Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

KAT & Butler made All-NBA 3rd

https://twitter.com/shamscharania/st...969506816?s=21

First: LeBron James, James Harden, Anthony Davis, Damian Lillard, Kevin Durant.

Second: Giannis Antetokounmpo, Russell Westbrook, Joel Embiid, LaMarcus Aldridge, DeMar DeRozan.

Third: Stephen Curry, Victor Oladipo, Karl-Anthony Towns, Jimmy Butler, Paul George.
    Inching back towards the wagon...slowly...

Bobby Marks@BobbyMarks42
    Karl-Anthony Towns can receive an extension this summer up to 30% of the salary cap in 2019-20. Towns who earned All-NBA (third team) could earn up to $188M on a possible extension.

DeRozan makes second team and Chris Paul misses all three....

Quote Originally Posted by TJ Styles View Post
    DeRozan makes second team and Chris Paul misses all three....
    I guess he didn't play enough in some folks' minds. That's the only thing I can think of. Then again, Butler didn't even play 60 games. *shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by The Country Club View Post
    I guess he didn't play enough in some folks' minds. That's the only thing I can think of. Then again, Butler didn't even play 60 games. *shrug*
    Butler made it b/c he's forward-eligible. CP3 didn't because he's a guard. It's not that CP3 is not deserving, or didn't play enough games. It's that the guard rotation for All NBA Teams is effing stacked (and that comparable to just his fellow guards, he did not play enough games).

Quote Originally Posted by da_blueprint View Post
    Butler made it b/c he's forward-eligible. CP3 didn't because he's a guard. It's not that CP3 is not deserving, or didn't play enough games. It's that the guard rotation for All NBA Teams is effing stacked (and that comparable to just his fellow guards, he did not play enough games).
    He played 7 more games than Curry, so I doubt it had to do with games played. Butler only played 1 more game, but it makes sense that he was forward eligible. I agree that there are a lot of really, really good point guards (shooting guard is, IMO, the least stacked position in the game today, but PG makes up for it); I just have issue with DeRozan getting in, and specifically to the 2nd team. It is good for us if we do a deal with Toronto; maybe that will open up Lowry and get them to keep DeRozan. If it was games based (with the lower games causing Curry to slide to 3rd team), I would have thought they should move Oladipo to 2nd team for DeRozan and put Paul on 3rd.

It's not really me being miffed about Paul missing it; it's that DeRozan makes it (and 2nd team no less) when about half a dozen guards I feel are better missed it (Paul, Lowry, Walker, Simmons, Mitchell). Not to mention the two that made team 3 are both significantly better than DeRozan. Just more fuel for my "DeRozan is currently the most overrated player in the NBA" fire.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ Styles View Post
    Just more fuel for my "DeRozan is currently the most overrated player in the NBA" fire.
    I agree strongly with that take.

TJ & CC, to be clear: I'm not trying to express my opinion (agree with you guys that I'd take CP3 over Demar). Just trying to explain how the vote turned out in the manner that it did.

Thread Information