Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 48 of 48
  1. #41
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    18,414
    If there were a three team deal like this:

    PHX: Towns, Aldrich
    OKC: Dieng, Chandler, PHX #16 or 2020 1st rounder
    MIN: Adams, PHX #1, Patterson

    ...I could probably stomach it. I don't know if OKC would stomach that though!

    I really hate trading KAT and think the problems at the top of the house (Thibs and Taylor). KAT is a good kid and it's a shame the relationship is straining. Assuming it comes to a head this offseason, getting Doncic and Adams in a trade would probably be a great haul for us and I could take that move.

    Adams probably is overpaid for market but he's a good low maintenance & low usage big man.
    Inching back towards the wagon...slowly...


  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by The Country Club View Post
    If there were a three team deal like this:

    PHX: Towns, Aldrich
    OKC: Dieng, Chandler, PHX #16 or 2020 1st rounder
    MIN: Adams, PHX #1, Patterson

    ...I could probably stomach it. I don't know if OKC would stomach that though!

    I really hate trading KAT and think the problems at the top of the house (Thibs and Taylor). KAT is a good kid and it's a shame the relationship is straining. Assuming it comes to a head this offseason, getting Doncic and Adams in a trade would probably be a great haul for us and I could take that move.

    Adams probably is overpaid for market but he's a good low maintenance & low usage big man.
    PHX is not giving up nearly enough, and OKC is getting the two worst assets in this entire deal (Dieng's contract is BY FAR the worst asset, with Chandler in 2nd. Chandler's contract may be expiring, but he's still making $13m in the coming season) for extremely minimal compensation.


  3. #43
    I think Eric at Canis probably has it right:

    KAT is not going to get traded anytime soon, so that aspect strikes me as a non-story that I’m not too interested in amplifying. The real story here is the complete dysfunction that has taken over Mayo Clinic Square. Yes, KAT is unhappy—so is everyone else just about.


  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by LEvine View Post
    I think Eric at Canis probably has it right:
    Yea, I put no stock in the KAT trade rumors UNLESS he and/or his agent tells Thibs they won't be signing an extension. Then all bets are off for both Thibs and KAT as one will likely be gone.

    But we should recognize the forest through the trees on this. It's been a running theme throughout the year but the season was mainly focused on complaints about roster design and scheme. Tom Thibodeau has managed to make a dysfunctional organization even more dysfunctional in his two years on the job. Amazing.


  5. #45
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    9,206
    Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    Yea, I put no stock in the KAT trade rumors UNLESS he and/or his agent tells Thibs they won't be signing an extension. Then all bets are off for both Thibs and KAT as one will likely be gone.

    But we should recognize the forest through the trees on this. It's been a running theme throughout the year but the season was mainly focused on complaints about roster design and scheme. Tom Thibodeau has managed to make a dysfunctional organization even more dysfunctional in his two years on the job. Amazing.
    If Taylor nixed the Wiggins trade he sure as hell will do the same thing with KAT and Thibs is gone. Taylor is smart enough to see the cancer is Thibs and while he won't like it Thibs will be gone.
    Publicity, fame and accolades can make a theory popular. They can't make it true.


  6. #46
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    18,414
    Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    Yea, I put no stock in the KAT trade rumors UNLESS he and/or his agent tells Thibs they won't be signing an extension. Then all bets are off for both Thibs and KAT as one will likely be gone.

    But we should recognize the forest through the trees on this. It's been a running theme throughout the year but the season was mainly focused on complaints about roster design and scheme. Tom Thibodeau has managed to make a dysfunctional organization even more dysfunctional in his two years on the job. Amazing.
    Given what went down in Chicago...it's clear the problem centers on one man...and his boss.

    The Timberwolves: Putting the fun in dysfunctional since 1989
    Inching back towards the wagon...slowly...


  7. #47

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick K View Post
    I would never ever trade KAT. If you can't win with him, get out of the business.
    These two sentences are pure gold. If you were on Reddit, I would upvote the heck out of this comment with fake accounts if necessary.


  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by derfolo View Post
    These two sentences are pure gold. If you were on Reddit, I would upvote the heck out of this comment with fake accounts if necessary.
    Thanks for the kind words.



 

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •