Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by BoneCrusher View Post
    Nice trade but Leonard has said he doesn't want to go anywhere except LA so unless Toronto get's some form of agreement from Leonard they will never do it.
    First domino has fallen! Never say never. I still think something is brewing between the Wolves and Raptors. No way Toronto makes this trade without having a contingency plan to bring in a player with star potential, should Leonard bolt next offseason(virtual certainty).

I’ve had this feeling all offseason they were working on something because of the Wolves interest in Lowry last offseason and Wiggins connection to Toronto. The money just didn’t line up. Wiggins/Teague/Protected pick for Lowry/Anunuoby/Miles anyone?

Wiggins is young enough for the Raptors to build around and present enough star power to ignite the fan base in Toronto.
    Last edited by Macwolf; 07-18-2018 at 10:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Macwolf View Post
    First domino has fallen! Never say never. I still think something is brewing between the Wolves and Raptors. No way Toronto makes this trade without having a contingency plan to bring in a player with star potential, should Leonard bolt next offseason(virtual certainty).

I’ve had this feeling all offseason they were working on something because of the Wolves interest in Lowry last offseason and Wiggins connection to Toronto. The money just didn’t line up. Wiggins/Teague/Protected pick for Lowry/Anunuoby/Miles anyone?

Wiggins is young enough for the Raptors to build around and present enough star power to ignite the fan base in Toronto.
    That would be the biggest fleecing since Toronto got another team to give them something for DeRozan. 8)

...not to mention they just opened a gaping hole a the SG which Drew can fill in very well. Trading for Wiggs would be like getting a younger DeRozan signed for the next five years... they are used to that! Drew playing in the East will show up positively in his stats.
    Truth is not determined by how many believe it!

Quote Originally Posted by BIG BAD WOLF View Post
    ...not to mention they just opened a gaping hole a the SG which Drew can fill in very well. Trading for Wiggs would be like getting a younger DeRozan signed for the next five years... they are used to that! Drew playing in the East will show up positively in his stats.
    OG/Leonard at the wings > Wiggins/Leonard

Quote Originally Posted by BIG BAD WOLF View Post
    Danny Green isn't exactly chopped liver defensively or from outside.
    Inching back towards the wagon...slowly...

Quote Originally Posted by The Country Club View Post
    Danny Green isn't exactly chopped liver defensively or from outside.
    Forgot about him.

He's still a tremendous defender, even if his 3pt shot isn't exactly what it used to be. He'll be a terrific 3rd wing - and you can play all 3 together.

Quote Originally Posted by LEvine View Post
    OG/Leonard at the wings > Wiggins/Leonard
    OG is not the volume scorer like Wiggins. Anunoby can’t create his own shots. You pretty much ran into the same problem that you had with Butler and Wiggins, players that are too similar. OG is the mirror of the type of player Leonard was coming into the league. I watched OG struggle to score in summer this year. If Toronto is going to reboot with anyone, it would be one of their own in Wiggins. If Leonard leaves as everyone expects, then Wiggins becomes your star and you have expiring contracts going into 2019/2020 in Valanciunas and Ibaka. You starting over and Wiggins is only 24 years old with 5 years NBA experience.

From the Wolves standpoint, you surround Butler with shooters. Lowry, OG, Miles, Towns and Tolliver are all capable of shooting at 38% or better, thus opening the floor to our slashers in JB and Rose, with Gibson cleaning up on the offensive boards. In a perfect world, the rookies Josh, Keita and Patton become capable deep threats also. With Lowry having 2 years left on his monster contract, it clears the way for Jones to be the PG of the future, but you’ve hid his defensive shortcomings behind wings like OG, Butler, Okogie and Bates-Diop. The only real mega contract you have on your team once Lowry expires is Butler and Towns. I don’t see anyone else capable of demanding high payoffs, they fit together well. It makes sense for both teams in my opinion.

OG is not the volume scorer like Wiggins.
    Volume without efficiency is a recipe for the lottery.

I think Ujiri is too smart to be interested in Wiggins.

Quote Originally Posted by LEvine View Post
    Volume without efficiency is a recipe for the lottery.

I think Ujiri is too smart to be interested in Wiggins.
    Raps' brass had that "come to jesus" chat with DeRozan about his shot selection early in the season and DeRozan finally started jacking more 3's (albeit not enough, I'd think). I can't see him wanting to revisit that with a player with an arguably poorer work ethic (perceived or actual is still up in the air) than DeRozan.
    Inching back towards the wagon...slowly...

Thread Information