Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by The Country Club View Post
    Was worried when Houston made their run and took over and got ahead for a spell in the 3rd that it was going to be over for the Wolves. Nice to see them respond and put Houston away and keep them from trying to come back in the 4th.

Nice seeing KAT put together a respectably solid game and I was very happy with Wiggins' effort last night (that's exactly what we need out of the third wheel even if vastly overpaid lol).

Rose's 17 points was on 16 shots (2nd most on the team).
    Hopefully KAT uses last night as a springboard. We're not going to hit 15 3s at 55% on Monday. We're going to need more scoring from Towns.

Wiggins played great, more than just making shots. He was into every facet of the game. Still took a few way too tough fadeaways, but mostly was in attack mode.

I've been a "hater" on Rose, but I will say he is aggressive and last night it worked. I know that a game like last night is the justification for those that see something in Rose (Thibs), but the number of shots you pointed out says it all. Rose is going to dominate the offense when he's playing. He averaged 18 ppg last year. No one was making the argument that Rose can't get numbers, but to do it he needs volume and that means that for better or worse, playing Rose means you play his style. In a small sample size, anything can be successful, but over a season, it's going to mean inefficient offense with no floor spacing and poor defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick K View Post
    You might be right about Houston but what do you think about the Wolves?

BTW, this is a brand new team with cp3. Don't underestimate that. Throw out all of your thought about Houston before this year.

This was a fabulous victory and I would have thought that more people would have commented on it.

That said it always comes down to matchups and coaching.
    Cp3 fouled out last night so for real, anything can happen.

As for the wolves, I love the potential we have. Been quietly rooting for Rose to have a resurgence, I think we have some genuinely great pieces to this team that, as most wolves fans know and even Glenn himself has said, could probably be utilized differently in-game. It seems to be what everyone prefers but Thibs.

Behind the scenes, I'm sure Thibs makes a great advisor. Wiggins defense is visibly better from when he arrived, Butler obviously respects the hell out of the guy, and despite the lack of creativity in offensive sets and rotations, there's a reason why so many nba minds like Thibs and believed he was the right hire 2 years ago. He's not stupid, he just needs to use what he has differently. If Glenn is even saying it, then it's only a matter of time before either he gives, or the franchise moves on. Like I said in another thread, I could see Ryan Saunders moving up, and like the helpless Homer I am, I'd root for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Z0r View Post
    Cp3 fouled out last night so for real, anything can happen.

As for the wolves, I love the potential we have. Been quietly rooting for Rose to have a resurgence, I think we have some genuinely great pieces to this team that, as most wolves fans know and even Glenn himself has said, could probably be utilized differently in-game. It seems to be what everyone prefers but Thibs.

Behind the scenes, I'm sure Thibs makes a great advisor. Wiggins defense is visibly better from when he arrived, Butler obviously respects the hell out of the guy, and despite the lack of creativity in offensive sets and rotations, there's a reason why so many nba minds like Thibs and believed he was the right hire 2 years ago. He's not stupid, he just needs to use what he has differently. If Glenn is even saying it, then it's only a matter of time before either he gives, or the franchise moves on. Like I said in another thread, I could see Ryan Saunders moving up, and like the helpless Homer I am, I'd root for him.
    +1

Great win. A weight (of sorts) has been lifted. I couldn't catch this one live. Was able to listen live on NBA league pass. Our play by play guy on radio is really good. I watched the game today and felt like I had already watched it.

Our home feed replay on league pass had Doris Burke as the color commentator. Wow, how refreshing is it to have a legit basketball mind behind the mic. I'm a huge fan of Jim Pete, but while listening to Burke, you realize there is a whole nother level for Jim Pete to get to.

At any rate, the game was good. We played ok. We hit some shots and played a bit harder than they did. Crowd helped a lot in this one.
    The sun shines again in Golden State as the hungry Wolves remain poised for the night to come

Thread Information