Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    I didn't want to start a new thread and maybe it doesn't fit here but does anyone have any expectation that Patton becomes an NBA player at this point? Ideally we would be watching him at least play in summer league but that's a wash for a 2nd straight summer. You see some of the reviews of Jon Isaac coming out that he is recovered from an injury plagued first year and is showing the potential teams loved but Patton has played much less basketball in total than him over his first 12-18 months in the league and it was only G-League minutes when he did play. It seems like they knew his injury wasn't completely healed at some point so his practice minutes may have been limited also. I don't know what Isaac's injuries were exactly but I doubt they were as serious as multiple foot injuries which prevents you from doing just about any real basketball activity.
    Just to clarify, but Patton hasn't had multiple injuries. As I understand, he had the original injury and his setback stems from insufficient healing of the same fracture. Unfortunately, the 5th metatarsal fracture he suffered is one of the more susceptible to this kind of incomplete healing.

All the time lost is frustrating though and just awful for a developmental prospect who needs experience. I won't write him off yet though until there's more proof that he's actually significantly injury prone rather than just dealing with a single tough to heal injury.

I've seen trades proposed where we are moving Patton and I'd be against that. His value is so low now that he doesn't bring enough back to justify moving him. He's a complete wildcard that I'd rather keep than sell for pennies on the dollar.

Quote Originally Posted by kingsxman View Post
    At this point I'm not expecting anything from him. Its kind of like..."who?".....
    The upside...by the time Patton can prove what he is G might be expiring and easier to move.

Quote Originally Posted by dschroeder01 View Post
    Just to clarify, but Patton hasn't had multiple injuries. As I understand, he had the original injury and his setback stems from insufficient healing of the same fracture. Unfortunately, the 5th metatarsal fracture he suffered is one of the more susceptible to this kind of incomplete healing.

All the time lost is frustrating though and just awful for a developmental prospect who needs experience. I won't write him off yet though until there's more proof that he's actually significantly injury prone rather than just dealing with a single tough to heal injury.

I've seen trades proposed where we are moving Patton and I'd be against that. His value is so low now that he doesn't bring enough back to justify moving him. He's a complete wildcard that I'd rather keep than sell for pennies on the dollar.
    +++1

Quote Originally Posted by dschroeder01 View Post
    Do you think its a given that we pick up his 3rd year option in October?

At this point, he's played 4 minutes at the NBA level and a 3.1M contract for a team in the luxury tax is not a small thing...

First time watching the Wolves summer league and after about 4 minutes I wanted to turn it..such ugly basketball.Okogie is a hustler bit looks lost on the offensive end.

Josh can't shoot a lick. Poor handle too. He has a longer way to go than I thought. At least he seems to be coachable and a great kid. 6 points total in the 2nd period was tough to watch. We are 1 of 16 from 3 so no change from the norm there. Maybe we get hot and improve those shooting percentages.

We've scored 19 pts in the 3rd so far so that's encouraging.
    Last edited by Nick K; 07-11-2018 at 08:19 PM.

We quit shooting the 3 and won the 3rd qtr 26-11. We're only down by 4.

Great block from behing by Josh. 4 blocks from him tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by LEvine View Post
    Do you think its a given that we pick up his 3rd year option in October?

At this point, he's played 4 minutes at the NBA level and a 3.1M contract for a team in the luxury tax is not a small thing...
    That's a good question. I'd guess yes, just because of the fear of missing out.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoneWolf View Post
    First time watching the Wolves summer league and after about 4 minutes I wanted to turn it..such ugly basketball.Okogie is a hustler bit looks lost on the offensive end.
    Our three point shooting last night was on point with what I normally expect from Minnesota Timberwolves basketball lol
    Inching back towards the wagon...slowly...

Thread Information