Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick K View Post
    Getting rid of Tyus would be a mistake. Maybe Glen can use his veto power to keep him. I wonder if anybody would want or afford Teague? I'd trade him if I could.
    I would actually be more inclined to trade Wiggins and use Teague as an off-guard. I am actually warming up to him off the ball, but I think he becomes too one-dimensional facilitating our offense (especially since we have so few people who can find the right spacing to give him a good option, and he is so bad at finding passing lanes to get them the ball), but he does has some ability as a spot up shooter, and I think he is pretty good with his cuts. I would be concerned about having Jones and Teague (and Rose) as our back court options simply because of size, but if we got a player back for Wiggins like, say, Tucker (not saying we should trade Wiggins for Tucker, just someone of that mold), we could feasibly have Butler slide into the 2 role and have that new guy take the 3. Let Butler run the offense "most of the time" with him and Teague on the floor similar to how Harden ran the Rockets pre-Paul. You could even have the starters be Jones, Teague, Butler, Gibson, Towns, then have the new 3 come off the bench if Jones and Teague are getting beat by size and slide Butler to the two.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ Styles View Post
    I would actually be more inclined to trade Wiggins and use Teague as an off-guard. I am actually warming up to him off the ball, but I think he becomes too one-dimensional facilitating our offense (especially since we have so few people who can find the right spacing to give him a good option, and he is so bad at finding passing lanes to get them the ball), but he does has some ability as a spot up shooter, and I think he is pretty good with his cuts. I would be concerned about having Jones and Teague (and Rose) as our back court options simply because of size, but if we got a player back for Wiggins like, say, Tucker (not saying we should trade Wiggins for Tucker, just someone of that mold), we could feasibly have Butler slide into the 2 role and have that new guy take the 3. Let Butler run the offense "most of the time" with him and Teague on the floor similar to how Harden ran the Rockets pre-Paul. You could even have the starters be Jones, Teague, Butler, Gibson, Towns, then have the new 3 come off the bench if Jones and Teague are getting beat by size and slide Butler to the two.
    We'd need a different coach. Our guy will not play Teague and Tyus together. The only exception he'll make for two PGs involves Rose.

(You also notice how much Rose pushes the ball up the floor compared to our other two guys? And Teague has been publicly begging to do that for some time now. It has to be a different set of rules for Thibs guys...)

Quote Originally Posted by The Country Club View Post
    Gonna bet that Tyus would have played last night if Rose weren't on the roster. He's already taking Tyus' minutes.

Assuming Rose is getting the MLE this offseason we should just trade Tyus now for whatever we can get.
    Not sure if this was covered elsewhere, but I read that Tyus was out with knee swelling. Are we thinking that was just a cover?

Quote Originally Posted by LEvine View Post
    I fully expect Tyus and Dieng to ask for trades this offseason.
    Another team could get some decent value by offering to take Dieng's deal with Tyus. Dieng is overpaid, but he can be a solid player in the right role. Tyus is a good backup at worst with potential for more. DeMarre Carroll for Dieng and Tyus? Salvaging a playable wing is about the best I can hope for at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by dschroeder01 View Post
    Another team could get some decent value by offering to take Dieng's deal with Tyus. Dieng is overpaid, but he can be a solid player in the right role. Tyus is a good backup at worst with potential for more. DeMarre Carroll for Dieng and Tyus? Salvaging a playable wing is about the best I can hope for at this point.
    I think more likely we would be looking at having to take Dellavedova. Maybe you can get Snell with him but Dieng and Tyus make sense in Milwaukee.

Bazemore or Carroll would be my 2 targets.

Either guy would instantly be the 2nd best wing on our roster. (Maybe even leading to a Wiggins trade? A guy can dream...)

Bazemore or Carroll would be my 2 targets.

Either guy would instantly be the 2nd best wing on our roster. (Maybe even leading to a Wiggins trade? A guy can dream...)
    Wiggins and Teague for Kemba and Batum?

Tyus and Dieng for Carroll.

Crawford leaves.

Wolves play more smaller lineups with Butler and Carroll as the 4.

Not sure if this was covered elsewhere, but I read that Tyus was out with knee swelling. Are we thinking that was just a cover?
    I'm going to guess that it was a "we don't need you...you rest your knee" given he was available on emergency basis per the report. My speculation is he would have played some if Rose weren't on the roster.
    Inching back towards the wagon...slowly...

Quote Originally Posted by TJ Styles View Post
    Teague as a #3 option on offense is not a bad thing (not ideally at the point but even if he were at the point with a low usage, 3/D two guard running along side it'd work). Teague as a #4 option with Wiggins as the #3 is a bad thing.
    Inching back towards the wagon...slowly...

Apparently you are allowed to make adjustments...

https://deadspin.com/the-rockets-fin...inc-1825499194

Apparently you are allowed to make adjustments...

https://deadspin.com/the-rockets-fin...inc-1825499194
    From the comments:

“I hate how both these teams play. I wish they could eliminate each other.”

Thread Information