Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Wolves vs Rockets (2/13/18)

Rockets are on an 8 game winning streak and just 1/2 game behind GS.

Wolves don't lose at home.

SOMETHING'S GOTTA GIVE!

Wolves up 27-19 with just under 3 left in the 1st.

-We appear to be switching more on defense than usual. A lot more. I like it.
    -KAT is involved early and often.
    -Teague is playing OK. Some really nice plays. Still can't throw a lob entry pass that his target doesn't have to "go get".
    -Jimmy playing well, Wiggins isn't.

Crawford is absolutely killing us.

If thibs had half a brain he would sit Wiggins down. He will never learn unless you call him out on his laziness. My disdain for thibs grows more each game. Now Wigs is 0 for 11. Not competing at any facet of the game.
    Last edited by Kandj; 02-13-2018 at 09:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LEvine View Post
    Crawford is absolutely killing us.
    Crawford is saving us!

And the Rockets decided to stop dicking around and just put this thing away...

Had a chance early. Ryan Anderson always kills us. Wiggins with the no show. Crawford is and always will be too streaky. Teague did his thing early but then well, did his Teague thing late as well. I like that Wolves went at Harden early, but for some reason stopped doing that. Harden seriously will let you score with ease. Whoever he is guarding needs to just go to the rim. It's a guarantee basket or double team, which the ball can then be swung to the open person. I'm no basketball genius, and even I could see that THIBS. Aside from that, SCREW YOU ROCKETS. I hate that team. Bunch of floppers and complainers. I'm happy every year they get eliminated from the play offs (then again I hate GS even more).

Houston made 22 3's. We shot 23 3's made 6. Houston bench scored 48 pts. Our bench scored 14. 11 by Crawford. How in hell are you going to win a game like that?

Teague finally had a good game like I remembered him in Atlanta. Wigs 2 of 14 and a minus 25 says much. Don't laugh, we might not make the playoffs. I bought in on Butler and Gibson changing the defense and getting Towns and Wiggins to buy in. So far I don't see it except for brief spurts.

We could be a really good team but we're not. We are 6-9 in our last 15. 11-11 since Jan 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick K View Post
    Houston made 22 3's. We shot 23 3's made 6. Houston bench scored 48 pts. Our bench scored 14. 11 by Crawford. How in hell are you going to win a game like that?

Teague finally had a good game like I remembered him in Atlanta. Wigs 2 of 14 and a minus 25 says much. Don't laugh, we might not make the playoffs. I bought in on Butler and Gibson changing the defense and getting Towns and Wiggins to buy in. So far I don't see it except for brief spurts.

We could be a really good team but we're not. We are 6-9 in our last 15. 11-11 since Jan 3.
    Very good assessment. Agree on Teague. He looked a lot like the Teague from Atlanta, and it is looking like he might be getting back to form after that injury. It seems he is playing himself into shape like Jim Pete says.

We have two problems to deal with before next year. Dieng and Wiggins. I think combined we have close to 40m locked up in them and it is scaring the hell out of me. I actually like both of them as people, and sometimes as players, but it's scary what I'm seeing because it isn't a matter of when they will player better, it is a matter when they do play better do they help us enough every game to warrant their salaries.

I guess the part that ****es me off most is that I'm pretty sure Thibs was kinda nudged into keeping those two players because Glen likes them. Glen playing GM a bit because he is the man that pays the bills. At any rate, let's hope Glen is willing to go deep into luxury to make this team competitive, because we won't be able to compete with Houston or GS with our current talent. Just not going to happen. Ryan Anderson was another guy I wanted us to get, wish that happened. At least Bjelica gets to see first hand what real shooters do in this league. He is competitive enough to step it up, but he has a ways to go moving without the ball to be on the level.

Edit: but Thibs needs to take control of the situation and figure it out either way. He knew what he was getting into with each of the decisions. Now let's see if he can get these guys to become the players he thought they could be. There are flashes, no doubt. To me, it is all mental. Towns continues to show a desire to mentally be on the level required. Butler needs to show more leadership too. But they all need to be who they are. I don't think at this point we can expect players to dramatically adapt their game. I think maybe Wiggins. Because, with Wiggins it is completely mental. If we could hire Sam Mitchell specifically to get the most out of Wiggins, it would be worth it the money. Even at $3m a year it is well worth it IMO
    Last edited by rackshaq; 02-14-2018 at 02:37 AM.
    The sun shines again in Golden State as the hungry Wolves remain poised for the night to come

There are cheaper versions of Ryan Anderson out there that can be had that would do similar. In fact, we have one that isn't used (Bjelica) properly.
    Inching back towards the wagon...slowly...

KAT continues to be great on offense although he still has to make too many of his points on his own. He seriously needs to stop acting out so much after EVERY call against him. It loses it's effect and is just showing up the refs especially when in many of those cases, he actually did foul the guy.

Teague was good tonight although this game showed me further why Teague could be best off the bench. Tyus is a good facilitator, but needs talent around him and it's not a good combo when the bench isn't scoring well (like in the first half when Tyus was out there with Wiggins and JC). Teague could be aggressive Teague with the bench and that's where he's best.

G is just bad recently. Taj has been great (although slipping recently too), but that signing just torpedoed G.

Wiggins was awful. That signing will define the Wolves and at this point it seems unlikely to be in a good way.

Thibs lack of creativity is just sad. Bring Wiggins back for JC at the end? How bad does one have to play to change the rotation? Taj back in for Bjelica didn't help either given the matchup. Bjelica stretches the floor and is a better fit against the Rockets. We needed to catch up and Thibs goes with Wiggins and Taj down the stretch giving us very little 3 point shooting.

Thibs has to find a way to light a consistent fire under Wigs butt. Maybe he needs to have a short hook on the guy when he comes out in sleepwalk mode. Embarrass the guy. Tick him off. Try something....anything.

Just think if he had Michael Jordan or KG's competitive fire?

Thibs has to find a way to light a consistent fire under Wigs butt. Maybe he needs to have a short hook on the guy when he comes out in sleepwalk mode. Embarrass the guy. Tick him off. Try something....anything.

Just think if he had Michael Jordan or KG's competitive fire?
    I'd rather imagine that KG or Michael were on the team and what they would do to Wiggins.

Quote Originally Posted by ted View Post
    I'd rather imagine that KG or Michael were on the team and what they would do to Wiggins.
    They'd probably completely crush him.

Blog Entries

Other than that how did we do?? Ugh

What drove me crazy was how easily they suckered us into playing their game. We see their guys firing up 3s so we decide that tonight we can forget about our own game plan and just start jacking 3s of our own. Just because their guy shoots a 3 against you doesn't mean you need to chuck it as soon as you get near the line. Great teams have always been able to do that to weaker teams. You nicely laid out the results. Overall we seem like a weak-minded team. Not all of the players, but way too many of them.

One thing that struck me last night was body language. We're way too quick to get discouraged about everything and we show it way too much, we gotta learn some composure when ppl start ramping it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Z0r View Post
    One thing that struck me last night was body language. We're way too quick to get discouraged about everything and we show it way too much, we gotta learn some composure when ppl start ramping it up.
    Yes!!!!! We've always been that way.

Quote Originally Posted by ECA19 View Post

What drove me crazy was how easily they suckered us into playing their game. We see their guys firing up 3s so we decide that tonight we can forget about our own game plan and just start jacking 3s of our own. Just because their guy shoots a 3 against you doesn't mean you need to chuck it as soon as you get near the line. Great teams have always been able to do that to weaker teams. You nicely laid out the results. Overall we seem like a weak-minded team. Not all of the players, but way too many of them.
    Good point. It's so tough not to do that against a 3 pt shooting team. Their baskets seem to come so easy and we have to work for ours.

Quote Originally Posted by ECA19 View Post

Maybe I'm missing something. We shot 23 3s. Our average is 22.3.

Quote Originally Posted by rackshaq View Post
    Very good assessment. Agree on Teague. He looked a lot like the Teague from Atlanta, and it is looking like he might be getting back to form after that injury. It seems he is playing himself into shape like Jim Pete says.

We have two problems to deal with before next year. Dieng and Wiggins. I think combined we have close to 40m locked up in them and it is scaring the hell out of me. I actually like both of them as people, and sometimes as players, but it's scary what I'm seeing because it isn't a matter of when they will player better, it is a matter when they do play better do they help us enough every game to warrant their salaries.

I guess the part that ****es me off most is that I'm pretty sure Thibs was kinda nudged into keeping those two players because Glen likes them. Glen playing GM a bit because he is the man that pays the bills. At any rate, let's hope Glen is willing to go deep into luxury to make this team competitive, because we won't be able to compete with Houston or GS with our current talent. Just not going to happen. Ryan Anderson was another guy I wanted us to get, wish that happened. At least Bjelica gets to see first hand what real shooters do in this league. He is competitive enough to step it up, but he has a ways to go moving without the ball to be on the level.

Edit: but Thibs needs to take control of the situation and figure it out either way. He knew what he was getting into with each of the decisions. Now let's see if he can get these guys to become the players he thought they could be. There are flashes, no doubt. To me, it is all mental. Towns continues to show a desire to mentally be on the level required. Butler needs to show more leadership too. But they all need to be who they are. I don't think at this point we can expect players to dramatically adapt their game. I think maybe Wiggins. Because, with Wiggins it is completely mental. If we could hire Sam Mitchell specifically to get the most out of Wiggins, it would be worth it the money. Even at $3m a year it is well worth it IMO
    I think this is 100% wrong. To me the fact that Glen wanted to sit down with Wiggins and talk to him "man to man" before signing him to this deal says that this was mainly Thibs and that Glen had concerns. Glen has NEVER done that with anyone else in the history of the wovles as far as I know. Glen turned over complete control to Thibs and does NOT get involved in personel decisions. Glen wanted Ricky here. If Glen was playing GM Ricky would still be here.

Thread Information