Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

20th Pick By Year

http://bkref.com/tiny/fuJSE

Guys taken at 20 who have been good to really good: Ilgauskas, Larry Nance Sr., Gus Williams...and you could argue Jameer Nelson would qualify for that as well.
    Inching back towards the wagon...slowly...

Fournier isn't bad either. Can't really say #20 has been a treasure trove in years past though

You really can't look at just pick #20. You have to include all the picks that came after since you had a chance to pick them. With any competence from our front office we should get a good player that should at least make a difference coming off the bench. I'm not going to hold my breath. I've followed every draft in team history and I've been disappointed most of the time.

Players I liked us picking....
    Laettner
    Rider
    Garnett
    Allen/Marbury
    Wally
    Ebi...just kidding. What a joke.
    Rubio but no Curry
    LaVine
    and Towns.

That's it! Lots of bad, bad draft nights.

I dare you to look at the sorry group we have drafted in the past. For the most part a total no-brainer or total incompetence.

https://www.basketball-reference.com...MIN/draft.html

BTW, I highly doubt Thibs will pick anybody I like or we like as a group. My undying optimism has turned to cynicism.

Quote Originally Posted by Z0r View Post
    Fournier isn't bad either. Can't really say #20 has been a treasure trove in years past though
    Agree. And I think if we go with "hope for functioning role player" out of 20, then there are quite a few: Haywood, Hubert Davis, Tony Snell, Jason Smith, Delon Wright (probably), LaVert (probably). I'd be good with a guy who can become a role player and contribute.

ETA after the fact: Paul Pressey was really good in his prime and should be added to the "good to very good" list.
    Inching back towards the wagon...slowly...

Thread Information