Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    [QUOTE=Cory;423850]He's go to change somewhat, that's obvious. It's likely his professional coaching career on the line, not just his stint as head coach of the Wolves. It will be very tough for him to get another head coaching job in the NBA if things go south so it's now or never.

I'm not sure what podcast I listened to but they did bring up a good point in that our offensive system the entire year is basically what a lot of NBA playoff games devolve into. It sucks to watch, and it really won't work against a true "team" like the Warriors or Celtics system if they are humming and healthy but it isn't the worst formula in the world, just awful to watch.

Thibs would really be served by a young coach who resonated with KAT and Wiggins in someway. Ryan I think likely has a good relationship but I think there needs to be another person that serves as a go-between. I would guess that Thibs views Ryan as an ear of the FO even though that probably isn't correct. This would of course only work if Thibs had the ability to delegate authority but that's likely too much to ask for.[/QUOTE]

Yup, too much to ask for.

Speaking of systems to play, if we just used the system we use to start the game the first 9 minutes, the entire game, we'd be world beaters. Then we bring in the 2nd unit....ouch!

Quote Originally Posted by The Country Club View Post
    Sorry dschroeder for derailing too much lol

Anyways, this team has potential to win a sh*t ton of games.
    I think what Jon K says a lot is true, things that are wrong here are correctable. They require better communication on all ends. I think it also requires some guys maturing and taking things more seriously nightly as well but it's plausible for both too happen.

The question I have is can anything go great if Wiggins is the same player he was last year? Probably not unless KAT really leaps and one of the rookies completely surprises.

As our roster currently stands, the fate of our team is on the play of Wiggins, and to a lesser degree, Teague. That's because Taj, Towns, and Butler aren't that streaky, or know how to bring other things when they aren't doing well offensively.

Two players that impressed me during the playoffs were Teague and Dieng. Unfortunately, it took both of them 3/4th the season to get in shape. Dieng never even got to a place physically where he could help us, but mentally I think he has the potential to be a serious piece. The problem is if he doesn't lift weights, he will be dead weight again this year, and that will set us back for sure. I would vote to trade him if we can shed some salary and get a player that is more plug and play for us. Dieng still doesn't have that corner three - he doesn't take it enough for it to be something we can rely on him for. And Taj is pretty much better than Dieng at everything else except long twos. I don't know, I was very much against the big contract for Dieng, but I think Glen has a group of players that he really likes and wants to give them contracts. I think sometimes you have to cut your losses.

Wiggins, on the other hand, has to go. I think we are throwing away another year if we keep Wiggins around and give him big minutes. It's not fair to Butler. Butler's window for a championship is 4 years imo. If he doesn't win one in the next 4 years, he won't win one (unless he joins one or the cartels in LA, Boston, or GS). I think we need to really try to sneak in and steal a championship next year or the year after. That's what I'm thinking. At the very least, to be able to put up a fight against the rosters in LA and GS will be legendary. GS, right now, arguably, has the best NBA basketball team ever assembled. Scratch that, can this even be argued? They have to be the best team ever and I think even Kerr would agree with that.
    The sun shines again in Golden State as the hungry Wolves remain poised for the night to come

Im actually optimistic.

The team was in 3rd when Butler went down with the injury. Rose came in a played well and we had a good draft. I see a good season ahead of us. I wont predict a 3rd place finish since the west improved around us but I think well be a better team than last year.
    You play to win the game... HELLO?! You PLAY to WIN the GAME!

Quote Originally Posted by kingsxman View Post
    It's a good take but it also places an absurd amount of faith in a #20 and #48 before they have played a minute of NBA action. If it goes that way, it's a team I'm at least intrigued to think about at this point though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    It's a good take but it also places an absurd amount of faith in a #20 and #48 before they have played a minute of NBA action. If it goes that way, it's a team I'm at least intrigued to think about at this point though.
    I agree..but its the optimism thread...not necessarily based in 100% reality. :-)

1 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by kingsxman View Post
    I agree..but its the optimism thread...not necessarily based in 100% reality. :-)
    True! I enjoyed it too. I'll check my negativity and say I think Tyus is a top 15 PG during his next NBA contract and he will take a leap this year starting with his 3PT%.

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    True! I enjoyed it too. I'll check my negativity and say I think Tyus is a top 15 PG during his next NBA contract and he will take a leap this year starting with his 3PT%.
    I have been a top supporter of Tyus since draft day. That said, Tyus needs to pick up his offensive production like you said. Much like Ricky, he needs to be more aggressive. Of course he needs the minutes. Who knows there?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick K View Post
    I have been a top supporter of Tyus since draft day. That said, Tyus needs to pick up his offensive production like you said. Much like Ricky, he needs to be more aggressive. Of course he needs the minutes. Who knows there?
    I think he's already someone I would commit to long term on a reasonable contract and focus the outgoing money of Teague down the road on addressing bigger issues. I don't think a team needs two small guards in the rotation anymore, we presently have 3. Ideally Tyus would be paired with a bigger PG who could play some wing as well but we'll see how many opportunities we have at someone like that. They are tough to find but even someone like Dinwiddie could be a fit, though I have read he dribbled the air out of the ball at times last year. Maybe D'Angelo Russell if he has his head on straight. Just someone that provides some size that can slide between the 1 and 2 effectively and gives more size to the roster overall.

Tyus in an uptempo system orchestrating an offense could be fun to watch if he becomes a consistent deep ball threat. It can't be hitting an open jumper. It's being an aggressive shooter who looks for those opportunities. If he doesn't do that he's a career backup but a good one.

Thread Information