Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: Dozier

Dozier

Not including last night's 0-fer he's hitting .189 since May 13th. Contract up at the end of the year. Twins probably won't get much of anything in return for him to be a rental at a contender but I'm at the point where trading him would probably be a positive for the team given a prospect *may* end up doing something in the long term for the team.

His contract, thankfully, isn't terrible so a move with him probably would allow the Twins to not eat any of his salary.
    Inching back towards the wagon...slowly...

Yeah, I am not certain trading him at this point makes any strategic sense other than a low level prospect.
    We also do not have a player who can take his spot on the field.
    We would be better off trading a player currently producing such as Escobar. You may get a mid or higher level prospect.

The team is in the crapper, coaching needs to clearly change when a majority of your players appear to be struggling at the plate, base running, pitching and defense.

Time for a change and it is not the players.

Quote Originally Posted by StretchArmstrong View Post
    Yeah, I am not certain trading him at this point makes any strategic sense other than a low level prospect.
    We also do not have a player who can take his spot on the field.
    We would be better off trading a player currently producing such as Escobar. You may get a mid or higher level prospect.

The team is in the crapper, coaching needs to clearly change when a majority of your players appear to be struggling at the plate, base running, pitching and defense.

Time for a change and it is not the players.
    I know it's somewhat of a hot take but I didn't think that Twins team was very good last year and overachieved a bit (they rode a hot second half with the bat). This is regression to the mean, I guess.

Molitor isn't an awful manager but he's not very good either.

And some of the problem is on the players (Sano to name one)
    Inching back towards the wagon...slowly...

I would argue that coaching is a major factor this year. It is not as if one or two players are just not hitting well. It is almost all of them. That you can then say is something deeper than overachieving or problem players.
    There is something going on that the coaches have no clue how to help the players perform better. Even the basics like defense and base running are poor, that is on coaching.

Thread Information