Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I've been surprised with how good Bjelica looks at the 3.

Gots to give credit to Teague for that last steal. I was as ****ed as anyone when he came in as Tyus was one of the main reasons we got back into the game. But he came up big at the right time. Good job Teague.

1 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by dschroeder01 View Post
    Bad call? No one touched it so it was off Bjelica.
    Oh, I didn't see that. Thanks. All I say is it wasn't off Wiggins. There was a clear hold foul on Washington as they held Wiggins from going for the ball. They probably can't review the foul.

This win is so huge.

Wiggins defense was great late but look at his ast and reb #'s. 1 ast, 1 reb, 2 t.o.'s, 2 blks. Hard to believe the ast and rebs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick K View Post
    I give Thibs credit for having Tyus with the starters from the 8 min mark. Big run. Wolves by 7 on a 23-8 run.
    About damn time Tyus gets more run with the starters on the court.

And, about damn time KAT gets more touches in two straight games.

Nice resilience and a nice W on the road.
    Inching back towards the wagon...slowly...

Quote Originally Posted by dschroeder01 View Post
    I've been surprised with how good Bjelica looks at the 3.
    I think a lot of us have been griping about the need of a spot-up guy on the perimeter to be a relief valve for the offense. Bjelica can be effective in that role.

I'm surprised it's worked better than expected on both ends of the court...not just hitting 3's (15/34 as a starter).

Quote Originally Posted by LEvine View Post
    Tyus/Rose/Crawford/Bjelica/Dieng...

How can Thibs look at that and be "yeah, thatís gonna work"?
    Yet that group was +6 when they were on the floor together.

Great win. It's also the type of win that makes you crazy because KAT could have had a dozen games like this it seems.

Wiggins has to turn it up a bit, 1 reb, 1 ast. His defense was improved which is needed but it's tough to believe someone with his physical gifts can play 37 minutes and not luck into more than 1 rebound.

Quote Originally Posted by boognish View Post
    Completely unsustainable.

THIS is the kind of defense we need to see from Wiggins on a consistent basis. Exceptional sequence:

https://twitter.com/Timberwolves/sta...41896467021824

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    Great win. It's also the type of win that makes you crazy because KAT could have had a dozen games like this it seems.

Wiggins has to turn it up a bit, 1 reb, 1 ast. His defense was improved which is needed but it's tough to believe someone with his physical gifts can play 37 minutes and not luck into more than 1 rebound.
    KAT could do that every night if the coach knew how to run a modern NBA offense or even an inside-out type of thing such as what ORL ran with Dwight.

FWIW, the Wolves are 18-10 when KAT's usage is > 24. 22-19 when it's not.

KAT is the best offensive big in the NBA and frankly could score 30+ every night if he were given the opportunity to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by boognish View Post
    Funny thing about that is Rose did nothing good or bad. He was just kind of out there. Tyus, Crawford, Bjelly, Dieng carried all the water.

THIS is the kind of defense we need to see from Wiggins on a consistent basis. Exceptional sequence:

https://twitter.com/Timberwolves/sta...41896467021824
    It was amazing and great to see that he can actually be engaged and be effective on the defensive end. Now anything less is unacceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by The Country Club View Post
    KAT could do that every night if the coach knew how to run a modern NBA offense or even an inside-out type of thing such as what ORL ran with Dwight.

FWIW, the Wolves are 18-10 when KAT's usage is > 24. 22-19 when it's not.

KAT is the best offensive big in the NBA and frankly could score 30+ every night if he were given the opportunity to do so.
    I thought our offense was much improved from a ball movement perspective last night. Much less standing around except for Wigs in the first half. For much of that game Wigs had no rebs or assists. How is that possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick K View Post
    Funny thing about that is Rose did nothing good or bad. He was just kind of out there. Tyus, Crawford, Bjelly, Dieng carried all the water.
    He had an impressive dribble off his foot when he tried to take a defender 1-on-1...

Quote Originally Posted by kingsxman View Post
    Gots to give credit to Teague for that last steal. I was as ****ed as anyone when he came in as Tyus was one of the main reasons we got back into the game. But he came up big at the right time. Good job Teague.
    Tyus got yanked for an awful chuck of a 3 pointer when he never bothered to run the pick and roll that was called or throw it to KAT in the post. Tyus was primed to finish the game, but he blew it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparlimb View Post
    Tyus got yanked for an awful chuck of a 3 pointer when he never bothered to run the pick and roll that was called or throw it to KAT in the post. Tyus was primed to finish the game, but he blew it.
    So something that is SOP for Teague?

So something that is SOP for Teague?
    Not trying to troll but you've been banging this drum so hard this year that the only logical conclusion I can come to is that you don't value dribble penetration enough.

To me it's the most valuable skill in the game, to be able to get within 6-8 feet radius of the basket with the ball and have the option to shoot or pass (and doing both at a high rate). It's deadly.

Traditional point guard skills are no longer as valuable in this new era. All the good point guards in this league are legit scoreing threats. Rubio couldn't do that reliably (and also couldn't hit threes at a high enough percentage to keep spacing). I liked Rubio a lot. He had a great feel for the game and he had naturally exceptional vision and passing, but he wasn't a serious pro basketball player. He didn't improve in areas he needed to improve in after multiple summers where he could have. He wasn't serious nor understood how much real work it takes to be good in this league. Didn't lift enough weights, didn't work on his shot, didn't figure out a floater or any form of penetration shot that was reliable enough. He was a player with a lot of natural abilities but poor work ethic. He never improved from his rookie year, thats really bad. Teague is a much better basketball player than Rubio and he was able to constantly improve throughout his career, but then got out of shape for the last few years, but now is back in shape and is playing how he used to on Atlanta, we may even see him get to a level above that, who knows, but to discredit the value of his game when he played for Atlanta is to go against a lot of very smart and fair minds in this game.

All that said, he's not a perfect player. He makes good decisions imo, but sometimes he is slow to make the decisions when he could be playing on a much more gut level. He has great instincts so I'd prefer to have him rely on those instincts and push things a bit more on offense. Quicker passes, quicker trigger on the three, attacking the close out a little better. He has improved a lot from the beginning of the year in all those areas and has rarely reverted back when progress was made.
    The sun shines again in Golden State as the hungry Wolves remain poised for the night to come

I guess one thing I'm thinking about is what we do when Butler gets back. Do you bring Butler back in at the 2 for wiggins, or at the 3 for Bjelica. I seriously think we may be a better team with Butler at the two and Bjelica at the three than Wiggins at the two and Butler at the three. We'll have better spacing, ball movement, 3 point defense, but then we risk tanking Wiggins value for any sort of trade this summer.
    The sun shines again in Golden State as the hungry Wolves remain poised for the night to come

nah, probably butler in for bjelica makes more sense. Someone probably has thought about it more than I have. I think we need both Wiggins and Teague to figure out how to get very confident with their three pointers. That is where things are going to start cooking for this club imo. We need to be able to take and make confident threes, like Bjelica and Towns are currently doing. Both Wiggins and Teague are capable of that, but they need a little coaching. I think Tyus as well. There is a lot more room for improvement believe it or not

The way I think about it, you need to be able to go back and forth between multiple types of penetration threats and open 3 point opportunities. That's kinda the ideal, but certain players should have leeway. Towns can take whatever shot he wants at this point, but earlier this year Towns was having issues recognizing when to pass out of a double team. That was mainly in the post. Now that he is operating further away from the basket more, he is more lethal for us. Things don't need to happen overnight. As long as things are moving in the right direction...and that's for you to decide. I think they are

Thread Information