Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Molitor as bad as GardY?

The line up's he has been throwing out have been awful.
    I have no clue what is going on in his head.
    He puts players in slumps at 4 and 5 and better hitters high or low in the line up. WTH.
    He keeps putting players out that are hitting horribly.

This will be his last season as coach for MN Twins. He has his head in the sand.

Its shocking how similar it is. Right down to his (mis)use of the bullpen.

And for a Hall of Fame baserunner, he seems incapable of getting through to the team. We're atrocious on the base paths.
    Last edited by LEvine; 06-12-2018 at 10:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by StretchArmstrong View Post
    The line up's he has been throwing out have been awful.
    I have no clue what is going on in his head.
    He puts players in slumps at 4 and 5 and better hitters high or low in the line up. WTH.
    He keeps putting players out that are hitting horribly.

This will be his last season as coach for MN Twins. He has his head in the sand.
    Logan Morrison is not a good hitter, period. He should bat 6th or perhaps 7th. They just aren't a good hitting team outside of Rosario and Escobar (and Mauer when he's healthy).

Other than Lance Lynn, the pitching staff is decent. Lynn should probably not be starting.

The team's an average baseball team...they punched above their weight last year and have regressed back to the mean this year. I don't think that's all on Molitor but I agree he's probably in his last year.
    Inching back towards the wagon...slowly...

Bad team all around. Those hitting well last year are not hitting this year. Base running is terrible.

Our pitching is ok and if we had a bit more run support we would probably be at .500

I don't necessarily blame Molitor but whoever we have for a hitting coach should be fired.
    Publicity, fame and accolades can make a theory popular. They can't make it true.

Today is another prime example. Morrison 4th, Dozier 5th. It doesn’t make any sense. Meanwhile, Adrianza, who’s been swinging it well in the past month is batting 9th.

How about the call up of Motter? He can’t even hit .200 in the minors, and THAT’S who they call up with a struggling lineup???

I concur. Molitor needs to go. He’s clueless.

Morrison is still batting 4th or 5th routinely. He’s clueless.

And I couldn’t disagree more with Romero being sent down. He’s been better than Lynn & Odorizzi in the rotation. Not to mention Belisle back with the team & struggling this year.

I can’t handle it anymore. A competent manager has this team at .500. I’m done with Mollie.

Yep, he just keeps doing stupid things as an experienced manager.
    Romero is young but has potential to be an Ace. The same is true with Berrios. You stick with them and let them learn.
    Lynn is putrid game in and out.

Wow, the team is just completely nose diving. Molitor it is your last year as coach. Falvey and company don't look like they made good moves right now. Morrison sucks, Rodney is not reliable, Lynn was a huge mistake, etc. Did they make any good moves in the off-season?

Aaron Gleeman@AaronGleeman

Target Field opened in 2010 and since then the #MNTwins have the worst record in baseball at 621-757, which is equivalent to a 90-loss pace for 8.5 seasons.

In their final nine seasons at the Metrodome the Twins had the seventh-best record in baseball, playing at an 88-win pace.

You need the right players to play there. They went all in on Morneau and Mauer to be the players to win at the new field. They didn't help in any way.

They haven't invested in pitching, which is what gets you the wins at home. They have some young pitching talent, hopefully they get to lights out SP soon. They have 2 or 3 potential SP (Berrios, Romero, Mejia).

You don't win by signing average to below average FA SP to fill out the rotation every year.

Quote Originally Posted by LEvine View Post
    Aaron Gleeman@AaronGleeman

Target Field opened in 2010 and since then the #MNTwins have the worst record in baseball at 621-757, which is equivalent to a 90-loss pace for 8.5 seasons.

In their final nine seasons at the Metrodome the Twins had the seventh-best record in baseball, playing at an 88-win pace.

Thread Information