Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 42
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by BoneCrusher View Post
    I love continuity and while I don't mind change I still prefer old school.

    http://mnsportsfans.boards.net

    Tell me what you think. I'm going to see if things can be duplicated or migrated because the engine should be similar or the same.

    Plus this will allow us to keep our existing names. Also looking for a few other admins to help out. Let me know why you should be an admin.
    Looks good to me.


  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by BoneCrusher View Post
    I love continuity and while I don't mind change I still prefer old school.

    http://mnsportsfans.boards.net

    Tell me what you think. I'm going to see if things can be duplicated or migrated because the engine should be similar or the same.

    Plus this will allow us to keep our existing names. Also looking for a few other admins to help out. Let me know why you should be an admin.
    I like old school too. This site looks great to me.


  3. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    18,414
    I'll post this here and at the new (non Reddit) forum:

    Thank you for your support of MNSF for the past 20 years (going back to Timberwolves Central and when both Eric and I had our own Wolves fan sites in the mid 1990's). We've been at this for a long time...arguably an eternity in the internet world. We're also suckers for punishment in supporting a franchise that, well, trips over itself pretty frequently. For that, thank you for supporting this team!

    We made the decision to pull the plug about a month ago and tire kicked some options about where to go. I thought about reddit as a fallback and threw a page up quickly as a starting point since I use reddit a fair bit but frankly have little to no interest in "running" anything actively anymore and I did not get too carried away with a stylesheet or any fancy template. I've got a lot going on with work and life and frankly don't have the desire to referee internet fights all that often anymore even though I got into more than my share of them over the years. :-)

    I'm happy with whatever the core decides to end up doing. If it's Bonecrusher's site, I'm happy to be a part of it and offer an occasional hot take. Just not as a moderator/admin.
    Inching back towards the wagon...slowly...

    1 members liked this post.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,113
    I'd be willing to take over financial and tech admin responsibilities of this site if that option is still on the table and the domain and hosting details can be transferred over. I'm not active enough here to be an actual admin/moderator, but I'm sure three or four of the main posters like Nick, LEvine, Cory, kingsxman, da_blueprint, vlad, pagliatti, dschroeder01, Bone Crusher, TJ Styles. sparlimb, oppenheimer, and any number of others that I'm forgetting here, could take over those responsibilities from Ms. Wolf and CC if they are done doing that.

    Probably not an option anymore, but thought I'd throw that out there. If it is about financial or admin issues, we might be able to solve those to keep things cooking here.
    The sun shines again in Golden State as the hungry Wolves remain poised for the night to come


  5. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Lakeland, FL
    Posts
    6,135
    Quote Originally Posted by rackshaq View Post
    I'd be willing to take over financial and tech admin responsibilities of this site if that option is still on the table and the domain and hosting details can be transferred over. I'm not active enough here to be an actual admin/moderator, but I'm sure three or four of the main posters like Nick, LEvine, Cory, kingsxman, da_blueprint, vlad, pagliatti, dschroeder01, Bone Crusher, TJ Styles. sparlimb, oppenheimer, and any number of others that I'm forgetting here, could take over those responsibilities from Ms. Wolf and CC if they are done doing that.

    Probably not an option anymore, but thought I'd throw that out there. If it is about financial or admin issues, we might be able to solve those to keep things cooking here.
    What would admin have to do? I'd like to help, but not sure how big responsibilities would be.
    “We want to make plays to win basketball games, not to answer any questions or respond to what people have to say about us,” James


  6. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,113
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlad View Post
    What would admin have to do? I'd like to help, but not sure how big responsibilities would be.
    A mod has a sixth sense for when things are about to get out of hand and steps in. Like CC and Ms. Wolf, they'll mostly let things slide and not step in too soon or patrol with a heavy hand. Mods also deal with closing down threads that are getting way out of hand, moving/combining threads if needed, booting troublemakers, and generally keeping things clean and active.
    The sun shines again in Golden State as the hungry Wolves remain poised for the night to come


  7. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    5,860
    I'd like to also express my appreciation for all of the hard work that went into keeping this site up and running. I would guess that about 80% of what I know about basketball came from this site, so I got a lot of value from it (especially since the other 20% I know is probably wrong). So thank you to all of the people who have kept this site up and running for as long as you did. The site lasted more than twice as long as the Articles of Confederation (if you start counting from when it was fully ratified).

    I have not been all that active lately, but I did bookmark the new link above. I am not really interested in doing something on Reddit or Facebook as I absolutely abhor their UIs. I like being able to log in when I feel like it and having the site just tell me what I missed. I don't need another app pushing notifications to me. I haven't created a user there, but I probably will in a bit.


  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ Styles View Post
    I'd like to also express my appreciation for all of the hard work that went into keeping this site up and running. I would guess that about 80% of what I know about basketball came from this site, so I got a lot of value from it (especially since the other 20% I know is probably wrong). So thank you to all of the people who have kept this site up and running for as long as you did. The site lasted more than twice as long as the Articles of Confederation (if you start counting from when it was fully ratified).

    I have not been all that active lately, but I did bookmark the new link above. I am not really interested in doing something on Reddit or Facebook as I absolutely abhor their UIs. I like being able to log in when I feel like it and having the site just tell me what I missed. I don't need another app pushing notifications to me. I haven't created a user there, but I probably will in a bit.
    You need to make the move. We'd miss what you bring to the table.


  9. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Fargo, ND
    Posts
    772
    Quote Originally Posted by The Country Club View Post
    I'll post this here and at the new (non Reddit) forum:

    Thank you for your support of MNSF for the past 20 years (going back to Timberwolves Central and when both Eric and I had our own Wolves fan sites in the mid 1990's). We've been at this for a long time...arguably an eternity in the internet world. We're also suckers for punishment in supporting a franchise that, well, trips over itself pretty frequently. For that, thank you for supporting this team!

    We made the decision to pull the plug about a month ago and tire kicked some options about where to go. I thought about reddit as a fallback and threw a page up quickly as a starting point since I use reddit a fair bit but frankly have little to no interest in "running" anything actively anymore and I did not get too carried away with a stylesheet or any fancy template. I've got a lot going on with work and life and frankly don't have the desire to referee internet fights all that often anymore even though I got into more than my share of them over the years. :-)

    I'm happy with whatever the core decides to end up doing. If it's Bonecrusher's site, I'm happy to be a part of it and offer an occasional hot take. Just not as a moderator/admin.
    Thanks Tom and everyone else for the kind words. I just renewed the mnsportsfans.com domain for another year and I’d be willing to transfer that to someone else. Thank you Bonecrusher for setting up that new site, if that’s the one everyone wants to move too then that’s great. Unfortunately it doesn’t look like the data can be migrated into Proboards.


  10. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    9,206
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Thanks Tom and everyone else for the kind words. I just renewed the mnsportsfans.com domain for another year and I’d be willing to transfer that to someone else. Thank you Bonecrusher for setting up that new site, if that’s the one everyone wants to move too then that’s great. Unfortunately it doesn’t look like the data can be migrated into Proboards.
    Thanks and I checked and no way to move the content which is truly lame.

    I sent you a PM.
    Publicity, fame and accolades can make a theory popular. They can't make it true.


  11. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Lakeland, FL
    Posts
    6,135
    Quote Originally Posted by rackshaq View Post
    A mod has a sixth sense for when things are about to get out of hand and steps in. Like CC and Ms. Wolf, they'll mostly let things slide and not step in too soon or patrol with a heavy hand. Mods also deal with closing down threads that are getting way out of hand, moving/combining threads if needed, booting troublemakers, and generally keeping things clean and active.
    I would be happy to help as long as I'm not the only Admin
    “We want to make plays to win basketball games, not to answer any questions or respond to what people have to say about us,” James


  12. #32
    Many thanks to Eric and Tom (and Ms. Wolf and WOTP) for hosting this site for so many years. Although I haven’t had the time to post as often as earlier years, I still come here often to check on the pulse of Wolves’ Nation. I appreciate the wisdom of this community and enjoy the occasional banter among everyone but particularly the regular posters. As the Wolves enter their 30th season as a franchise, I’m glad there will be a new place developed to commiserate with fans who are passionate about the Wolves. I look forward to future expert analyses at the new site about why we continue to suck, disappoint, and defy the mathematical odds with our underperformance for three long decades (sans one year).


  13. #33
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,113
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Thanks Tom and everyone else for the kind words. I just renewed the mnsportsfans.com domain for another year and I’d be willing to transfer that to someone else. Thank you Bonecrusher for setting up that new site, if that’s the one everyone wants to move too then that’s great. Unfortunately it doesn’t look like the data can be migrated into Proboards.
    Hi Eric,

    I'd be willing to help on the tech admin and keeping things running financially side. I think a vbulletin site makes a lot of sense, not only to keep the data, but because it is far and away the best mainstream forum app. All this said, I haven't been the most popular poster out here and my main goal is keeping things going here to keep all the history with it until the Championship is won, lol. So if that means having TJ, or someone else that is techy enough handle tech admin stuff, then I'm cool with that and I can help out with a PayPal donation or something.

    As far as admins, I think it would be something the community can decide with a vote. It sounds like Vlad is volunteering and I really think LEvine and Nick should be there on the list as well (should they be interested). I like the idea of Kingsxman and also Cory. Those would be the people that come to mind as potentially good mods. This is not because I get along with these folks most, it's because I think they are active enough and would know what they are doing from a mod standpoint while being tolerant of diverse views.

    Anyways, want to help. I appreciate all that you guys have done here and I think we can keep the history alive by keeping this site going and possibly even adding features and potentially some content. I'll look into the new features of vbulletin 5 to see what's possible.
    The sun shines again in Golden State as the hungry Wolves remain poised for the night to come


  14. #34

  15. #35
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    5,860
    Quote Originally Posted by BoneCrusher View Post
    Thanks and I checked and no way to move the content which is truly lame.

    I sent you a PM.
    There may be no documented or "supported" method, but if this board and the new board are both relational databases (like MySQL, for example), I could probably migrate the data for us. It would take me a little while to figure out how each table translated to the other system, but it wouldn't be hard. Now, if one of them used one of those newfangled "databases", that would be more tricky. It would still probably be doable, but it could take me a while to figure out how to get the data out or put the data back in.


  16. #36
    I haven't followed everything that's going on but if mods are needed to keep a site up or to help out in anyway, I'd serve my term. I probably have a penance to pay for some of my past conversations


  17. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,113
    Guys any updates? TJ, were you able to migrate data? Eric, we have some time given that you've renewed the domain, but pls let us know what the process would be to take over tech admin duties.
    The sun shines again in Golden State as the hungry Wolves remain poised for the night to come


  18. #38
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    5,860
    Quote Originally Posted by rackshaq View Post
    Guys any updates? TJ, were you able to migrate data? Eric, we have some time given that you've renewed the domain, but pls let us know what the process would be to take over tech admin duties.
    I haven't heard from anyone on whether or not they want me to try. If they do, I would need to get permissions to access both of the back-end databases for both sites, at least read-only. And I am not sure that is even something they are able to provide. Depends on the product that is serving up the forums.


  19. #39
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    9,206
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ Styles View Post
    I haven't heard from anyone on whether or not they want me to try. If they do, I would need to get permissions to access both of the back-end databases for both sites, at least read-only. And I am not sure that is even something they are able to provide. Depends on the product that is serving up the forums.
    Let me reach out to the site hosting the new one and see if anything can be done.
    Publicity, fame and accolades can make a theory popular. They can't make it true.


  20. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    C-Unit HQ
    Posts
    884
    Always loved that there has been a place for Wolves fans like this one. Thanks to everyone involved with keeping this site going, from admins, to mods, to posters. It’s been a lot of fun.

    1 members liked this post.


 

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •