Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    18,145

    Wiggins - "I didn't have the best season"

    https://www.slamonline.com/nba/andre...e-best-season/

    Guyz, he promises to work hard. He pinky swears....
    Inching back towards the wagon...slowly...


  2. #2
    I know he's not known for speaking on anything but I would feel better if he actually knew what he had to work on specifically. If turnovers are his only concern, at least enough to mention them, please ship him out immediately. The greater concerns are consistency, shooting, and getting to the rim at a rate his athleticism should allow him to. His handles and hands are in general a big concern too but I'd put them behind those 3 areas which at this point should be a given for a guy who has been in the league for 4 full seasons.


  3. #3
    I love that Thibs blamed Wiggins signing a Max contract before the season as a reason he didn't have a great year...

    Thibodeau noted this summer “won’t be clouded” for Wiggins. Last offseason featured his highly-publicized contract negotiations with the Wolves. Thibodeau said that “probably took something away from him. You’re not going to be approaching things maybe the same way. So this summer will be great.”


  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    I know he's not known for speaking on anything but I would feel better if he actually knew what he had to work on specifically. If turnovers are his only concern, at least enough to mention them, please ship him out immediately. The greater concerns are consistency, shooting, and getting to the rim at a rate his athleticism should allow him to. His handles and hands are in general a big concern too but I'd put them behind those 3 areas which at this point should be a given for a guy who has been in the league for 4 full seasons.
    He surely needs to improve his handle but he really needs to improve his shooting. 3pt and otherwise. The amount of wide open shots he misses and sometimes by a wide margin tells me he needs a shooting coach and 700 shots a day. He should be able to do that. My instinct tells me he's more interested in playing video games.

    He misses too many ft's as well. He has the ability. Now he has to have the desire.


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    5,797
    Quote Originally Posted by LEvine View Post
    I love that Thibs blamed Wiggins signing a Max contract before the season as a reason he didn't have a great year...

    Thibodeau noted this summer “won’t be clouded” for Wiggins. Last offseason featured his highly-publicized contract negotiations with the Wolves. Thibodeau said that “probably took something away from him. You’re not going to be approaching things maybe the same way. So this summer will be great.”
    I agree with Thibs, this summer probably will be great for Wiggins. Too bad the season starts in the fall....


  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by The Country Club View Post
    https://www.slamonline.com/nba/andre...e-best-season/

    Guyz, he promises to work hard. He pinky swears....
    Wait...was he looking at his eyes when he said it?


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    18,145
    Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    I know he's not known for speaking on anything but I would feel better if he actually knew what he had to work on specifically. If turnovers are his only concern, at least enough to mention them, please ship him out immediately. The greater concerns are consistency, shooting, and getting to the rim at a rate his athleticism should allow him to. His handles and hands are in general a big concern too but I'd put them behind those 3 areas which at this point should be a given for a guy who has been in the league for 4 full seasons.
    Wiggins is a nice kid but when I see quotes like the one in the article he seems like an idiot with very little BBIQ.
    Inching back towards the wagon...slowly...



 

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •