3!!!

Best part of the 2017-18 Wolves:

This is a game in past seasons we would lose 9 times out of 10. Let down game where the visitors are abnormally hot in the first half, as well as having our best player have a dud game. It's so encouraging because we've been told for the last month that Jimmy Butler is the entire reason why we are doing so well, yet I barely noticed him in this game that we fought back and ended up dominating.

Hot take - Towns finishes higher than Butler in MVP voting
    "Closed mouths don't get fed, and I'm gonna eat every time I get on the court." Shabazz Muhammad

We're taking WAY too difficult of shots.

And it feels like we're too focused on getting KAT his triple-double.

Quote Originally Posted by Shabazzketball View Post
    Best part of the 2017-18 Wolves:

This is a game in past seasons we would lose 9 times out of 10. Let down game where the visitors are abnormally hot in the first half, as well as having our best player have a dud game. It's so encouraging because we've been told for the last month that Jimmy Butler is the entire reason why we are doing so well, yet I barely noticed him in this game that we fought back and ended up dominating.

Hot take - Towns finishes higher than Butler in MVP voting
    The defensive clamp down in the 4th qtr is something you rarely ever see from the Wolves. If they can turn that on at will we're in business.

Buckets with the dagger 3 and then the chase down strip!

Teague costs KAT the triple-double!

Towns has 23-15 and 9 ast. They all knew it and KAT to Teague for 3 just misses. Shame it didn't go.

This is a game we lose a month or so ago.

2 straight blowouts followed by 2 very tight games that we blew open in the 4th quarter. Impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by LEvine View Post
    Buckets with the dagger 3 and then the chase down strip!
    All through that 4th qtr Buckets was aggressively overplaying the passing lanes causing the Knicks all sorts of problems. Others did too but Jimmy did all the little things.

Sam Cassell really helped us but Jimmy is taking that to another level.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick K View Post
    All through that 4th qtr Buckets was aggressively overplaying the passing lanes causing the Knicks all sorts of problems. Others did too but Jimmy did all the little things.

Sam Cassell really helped us but Jimmy is taking that to another level.
    Sam had arguable his best season for us, but he was 34 years old and a 1 way player.

I have to give Gorgui and Teague credit for good games tonight. I forgot about Bjelly. 4 of 4 for 10 pts.

Fun game to watch. The team is starting to look complete if Bjelly is contributing and shooting the ball well. I know he's a role player but someone that can give us stretch 4 minutes and be a sniper in that spot is huge for this roster. You'd still like to see another wing in the mix somehow but there's really not a lot of minutes available for anyone if the team plays like this. A veteran shooter or a developmental shooter are the right fits so MGH or Anthony Brown if he ever gets a shot may be fine. I'd be fine with Mike Dunleavy as well. The buyout market will be interesting as will Cole's potential value in a trade.

The best part of the past few weeks is the team is starting to look like they like playing with each other. The start of the year was rough in that regard but everyone seems like they are buying in right now. Jimmy is the clear leader and his ability to coach on the court appears to be resonating with everyone. I think Andrew appreciates him as much as anyone.

Crawford’s selflessness:

With Butler struggling to get in an offensive groove in the first three quarters, Thibodeau called on Crawford to enter the game for his usual rotation later in the third quarter.

Crawford walked up to Thibs and asked if Butler should get a little more run to try to get going. Thibs stayed with Butler, who responded with a steal and a layup that tied the game at 81.

It’s that kind of selflessness that is trickling down to the rest of the team during this surge and has been so key in establishing the chemistry that was lacking early in the season.

Thread Information