Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Country Club Draft Night (And Wink-Wink Draft Night) Blueprint

Let's do it...

Move 1 - Andrew Wiggins to SAC for Buddy Hield, Iman Shumpert, and Kosta Koufos (in July)

Why? Hield's shooting and the expiring $19 mil of Shumpert and Koufos.
    Why for SAC? \_(ツ)_/...well, they get themselves a young scorer. SAC's scoring sucks. Wiggins will put points up for them and give them a lot of minutes.

Move 2 - Dieng, Aldrich, 20, 48 to ATL for 30, 34, Bazemore

Why? Bazemore is a good wing.
    Why for ATL? They move up in the draft and gain some (not much) cap space. Dieng's contract is bad but not terrible and he's a serviceable big when he's given consistent minutes. He'll be fine in ATL.

Draft: 30 - Jacob Evans, SG/SF from Cincinnati and 34 - Omari Spellman, Villanova

Roster:
    SF - Butler
    PF - Taj
    C - KAT
    SG - Bazemore
    PG - Teague

6- Hield
    7- Evans
    8- Bjelica
    9- Tyus
    10- Spellman
    11- Patton
    12- Shumpert
    13- FA signing
    14- 2-way
    15- 2-way
    Inching back towards the wagon...slowly...

I like my (posted) version better that gets us Okogie and WCS instead of Evans and Koufos.

If there is any traction to the Atlanta rumor, I'd push hard to make it happen. Dedmon opted in with the Hawks this yr for 7.2M (which further diminishes a need for another big like G). If the Hawks want to increase tbeir cap space though...I'd add Aldrich for Dedmon and let Atlanta cut him to save $5M. Dedmon would be a great backup 5.

Quote Originally Posted by dschroeder01 View Post
    If there is any traction to the Atlanta rumor, I'd push hard to make it happen. Dedmon opted in with the Hawks this yr for 7.2M (which further diminishes a need for another big like G). If the Hawks want to increase tbeir cap space though...I'd add Aldrich for Dedmon and let Atlanta cut him to save $5M. Dedmon would be a great backup 5.
    Yes please, I'm a fan of Dedmon. Unfortunately, I would expect this trade to come down to draft-time, as I'm sure it's contingent on Atlanta needing to 20 to draft someone specific who falls, or acquire 20 to use as another asset in efforts to move up for someone specific. If those scenarios don't come to pass, then I doubt Atlanta really has interest in the trade, and there's probably just not much we can do about that.

Quote Originally Posted by dschroeder01 View Post
    SOLD!

I love Dedmon. Especially since he added the 3 ball to his game last year: 36% on 2.3/game. 78% from the line last year makes me think it might be sustainable too.

Teague/Tyus
    Bazemore/Hield/Shumpert
    Butler/Bazemore/Okogie
    Taj/WCS/Patton
    KAT/Dedmon/WCS

Quote Originally Posted by LEvine View Post
    I like my (posted) version better that gets us Okogie and WCS instead of Evans and Koufos.
    I know. I don't like Okogie that much though.

I also think getting WCS *and* Hield might be a mountain too high.
    Inching back towards the wagon...slowly...

Quote Originally Posted by The Country Club View Post
    I know. I don't like Okogie that much though.

I also think getting WCS *and* Hield might be a mountain too high.
    I get the idea they don't really love WCS, and they already have too many other bigs they're trying to develop: Skal, Giles, Bagley.

Plus he's owed almost 5M this year and I don't see them resigning him to his 2nd contract.

Thread Information