Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011

Thread: 2018 Offseason

Quote Originally Posted by The Country Club View Post
    Lowry + CJ + Siakam = 40.8 mil
    Teague + Wiggins = 44.2 mil after 7/1
    I would do this trade a heartbeat.

PG: Lowry / Tyus
    SG: MLE signing / CJ
    SF: Butler / CJ / MGH
    PF: Taj / Siakam / Patton
    C: Towns / Gorgui / Patton

CJ & Siakam more than fill Bjelica's role. So if we do this trade, I think we can comfortably let Bjelica walk so we can sign whichever player from the group of FA wings (Bradley, Green, KCP, Smart, Barton, EDIT: adding Tyreke, JJ Redick, Ariza) will accept a full MLE deal. (That's with some caveats: For example, I wouldn't want to sign Tyreke to a full MLE / 4 yr deal. But certainly couple-year deal with annual salary based on value of full MLE.)

I LOVE this trade. I would be ok with giving up a 1st / Patton to complete this deal.

Evan Sidery@esidery
    Very interesting comments I heard today from Zach Lowe and Brian Windhorst on The Lowe Post podcast. It sounds like Karl-Anthony Towns and Minnesota might have a strained relationship.

If that’s the case, Suns should take Luka then offer literally everything they can for KAT.

11:36 AM - May 18, 2018

If Taylor chooses Thibs over Towns...

Quote Originally Posted by LEvine View Post
    I canít imagine he would, even with all the money invested in thibs. Maybe the strained relationship actually hastens the end of the thibs era.

He learned that lesson with mchale, right?.....right?

For sure I'd call my rep and cancel my seats and ask for my money back. I'd probably even stop being a fan of such a stupid team.

1 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by kingsxman View Post
    For sure I'd call my rep and cancel my seats and ask for my money back. I'd probably even stop being a fan of such a stupid team.
    I don't have season tickets but I would absolutely stop watching or supporting this organization. What stupidity.
    Publicity, fame and accolades can make a theory popular. They can't make it true.

People with season tickets should call ahead of time and ask to cancel their purchase in the event such trade goes down.
    Truth is not determined by how many believe it!

I have been thinking for some time now that KAT might have gone to Glen and said something like.... I hate playing for Thibs. If Thibs stays I'm not re-signing.

Please Glen.....Let the coach go.
    Last edited by Nick K; 05-18-2018 at 05:17 PM.

Evan Sidery@esidery
    Very interesting comments I heard today from Zach Lowe and Brian Windhorst on The Lowe Post podcast. It sounds like Karl-Anthony Towns and Minnesota might have a strained relationship.

If that’s the case, Suns should take Luka then offer literally everything they can for KAT.

11:36 AM - May 18, 2018

I don't know if I'd want any of PHX's crap to be honest if it's for KAT.

I'd probably want multiple #1's.
    Inching back towards the wagon...slowly...

Quote Originally Posted by The Country Club View Post
    I don't know if I'd want any of PHX's crap to be honest if it's for KAT.

I'd probably want multiple #1's.
    Just a reminder, look at what multiple # 1's have done for this franchise over the last 15 years. Outside of Towns, Butler and to a lesser degree Ricky.....nothing.

I cant believe we are even bringing up the idea of trading Towns.This franchise is a mess

The rumors about KAT today really cement my feeling that this franchise must look to trade Butler this off season. Thibs has to go, KAT is the main building block in Minnesota and you can't have him unhappy when the coach is not performing at an elite level. If this was a Popovich level coach and KAT not in a good spot then a conversation could be had, but it's not so Thibs needs to be shown the door. Does anyone feel like Jimmy Butler is going to be cool staying in Minnesota after Thibs is let go? Want to gamble on letting your only valuable asset (in the trade market) not named KAT walking after next year? I'd hope not. Glen has to be willing to admit that hiring Thibs was a massive mistake and eat that contract (this can be made a little more palatable by trading Butler and hopefully attaching Dieng to him to save some cash either in 2018 or beyond). I am afraid Taylor won't act on Thibs, but I am fairly confident he won't allow a KAT trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick K View Post
    Just a reminder, look at what multiple # 1's have done for this franchise over the last 15 years. Outside of Towns, Butler and to a lesser degree Ricky.....nothing.
    I hear ya we've been crappy on drafting. I just don't like any of PHX's pieces in a trade of KAT and #1's that will probably be lottery for a few years will be better value what PHX has now that we could use.

(I would trade for Tyson Chandler if we're moving Dieng, if only because of Tyson's soon to expire contract...but I wouldn't want any other piece in PHX right now given our roster.)

For all the talk about a rim protector...this is a low budget signing that for 10-15 minutes a night would make a shred of sense for Thibs

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...d-roy-hibbert/

"LazyAssHat's" CliffsNotes to today's Jon K show:

•Becky hates Thibs she doesn’t like sitting sidelines (**** yeah Becky), Taylor is ambivalent doesn’t like Thibs’ approach to coaching but likes the improvement.
    •Butler isn’t popular in the locker room outside of the Chicago contingency (comes from non-Jon dude on the pod).
    •Lots of stuff on Thib’s sideline antics which appears to be generally reviled by the NBA and fans alike.
    •Jon doesn’t think computer thing happened, can’t confirm it didn’t happen but is pretty sure since it supposedly happened the day they worked out prospects and hes talked to agents and players who were working out that day as well as personnel but no one saw anything.
    •Tough decisions on cap with Butler/Wiggins/Towns max contracts (duh)
    •Gorgui’s value is really low so thinks we need to add an asset to move him (answer was likely no so hes here for a while)
    •Do we want to sell low on Wiggins (likely won’t get moved since we won’t see the value we want coming back), may trade later if his value increases. But not trading for a salary dump. (Both G and Wigs are really tough to move, another no ****)
    •Doesn’t see Towns getting traded.
    •Non-Jon dude says no chance Jimmy stays if Thibs is let go. Just a first round isn’t going to be enough for Thibs to keep his job. Sounds like Thibs is unlikely to get fired. Jon thinks he stays if we pay him.

https://www.spreaker.com/show/the-jon-krawczynski-show

So the tl;dl (didn't listen) is that Glen is the one holding back the franchise from doing the honorable thing and cutting Thibs loose.

The Ultimate Nero while Target Center burns....again.

Thread Information